Royally Confused!!!

DW really really wants to do the cupcake class with DD (3.5 year old). on Oasis next week. Seen pictures and posts of Parents and kids doing it in the same class.

So today I log into cruise planner and for first time. Voila pre-book cup cake available. Odd thing is tones of everything on the site repeats itself 4-5 times...OK

So I go to book the kids class. Only available 3 days an only at 5pm?

Adult class is available 3 days but 1,2,3!

Try to book kids class only accepts my DD, try to book Adult class only accepts DW. What is going on?

Call Royal and sure enough same issue. He says I agree, but that is what is in the system. I saying "But I see pictures online with Kids and Parents doing the class together"

Plus, is it me, why are the good 3 times adult only?

Can I get some help? Am I crazy, I'm watching the Royal promo for the class and it has a Grandmother and child together?

Any recent Oasis experiences, on how to book it? Or is it now just a child or Adult class and not family classes anymore. That seems so dumb, would be a nice thing for family activity.

Edited by Duke Mazer

If you miss it, you will have saved a bunch of $$$. Make cupcakes at home and decorate....this is NOT worthy of a class!!!

And this is NOT worthy of a post.

If it's something a person wants to do, it's their choice to spend the money.

OP, like someone else said, check once you are on board.

Edited by iheartbda

They do have a minimum age if you try to book on board but online will accept any child. I think minimum age is five from memory. This is a kids class where parents are expected to stand back. There isn't a great deal of room around the table but enough to get in and lend an occasional hand.

And the best thing about letting my young child free with frosting - wasn't my kitchen to clean up after. I'd pay the money for that.

My DS has enjoyed this class every time.

This is a kids class where parents are expected to stand back. There isn't a great deal of room around the table but enough to get in and lend an occasional hand

Exactly. You enroll your child, and you go along to enjoy the experience, take photos, and help if needed. Sure, it's pricey, but I've done it on Allure and Freedom (adult class) and had a ball.

I did this class with our 5 year old grandson on Freedom. You pay for the child and then as the parent/grandparent, you can stand behind the child & interact with them. It was an ok class, but not sure it was worth the $15.

Sherri:)