Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Thanks Pete. I expected as much ... but for the LOW price we paid .... I don't even care!!! I'm sure some people paid even more for an inside. So ... as long as it's got a bathroom' date=' bed and fresh air ... we're good!

dd's mom

Anyone else working on getting clothes ready to pack? I'm ironing and folding today. (Will be too busy next weekend and we plan to leave home on Monday (driving to Miami).[/quote']

What a fantastic outlook on life. I'm sure you'll enjoy the cruise, so have a good one

Here's where your cabin is

9173.jpg

and this is what it will look like

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12.jpg

For comparison here is a standard balcony

you can count the immitation planks to get an idea of the relative sizes

your cabin 5 planks plus 2 narrow edges

Standard cabin 6 planks plus 2 wider edges

Not much in it really. both are functional

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

Pete

Hi skier52 reading you comments on 10028, we are on the preziosa in May in 9026 and I was worried it would not have a plexi glass balcony. What do you mean when you say around the area where the steel changed to plexi glass? I rang msc this week and asked about the balcony and the answer was if there are no comments on the Internet the room must be okay. She also said the only restricted balconies were on deck 8. Your advice would be very helpful

Hi skier52 reading you comments on 10028, we are on the preziosa in May in 9026 and I was worried it would not have a plexi glass balcony. What do you mean when you say around the area where the steel changed to plexi glass? I rang msc this week and asked about the balcony and the answer was if there are no comments on the Internet the room must be okay. She also said the only restricted balconies were on deck 8. Your advice would be very helpful

Your advice from MSC is RUBBISH they know nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the balconies on deck 9 on the forward hump on Preziosa (and Divina for that matter, but not Splendida or Fantasia) this includes ALL balcony cabins within the range 9011- 9084 have steel surrounds on the balcony.

NONE have plexiglass

I've labelled all the decks for you.

NOTE;- THERE IS NO DECK 17 ON THE SHIP (it is not an error on my part)

Deck 9 forward hump outlined in red

Feel free to download the image and email it to the MSC ofice in your region

Pete

preziosa%20deck%209.jpg

your balcony will look like this

Image courtesy of cruisetrail

balconyinhull.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Skier52, thank you for the detailed response.

We checked with MSC UK and could only swap to a disabled cabin and DH didn't want that.

I can go back to following preziosa's loop around the Mediterranean, and think 3 weeks from today we will be civitavecchia.

Skier52, thank you for the detailed response.

We checked with MSC UK and could only swap to a disabled cabin and DH didn't want that.

I can go back to following preziosa's loop around the Mediterranean, and think 3 weeks from today we will be civitavecchia.

That's a shame DH wouldn't swap as the size of the cabin and especially the balcony make them attractive.

Pete

Pete

I know on here a disabled cabin is considered a bonus.

We stayed in a disabled room at Trump in Las Vegas and the room was very carefully thought through for a wheelchair.

we found the modifications got in our way and made me appreciate how much we take for granted that a person in a wheelchair cannot reach.

I'd love to know something about our room, 10181 on the MSC Preziosa, on a Med cruise this summer. I'm picturing a lovely view of the whole Italian coastline while we head south, and of Spain as we head north. But I have no idea if I'll just be looking at a lifeboat, and the MSC agent isn't telling. Can you help, Pete? Thanks!

Edited by anchors away 15

I'd love to know something about our room, 10181 on the MSC Preziosa, on a Med cruise this summer. I'm picturing a lovely view of the whole Italian coastline while we head south, and of Spain as we head north. But I have no idea if I'll just be looking at a lifeboat, and the MSC agent isn't telling. Can you help, Pete? Thanks!

Your wish is granted. Lovely views to the sides , looking down you'll see part of a lifeboat , but nothing to worry about; plenty of cabins have the view of a top of a lifeboat when looking down. it's some of the cabins on deck 8 which have their field of view limited by a lifeboat.

Here's where your cabin is

10181%20preziosa.jpg

Have a great cruise and enjoy the views, though as the ship moves mostly at night i suspect that what you see will be twinkling lights and the flashes of ligthouses.

Pete

Pete,

You are a wealth of information on MSC Cabins, thank you so much for sharing your information with first time MSC cruisers like myself. We are booked on the Divina in January in Cabin 9085. From deck plans, it looks to be a huge balcony. Any other info or pictures from the expert.

Thanks in advance

Pete,

You are a wealth of information on MSC Cabins, thank you so much for sharing your information with first time MSC cruisers like myself. We are booked on the Divina in January in Cabin 9085. From deck plans, it looks to be a huge balcony. Any other info or pictures from the expert.

Thanks in advance

It is 192 sq ft (living area 168; bathroom 24) and the balcony is 124 sq ft

Here is an image of what to expect from your balcony

It does of course only have a 90 degree field of view backwards along the ship

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

All of the information has been amazing, Pete! Do you have any thoughts on Divina 11139?

Nice position midships, decent views forward and aft although slightly less than a full 180 degrees but absolutely nothing to worry about

Will be affected occassionally by the shadow of deck 14 but only when the sun is really high.

It is connected to 11135 so may be affected by a some noise from there.

Cabins above , below , both sides and opposite so no "white space" to worrry about.

I'd have no worries about staying in that cabin but would prefer not to have it connected. I have been in connected cabins and not had any significant noise problems.

Pete

PS a standard 192 sq ft cabin (168 living area ; 24 bathroom) with 42 sq ft balcony

Edited by Skier52

Nice position midships, decent views forward and aft although slightly less than a full 180 degrees but absolutely nothing to worry about

Will be affected occassionally by the shadow of deck 14 but only when the sun is really high.

It is connected to 11135 so may be affected by a some noise from there.

Cabins above , below , both sides and opposite so no "white space" to worrry about.

I'd have no worries about staying in that cabin but would prefer not to have it connected. I have been in connected cabins and not had any significant noise problems.

Pete

PS a standard 192 sq ft cabin (168 living area ; 24 bathroom) with 42 sq ft balcony

Much appreciated Pete! Paid for a Bella interior and the upgrade fairy was very generous! :D:D

I've got a cabin request also, we are sailing out on the llirica cabin 10095 if you could dig up a pic that would be great!!

Couldn't find much info on this ship, found a deck plan but not sure if this is a good spot or a noisey one. As i've found some noise complaints in my searching.

Thanks

I've got a cabin request also, we are sailing out on the llirica cabin 10095 if you could dig up a pic that would be great!!

Couldn't find much info on this ship, found a deck plan but not sure if this is a good spot or a noisey one. As i've found some noise complaints in my searching.

Thanks

My answer is assuming you are on the ship before August as from 31 Aug to 9 Nov she is being stretched and refitted and I can't find a deck plan for after then.

As you have a balcony suite on deck 10 you are bound to have overhead noise , unless you were in one of the front cabins which are below the spa. your cabin is below the open air caferteria and I would expect there to be early morning overhead noise as the crew move tables and chairs when getting ready for the early risers having breakfast al fresco, along with footfall from early bird guests.

I recently had this type of cabin on deck 12 on both Opera and Sinfonia and even there on deck 12 we had overhead noise from crew setting up deck chairs. i'm afraid the overhead noise comes with the territory of a balcony suite on this class of ship.

The other point is it is across the corridor from the central "white space" which houses the exhausts en route up to the funnel. I have no exprience as to whether this generates noise, but at least it isn't a crew stairwell which can be the source of noise as crew move about the ship.

I've included the position of your cabin from the outside of the ship plus some photos I took myself of the same type of cabin ( 248 sq ft with a 52 sq ft balcony) that I had on OPERA and SINFONIA recently. I hope they give you an idea of what they look like.

lirica.jpg

CABIN ON OPERA

P1030636.jpg

THE CABIN ON SINFONIA

P1040368.jpg

P1040341.jpg

THE BALCONY ON OPERA

P1030667.jpg

tHE WALKIN WARDROBE

P1030642.jpg

Edited by Skier52

THE BATHROOM

P1030645.jpg

P1030646.jpg

Where the safe is behind the mirror

P1040366.jpg

P1040367.jpg

THE CABIN FOOTPRINT

operacat11.jpg

LINKS TO MY REVIEWS

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=6463

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=9372

Pete

Edited by Skier52

THE BATHROOM

P1030645.jpg

P1030646.jpg

Where the safe is behind the mirror

P1040366.jpg

P1040367.jpg

THE CABIN FOOTPRINT

operacat11.jpg

LINKS TO MY REVIEWS

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=6463

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=9372

Pete

thanks pete this was the most info on lirica i have read , and yes this is before the streching of the ship. ill report back on how the noise was.

thanks!!!

Hello, do you have info. on room 8113, Preziosa ship. Thanks for your help.

It's a standard cabin of 192 sq ft (168 livng area and 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq ft balcony.

The views left and right are a little less than 180 degrees, nothing to worry about on that score, as it is in the recess between the front and middle humps.

My understanding it is one of the few cabins, other than suites, to be equipped with a bath.

That was the good news.

Now for the other news. YES it is a balcony cabin but the views straight out and down are limited by a lifeboat

Here is an image courtesy of cruisetrail of what your view is likely to be

4_zps8c88fd54.jpg

Pete

Thanks for the information Skier. Now I have a choice of 8130, 8131, 8144, 8145. Are alll the cabins all deck 8 have the same problem with the lifeboat in front?

all the cabins you have listed have a problem with lifeboats as they are in the recessed area , in fact some cabins have different lifeboats on higher davits in front of them.

It's very hard to determine which cabins are affected by the higher davits as many images of the ships are mislabelled, some of the official MSC photos of "Divina" are in fact Splendida or Fantasia. they are easy to tell apart from Divina and Presioza

8144 is up against a hump wall and is odd in that it rotated through 90 degree, is squarer in shape and has is slightly less sq ft , but for all that it has a bigger balcony, i think it can only be set up as a twin because of the position of the balcony doors, but don't quote me on that.

8145 is tucked right up against a big hump wall so only has views in one direction.

cabins with an odd number greater than 8147 have no lifeboats , the same for even numbers greater than 8170, so no problems at all.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Originally we had cabin 10086 but I checked the deck plan and thought it is too far in the back so I asked the agent to change. Now the new assigned cabin I don't like it at all. I just emailed the agent and asked her to look for the cabin number as you suggested. Thanks so much for your help.

Originally we had cabin 10086 but I checked the deck plan and thought it is too far in the back so I asked the agent to change. Now the new assigned cabin I don't like it at all. I just emailed the agent and asked her to look for the cabin number as you suggested. Thanks so much for your help.

the web site I looked at earlier for the cabin numbers gave me the WRONG ship. It gave me POESIA and not PREZIOSA.

the deck 8 cabins on PREZIOSA with no life boats are actually:-

ODD numbers 8231 or greater and even numbers 8226 or greater

avoid 8213- 8229 (ODDS) and 8210 - 8224 (EVENS) in the very deep rear recess

8007 - 8071 (ODD) and 8008 - 8070 (EVEN) have METAL balconies

The only sure thing is to go up a catagory and on to deck 9 but avoid the front hump as they are all METAL balconies.

I'm very sorry about the misinformation but i was let down by technology.

I have physical deck plans for 7 of the fleet but not Preziosa which is why I was caught out.

Pete

Edited by Skier52