AARP and Freestyle choices now combinable?

jmele999

I think you're correct as I just did a mock booking for our cruise this year and it's showing the $300 OBC, which it didn't the last time I checked. Unfortunately, the price is over $1,000 more than what we paid when we booked in September! Since we're already getting dinner for 2 at Cagney's, La Cucina and Le Bistro, $225 OBC, $50 spa credit and some other little extras with the promo they had then, we're going to stick with what we have. However, I am going to check next year's cruise right now as I didn't think the AARP rate was worth the $200+ savings since we would have needed to add the UDP anyway. Thanks for the heads up!

The AARP discount isn't available on all ships/sailings/itineraries. The itinerary has to be marked with "A (in a red box) Discounted Rate" for the special AARP discount of up to $100. The 5% AARP discount is good for sailings booked at least 9 months in advance.

Huge thanks to the OP for starting this thread!

We booked a cruise months ago for early 2016, and had the AARP discount. Last month, when NCL launched the Freestyle Choice Promo, we gave up the AARP discount for the Promo, because it made financial sense. When I saw this thread today, I contacted my PCC and he restored the AARP discount and we keep the Promo. The two just became combineable late yesterday.

I love Cruise Critic! :)

When I did a mock booking myself it would not combine but when I called my PCC he booked the AARP and sent a separate e-mail with the UBP as an amenity. I was not expecting the AARP discount and though it wasn't much was definitely a pleasant surprise :)

Honestly I cannot thank the OP and the other members of this board for posting these things. I saved close to $1,000 in the last 2 days with this posting and the "price drop" posting. I look...but not often enough to catch these deals. So a great BIG thank you to you all!!!!

I rebooked two cruises yesterday to utilize the freestyle (UBP) promotion. I was able to save $300 on my Escape cruise by using the AARP promo and I have free drinks now. (Same cabin). Great deal!! My other cruise cost me $100 more but worth it since I had the free drinks - but no AARP help.

Thank you - I just called and changed my reservation and it included the AARP discount and added UDP, UBP and $300 OBC at the same rate I booked at 4 months ago.

We are in a Haven PH on the Getaway in April 2016. NCL did say that AARP is not combinable on all Itineraries so I just happened to get lucky.

Thank you OP for starting this thread!!:D

Glad to hear that I was able to help some folks save some money. We were able to re-book two cruises using the freestyle choice and AARP discount. Also, booked a new cruise for January 2017 (750 days away, but who is counting).

Today they are not combinable online but the AARP special page says they are. Those that go the combinable did you just call? Or has anyone booked a new one using both?

I called my PCC yesterday. It was not for a new cruise. They are definitely combinable now. If you are having problems booking on line, just call them.

Edited by Turtles06

I just wanted to note, it's also combinable now with sailings that have Latitude reduced fares as well. However, you won't get the Latitute OBC. I booked during the week of Xmas originally. I called up last week and rebooked and saved $100. It's not a lot but money is still money :D

I just booked the Escape yesterday with a third party website and was able to book a Haven Spa Suite, AARP pricing, got the UBP, UDP and $300 OBC *AND* the third party TA added an additional $100 OBC AND free pre paid gratuities!! SCORE... Thank you to my husband for the AARP discount - we saved about another $200 total but I love it lol...

Thank you SO much OP and all of the others that responded!

I was able to save $452.86 on each cabin and still keep my cabins and the three some and the $300 OBC per cabin!

A savings of $902.72!!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Edited by js