Looking for reviews on Lueftner river cruises Amadeus Silver

reunion cruiser

I am having difficulty finding out much about Lueftner river cruises and specifically the Amadeus Silver RIver boats. I am under the impression they are marketing more in the US and changing things a bit. Has anyone been on Amadeus Silver

And what is the Lueftner experience like?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They only just started marketing to US so the first sailings have not happened. There have been isolated reports here and there. English is not the first language I believe it's German and there where on a handful (2 couples) on one cruise I read about and remaining passengers German. As long as that is not a concern about I'd Google it and read the same reports I read.

Hello,

Lüftner (its "correct" spelling) is an Austrian company. Here are some notes translated from a German site, which I cannot mention as it is a travel agency:

the Lüftner Amadeus Silver has the maximum dimensions currently suitable for the large rivers. On board language German and English. Max Pax 180. Minimum amount of passengers needed for excursions per language: 20. Currency on board: Euro. Dinner is served in one seating, allocated seats.

These are just some details I thought might be of interest. If the company is knew to the US-market they might indeed change some aspects of the on-board experience. Especially in the restaurant. Even the crew might be different if the boat is chartered to a different company. The Amadeus fleet is sometimes used by other river cruise operators.

Hopefully some English reviews will appear during the year.

If you like search on youtube for river cruise Amadeus Silver.

notamermaid

The sun is coming out now and the valley is brightening up. Actually the sun has had a difficult time brightening up this morning as we have had a total eclipse in Northern Europe, Germany has had up to 75%! Saw the live web cam coverage over the UK. Amazing!

We are booked on the Amadeus Silver as part of a vacation package (river cruise & ocean cruise) offered by Celebrity. We haven't done a river cruise before so we contacted Amras Cruises who is marketing cruises on the Luftner vessels. They sent us a pdf of a booklet that provided a lot of info on the river boat experience and what to expect.

Reviews have been hard to find. From what I have read and pieced together the Luftner vessels are chartered (for lack of a better word) to TA's, groups or in our case Amras. Some times there is just one group on board other times there can be 3-4 different groups; not all with the same package.

For the river cruise we are on Celebrity has booked 20 cabins (and sold them all) so there will be others on the river cruise who may be a part of another group or who booked direct with Amras.

The things I have found on Luftner have all been positive as to the food, service, vessels.

We don't go until October so hopefully some sailing earlier will post reviews.

thank you

My TA gave me the info re Luftner, Amadeus, Amras, other groups chartering etc!

I did get a brochure but I'm trying to find out about laundry, self serve or send out

and specific re excursions. ie what are the options, if any or is it one size fits all.

not sure how much time on our own, that kind of thing

we go in June

I have googled and found a few things but not much

thank you

My TA gave me the info re Luftner' date=' Amadeus, Amras, other groups chartering etc!

I did get a brochure but I'm trying to find out about laundry, self serve or send out

and specific re excursions. ie what are the options, if any or is it one size fits all.

we go in June

I have googled and found a few things but not much[/quote']

I am guessing because there have not been to much available in English.... I'm betting most reviews are in German or something other than English. Remember they only just started marketing to the US/Canadian market.

Edited by JVilleGal

• 2 weeks later...
thank you

My TA gave me the info re Luftner' date=' Amadeus, Amras, other groups chartering etc!

we go in June

I have googled and found a few things but not much[/quote']

The document I got is about 38 pages long & contains info ranging from facilities, what to bring, Internet access, dining, docking etiquette & more. The booklet says there is no self serve laundry facilities or dry cleaning facilities. You can get laundry done for a fee.

My TA didnt have anything like that.

Is it something in pdf format that could be emailed?

Laundry is the big one! 2 weeks, 1 suitcase each (over $100 for a second)

We were even thinking if there was some sort of service in the towns, we could drop it off and pick up later

Laundry is the big one! 2 weeks' date=' 1 suitcase each (over $100 for a second)

We were even thinking if there was some sort of service in the towns, we could drop it off and pick up later[/quote']

You are never in town long enough to depend on that working.

Laundry is the big one! 2 weeks' date=' 1 suitcase each (over $100 for a second)

We were even thinking if there was some sort of service in the towns, we could drop it off and pick up later[/quote']

Yes it is a PDFs. If you want to send me an email I will send the info. Travelpage23atyahoodotcom.