Princess Transfer, when will PU be with 6am arrival?

land lover

Next Sunday we are arriving at IAH at 6am, "princess air" ....for a cruise that day out of Bayport, has anyone had experience with Princess and this early of a transfer? I am assuming we will be waiting as princess told me but would appreciate some input from an experienced traveler. L:)ri

IME, the first transfer was at noon. Maybe you'll be lucky and get one sooner. You just never know for sure when the buses will show up and when they will leave for the port. I've walked on a Princess bus and left within 5 mins. and other times, sat there waiting for the bus to fill up for 90 mins.

It will also depend on how many people are booked at a similar itinerary. If they know lots of people are coming in early, they will be there a bit earlier, if everyone else is arriving at 1 PM....

Also, assume that they will not have anything that will get you to the port earlier than 1 hour to scheduled boarding, as they generally don't want people there earlier.

Next Sunday we are arriving at IAH at 6am, "princess air" ....for a cruise that day out of Bayport, has anyone had experience with Princess and this early of a transfer? I am assuming we will be waiting as princess told me but would appreciate some input from an experienced traveler. L:)ri

I don't what they would do for a 6:00 am arrival. They should give you specific instructions as to what to do (pick up luggage and meet representative by the baggage carousel. They may tell you do do that at 10:00 am.

But, there should be instructions.

We took a cruise out of Houston in Nov of '13. This was the first cruise out of there. We got into the airport sometime after 10:30. We were staying at a Princess hotel before the cruise. We were greeted and introduced to our driver "John" who led us to a big black SUV. We had this private car and driver from the airport to the hotel.

The next day,, of course, there were many people at the hotel. They were broken up into an early crowd and a later crowd. for that we were on buses.

News flash from princess!!! They have actually addressed my concern, with information they have recently added to the reps notes at princess.

Flights arriving between 6-8am at IAH will be met by a rep and have the option to take the train to the Marriott and pick up the transfer there, otherwise they can wait for a 10 am transfer.

Those that do not have princess air will have to wait until 11:30 at terminal C. I am sure it will be a mix and match thing......so we will see if doing princess air, gives us a jump on the 11:30 crowd.

But thought I would relate what I learned I will post what our experience was when we return.

Edited by land lover

I don't what they would do for a 6:00 am arrival. They should give you specific instructions as to what to do (pick up luggage and meet representative by the baggage carousel. They may tell you do do that at 10:00 am.

But, there should be instructions.

We took a cruise out of Houston in Nov of '13. This was the first cruise out of there. We got into the airport sometime after 10:30. We were staying at a Princess hotel before the cruise. We were greeted and introduced to our driver "John" who led us to a big black SUV. We had this private car and driver from the airport to the hotel.

The next day,, of course, there were many people at the hotel. They were broken up into an early crowd and a later crowd. for that we were on buses.

No instructions given to me, on line, I had to call and ask the questions. It would be confusing for the first time cruiser, but then again , they might be waiting for us at baggage claim , especially if there is group coming in from LAX.

Edited by land lover

Every time I have used a Princess transfer to a pier or a Princess hotel, I have been met in the baggage claim area by a Princess rep. Retrieve your luggage and then just look for someone (They've always been females when I have done this) holding a clipboard that says Princess Cruises on it. Your name and arrival info will be on the list that she has. Just introduce yourself to her, and she will tell you what the next step will be.