Tzora scooter

your1mom

I am so glad I found your post. I have spent the last two months trying to find a reputable distributor for Tzora mobility scooters. It has been horrifying to discover how so many of the companies use the similar scheme as Planet/DiscoverMyMobility to victimize the elderly or disabled, using bait and switch techniques with low prices. Others advertise "beat anyone's price" either do not respond or make up excuses when asked to beat Discover's advertised web prices.

Here is the worst nightmare. I wrote to the owner of Tzora, Adi, in Israel twice, explaining what I had been finding and asking for referrals to trustworthy distributors. He finally route my letter to Carla Frost, manager of Tzora's own warehouse in the US (also in Michigan). She offered to sell me any scooter at Tzora's MRP price according to Tzora's policy. I said I did not want to pay that price since everyone else was advertising for less and include free accessories.

Here is the topper. She wrote to tell me she had talked to Mike Woods, the same Mike Woods who was convicted! She said he wanted to talk to me but did not have my phone number; I could either call him (she furnished his number) or I could give her my number to give to him. I said, thanks, but no thanks.

Seems like Adi has no problem dealing with convicted business owners who engage in fraudulent business conduct. If anyone still wishes to contact Adi, please do so. It will be interesting to find out if he responds the same way.

I STILL WANT TO BUY A TZORA at a good price with free accessories, because it is a good product. Has anyone bought one from a company that you feel good about? Please let me know.

My DH bought his at http://www.discovermymobility.com. We actually have two of them. We bought a tri lift for the back of the car and had to make the bottom of the scooter rigid to work on the lift so we bought a second tzora for travel. Just a note, the basket that they include for the front handle bars doesn't fit with the larger lithium battery so we bought a bike basket for the handlebars.

Yoletta

I also had trouble fitting the basket on, but a friend of mine got it to fit by simply pressing down on it, but luckily I still had one from my first Tzora & that one did fit with the lithium ion battery.

I did see one place from Florida but no clue on decency. When I googled the planet mobility owners I also googled the addresses used. If I recall correctly Carla Frost is Woods mother in law, or daughter in law..some relative. Connected family to the people who were arrested!

I did see one place from Florida but no clue on decency. When I googled the planet mobility owners I also googled the addresses used. If I recall correctly Carla Frost is Woods mother in law, or daughter in law..some relative. Connected family to the people who were arrested!

As I said, we have ordered two Tzora scooters from discovermymobility an have not had a problem.

Yoletta

I know Brigadoon lasted for only one day, but what about getting the folding scooter that you like & then having it adapted with shock absorbers & higher back?

First, we need to find a reputable company who will adapt the seat of the folding scooter. Two concerns are, will it still fold with bigger seat, and alterations would, I assume, make any warranty void.

Plus someone said the seat design and weight must be carefully balanced so you do not tip over.

I called pride and phone lady who called back was nasty. Did not even tell me other pride models with high back. (Victory 9 was discontinued but coming back on market in weeks)

we talked to a general scooter sales person who knows of a scooter adapter place near me, so we shall check seat change out. :)

• 2 years later...

After two weeks of asking (begging) Tzora for accessory prices, i gave up. THEY WILL NOT COOPERATE AND SELL ACCESSORIES! Several vendors sell the front basket and bottom tray.

Parts for my Easy Travel are discontinued, so Tzora will not speak to me.

However, we replaced the disintegrated Tzora foam tires from Harbor Freight for about $8 each. Spot-welded the hubs from original Tzora tires to Harbor Freight tires, so they would fit on front scooter axle. Made our own OX tank holder to ride behind the seat with Kidee Fire Extinguisher wall-mounted bracket. All works fine too!

Total cost for refurbishment less than $100. Took some time for engineering, and crafting, but it was fun to meet the challenge!

After two weeks of asking (begging) Tzora for accessory prices, i gave up. THEY WILL NOT COOPERATE AND SELL ACCESSORIES! Several vendors sell the front basket and bottom tray.

Parts for my Easy Travel are discontinued, so Tzora will not speak to me.

However, we replaced the disintegrated Tzora foam tires from Harbor Freight for about $8 each. Spot-welded the hubs from original Tzora tires to Harbor Freight tires, so they would fit on front scooter axle. Made our own OX tank holder to ride behind the seat with Kidee Fire Extinguisher wall-mounted bracket. All works fine too!

Total cost for refurbishment less than $100. Took some time for engineering, and crafting, but it was fun to meet the challenge!

Have discovered Monster scooter parts has replacement parts for most mobility scooters in Torza. It's customer service department is very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

TZORA PARTS FOUND!

Just purchased Tzora Front Basket and Under Seat Basket from lifestylemobilityscooters.com.

Sales staff were most courteous and kind. Received in less than one week also!

Highly recommended!

I will attempt to post pictures of our renovation and modification to use tires from Harbor Freight and Oxygen Tank Holder of our design, using a Kidde fire extinguisher wall mount in the Under Seat Basket and velcro strap attached to the seat back.

zlf1g9.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2018 at 11:11 PM, Puffdragon said:

TZORA PARTS FOUND!

Just purchased Tzora Front Basket and Under Seat Basket from lifestylemobilityscooters.com.

Sales staff were most courteous and kind. Received in less than one week also!

Highly recommended!

I will attempt to post pictures of our renovation and modification to use tires from Harbor Freight and Oxygen Tank Holder of our design, using a Kidde fire extinguisher wall mount in the Under Seat Basket and velcro strap attached to the seat back.

zlf1g9.jpg

NIIICE!!!

• 1 month later...

I have an older Tzora Easy Travel Classic (with double front wheel) that I bought used to take on cruise San Francisco to New Zealand 9/28/19 but find it much harder to steer and less able to climb a ramp than my 4-wheel Go-Go Elite Traveller.  Have those of you who have a Tzora had problems riding it up gangways?

On 7/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, your1mom said:

my tzora uses a lithium-ion battery & has lots of energy. perhaps the problem with yours is that yours uses the old type battery.

Perhaps that would help, thanks!