Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

I'm very sorry but I have no info on Musica at all.

Pete

Thank you, Pete, for answering my question, even if it's negative. Your help is much appreciated. I admire people like you who are helpful to total strangers.

Sorry it was supposed to put a period not type period. Also I thought you should know we're going to be on the seaside. Thank you

If you are asking about seaside 11194, then I have no info on sizes and looking at the deck plans it is on the starboard side, six cabins away from the rear end of the hump on which it is situated. A pretty good location IMHO.

It looks to be a standard size, from the deck plans

If you are asking about seaside 11194, then I have no info on sizes and looking at the deck plans it is on the starboard side, six cabins away from the rear end of the hump on which it is situated. A pretty good location IMHO.

It looks to be a standard size, from the deck plans

Thank you so much!

Hi, Pete.

Our friend booked our trip with a TA & we were assigned balconies 10015 & 10013 on Fantasia. From your info, I see these are steel hull balconies.

As of last week, the Fantastica balconies were sold out but I see some today opened up.

10223 & 10225 and also 10218 - 10224.

Would you recommend these over the balconies assigned?

Thanks for your insight.

Hi, Pete.

Our friend booked our trip with a TA & we were assigned balconies 10015 & 10013 on Fantasia. From your info, I see these are steel hull balconies.

As of last week, the Fantastica balconies were sold out but I see some today opened up.

10223 & 10225 and also 10218 - 10224.

Would you recommend these over the balconies assigned?

Thanks for your insight.

Any of the cabins you say are now open are better than 10013/15 and they are all pretty much the same in nice locations

We were able to move to 10218 & 10220. Thanks for your help!

here's an image of where your cabins are, I had hoped to post it last night by my image hosting site wouldn't perform any uploads.

still it's here now.

10220 is between the two balconies 10218 and 10224 shown in the picture

fantasia%2010218%2010224.jpg

Perfect! I think this will provide a much nicer view.

I realized we were in a steel hull balcony after reading your posts & after the sailing was listed as sold out for Fantastic balconies. Glad some opened up.

Hi Would you happen to have a photo to show where room 12015 is on MSC Divina ?

Hi from S Wales (Caerphilly, but I'm an English incomer)

Here you go

12015.jpg

the balcony is half Plexiglas half metal

similar to this image

maxresdefault_1.jpg

Hope this is what you wanted

Pete

Pete,

I'm hoping you can help with your extensive knowledge of rooms...getting ready to book the Divina in May. Have to choose between Fantastica OV or Bella Balcony, both guaranteed cabins. Price difference is app. $400 after considering the free drinks with the OV category. I'm seeing folks are getting upgrades and am worried that would put my 'GTY' room as one of those in the undesirable places, but on the flip side would it be possible to get upgraded from OV and save the money? Which would you go with? It's a college graduation gift for my daughter and she would like a balcony if possible. I really appreciate any suggestions you have!!

Pete,

I'm hoping you can help with your extensive knowledge of rooms...getting ready to book the Divina in May. Have to choose between Fantastica OV or Bella Balcony, both guaranteed cabins. Price difference is app. $400 after considering the free drinks with the OV category. I'm seeing folks are getting upgrades and am worried that would put my 'GTY' room as one of those in the undesirable places, but on the flip side would it be possible to get upgraded from OV and save the money? Which would you go with? It's a college graduation gift for my daughter and she would like a balcony if possible. I really appreciate any suggestions you have!!

It's a bit of a numbers game.

I'll break down the cabins into sub-types

Fantastica OV

A) standard size 184sq.ft.:- total number (42); 16 on deck 5; 26 on deck 8

B) small size 150sq.ft:- total number (16);16 on deck 8

grand total:- 58

Bella Balcony

A) Standard size 192sq ft with metal balcony:- Deck 8 front hump 36; rear hump 4; total 40

B) Standard size 192sq ft with view of top of a lifeboat :-Deck 8 front recess 62; rear recess 16; total 78

C) Standard size 192sq ft good location:- deck 8 rear hump 24; deck 8 stern 4; total 28

D) Standard size 192sq ft with limited field of view: deck 9 rear recess 4

E) Small size 148 sq.ft. (all on the central hump); 28 on each of deck 9. 10 and 11; total 84

F) Standard size 192sq ft with Juliette balcony; 9 on stern of deck 13

grand total; 243.

So the chances of a GTY giving the best in category are

Bella Balcony = 11%

Fantastica OV = 72%

Having said that the chances of a "good" Bella balcony are probably 0% as they will all be snapped up by people booking that specific type.

So you have to accept that a balcony GTY will not be best in category.

All the above numbers do not include "H" (special needs ) cabins.

The two likely outcomes for a balcony are either "B" or "E"

The view from "B" is only limited downwards and so is not too bad, whilst the drawback for "E" is the lack of a seating area in the cabin.

IMHO I would book a balcony over OV every time.

And as this is a special event I would certainly go for the balcony, knowing there are limitations with the Bella.

Here are a few images to help you.

Metal balcony

deck%208%20steel%20balvony%208011.jpg

Lifeboat view

dedck%208%20balcony.jpg

Standard balcony

P1020627.jpg

Small balcony (count the planks and compare with standard)

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12.jpg

Juliette

Deck13_aft.jpg

Anything is possible on the upgrade front, but only the cabin is an upgrade not the exprience

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete,

Hope you enjoyed your skiing vacation. Many years ago we did downhill skiing but not now (age and physical problems).

Hope you can give me some info on cabin 15025 on the MSC Poesia - it is an accessible cabin (I have a mobility scooter). We were told it is 317 square feet but not sure if that includes the balcony? Just need space for my scooter in the cabin and want to be able to move around. Hoping there is a loveseat and a chair?

We booked the Aurea experience.

Can't quite figure out what it is next to - open area = maybe a deck to sit out on a lounger?

Your thoughts please and thank you.

Wendy

Hi Pete,

Hope you enjoyed your skiing vacation. Many years ago we did downhill skiing but not now (age and physical problems).

Hope you can give me some info on cabin 15025 on the MSC Poesia - it is an accessible cabin (I have a mobility scooter). We were told it is 317 square feet but not sure if that includes the balcony? Just need space for my scooter in the cabin and want to be able to move around. Hoping there is a loveseat and a chair?

We booked the Aurea experience.

Can't quite figure out what it is next to - open area = maybe a deck to sit out on a lounger?

Your thoughts please and thank you.

Wendy

YES it is an "H" or accessible cabin and I would expect the sq. ft. to be correct

With Aurea you can sit out on the exclusive "Top 16" deck

I believe what is next to the cabin is an entrance foyer and outside an area of covered deck; maybe where they put the ping pong table.

Pete

YES it is an "H" or accessible cabin and I would expect the sq. ft. to be correct

With Aurea you can sit out on the exclusive "Top 16" deck

I believe what is next to the cabin is an entrance foyer and outside an area of covered deck; maybe where they put the ping pong table.

Pete

Do you know where I might find a picture of the inside of the cabin? I am hoping there will be a sofa or loveseat? Also, not sure I want to be beside an area with a ping pong table that could be very noisy during the day. We would hear the noise while sitting on our balcony. Hope there is no ping pong table there.

Do you know where I might find a picture of the inside of the cabin? I am hoping there will be a sofa or loveseat? Also, not sure I want to be beside an area with a ping pong table that could be very noisy during the day. We would hear the noise while sitting on our balcony. Hope there is no ping pong table there.

I can't find a picture of a YC accessible cabin but have found a picture of a balcony accessible cabin.

MSC1014037_Fa_balcony_530x280_tcm14-47277_tcm39-55937.jpg

I don't think you will get much noise from ping pong on your balcony as there is a wall between you and the area as well as a roof over it.

Pete

Thanks for the help Pete! I decided to splurge a little more and go with a F-Balcony #10255. Looks like it'll be a long hike to the front but we'll be near the food. You don't have any pics of this set up do you? You're a great asset to this community!!

Thanks for the help Pete! I decided to splurge a little more and go with a F-Balcony #10255. Looks like it'll be a long hike to the front but we'll be near the food. You don't have any pics of this set up do you? You're a great asset to this community!!

It's just a standard balcony in a good location; no lifeboats blocking the view and no worries about the deck 14 overhang.

I've lifted the image from the MSC web site so it's a typical view of a standard balcony

msc-divina_balcony-cabin_7334_1139_459-258_Image.jpg

and here's another one I've found

maxresdefault.jpg

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Pete. Good to hear you are back safe and sound from your ski vac.

Question Divina cabin 16013? Any pictures or info you may share?

Thanks.

16013 will be almost exactly the same as the cabin In had (15013)

so here are some pictures of my cabin

from the balcony

P1020616-2.jpg

from the door end

P1020617.jpg

the walk-in closet

P1020618.jpg

bathroom

P1020620.jpg

P1020620.jpg

the all important mini-bar

P1020623.jpg

Pete

the balcony

P1020628.jpg

You are lucky in that 16013 is the first of the deck 16 cabins (YC1) to have an all glass balcony. 16011 and 16009 have metal barriers

the balcony is 61 sq. ft. and I believe that the cabin is a total of 210 sq. ft.

Edited by Skier52