excursions in belize city

Hi...this is our first cruise, so we are planning on paying more for peace of mind and going with rc excursions. However in belize, my kids want to go ziplining and cave tubing and royal doesn't offer it. I'm already nervous about the whole tendering and getting off fast issue so I want a reliable independent. I've narrowed down to action boys or cavetubing.bz. anyone heard of these and can advise me? Would appreciate any help at all!

.bz has a lot of great reviews! we went a few yrs back through shoretripsDOTcom-who uses VIV. i booked directly with viv for this march since they were so great last time. i do not know about action boys.

ps-you can go to the belize port page for more posts/reviews

Edited by bellabaloo

We were just in Belize last week on Vision of the Seas. We couldn't get the Lamanai tour we wanted through RC so we booked with an outside group who has good reviews. I was very nervous because it's such a long excursion and the tendering situation. Turns out it wasn't a problem at all for us. The tour guy said to get off on the first available tender. So I made sure to hit the Windjammer for breakfast as soon as they opened and then went straight to the line for tender tickets. They said they would start handing out tickets at 7. I was the fifth person in line at 6:40ish. You only need one person from your group to get in line for the tender tickets. Once I had our tickets the rest of the group was done with breakfast and we went to the centrum to wait for them to call our number. We saw them taking those who had RC tours and then they came in and said they had extra space on that tender and if we had a tender ticket already we could go. We jumped up and got right on the tender and right to shore. Our tour guide was well aware of the last tender time and got us back in plenty of time. It was a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used bz last year. It was great. Going outside the port gates is a little unnerving but simply turn right and look for the yellow shirts. Jonathan and Nadi were our guides and the trip was great. We went with children 16, 13, and 8 and they had a great time also. I would use them again with no question. Lunch and rum punch we good also.

We were on Vision to Belize for New Years which was sold out. Similarly we used cavetubing.bz and had a great trip. Added bonus, did not have to carry the tubes for half an hour hike, like the Royal excursion. Also got in line for tender tickets a little before 7 am was on first Tender after the first couple for the Royal excursions. This is not a big deal as the tenders come from shore and are large and fast. We were able to have breakfast.

The trip went smooth, despite AM rain, and we were back to ship with over an hour to spare. Zip lining was 7 platforms, and a lot of fun, better than cave-tubing portion in my opinion. Overall a good route.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always use cavetubing.bz. I think it's the highest rated cave tubing in Trip Advisor. Vitaleno Ryes, the owner, is extremely responsive. We had a nice nature walk and you could taste termites, see a tarantula, tastes leaves, then a leisurely float down the river. After which you go to Vitaleno's family restaurant for stewed chicken, rice, beans and beverages. You do NOT have to carry your own tubes and the tubes are new and nice. Highly recommended.

In any event, you will really like the zip line and cave tubing. We did it a couple of years ago and it was very cool. Downside is it's a pretty long bus ride there, but well worth it. I think ours included a lunch, which was nice since it was a pretty full day.

We did this on the Mariner of the Seas, so I assume it's now sold out for you?

BC is not the pretty place, but you are out of town fairly quick so just close your eyes.

In February 2014 we used Cave-Tubing.com and had a great experience. We chose to do the ATV and cave tubing but many others did the zipline and cave tubing. Definitely take the previous poster's advice and get in line for your tender ticket as early as possible. Then you should have no problem. Our tour operator met us at the pier for a 10:15 a.m. departure, and got us back in plenty of time for the "all aboard" deadline.