Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Pete,

You helped me out by letting me know that 12219 was a small balcony cabin. I was able to change to 13065 that I believe is a standard size cabin with a sofa and a standard 42 sq ft balcony. It looks like it has an overhang from 14th deck, but that isn't all bad if you look for a shady place to read. Did I make a good switch?

The switch is good if you are a shade lover ,which is what I am and you suggest you are.

Here is a view of where the cabin is and how much the overhang juts out and you can see how the shadow affects the balcony.

I would not have any problems booking this cabin

13065%20divina.jpg

Pete

• 2 months later...

Skier

Will be on MSC Opera March 1st, our cabin is 8008, I saw the location, however I'm not convinced of this location, what can we do to have a better location. Unable to send MSC Opera e-mail because it's a cruise from Cuba our cruise number is not recognized in their system. Can you please help us, going to celebrate my big 60 this year. From Canada

Skier

Will be on MSC Opera March 1st, our cabin is 8008, I saw the location, however I'm not convinced of this location, what can we do to have a better location. Unable to send MSC Opera e-mail because it's a cruise from Cuba our cruise number is not recognized in their system. Can you please help us, going to celebrate my big 60 this year. From Canada

I wonder if you are looking at a deck plan in use before she was stretched, in which case it will show your cabin above the Caruso lounge. This lounge has now been replaced by new cabins so cabin 8008 now has cabins above, below and to either side. The only problem that people perceive is that cabins in the forward section of the ship are prone to movement in heavy seas. This to some extent is negated by being on a relatively low deck. Higher decks have more movement than lower decks.

The cabin you've booked comes with the Bella experience so you are limited to a few cabins on the rear on deck 7 and about half the inside cabins on decks 8 and 9.

What is it you particularly worry about with this location?

The only real way is to phone the USA MSC office, which is in the same region as your Canadian office and with a deck plan available to refer to, ask them which cabins are still available.

The alternative is to upgrade to a Fantasica cabin but that may/will require additional expense.

Pete

Skier52

Thank you for your quick response ! I called twice already USA office they are the one telling me that they don't manage Cuba cruises therefore my booking is not in their system.

Any email address beside the one in the states that I could send my request?

Any thoughts on 10056? (Divina) THANK U!

Yes. my thoughts

Very Nice Location. Uninterrupted views; Plexiglas balcony; standard balcony size 192 sq. ft. with a balcony of 42 sq. ft.

Handy for the theatre and as a consequence a bit of a hike to the MDR , there has to be a bit of a hike to somewhere just because the ship is so long.

Who could want more from a Fantastica experience cabin

Pete

Skier52

Thank you for your quick response ! I called twice already USA office they are the one telling me that they don't manage Cuba cruises therefore my booking is not in their system.

Any email address beside the one in the states that I could send my request?

I would try the links on this site

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Homepage.aspx?select=Canada

or this one

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Contact/Contact-Us.aspx

Pete

Another room question for you. We are currently booked on Divina in 12239. We know that it is a more "shaded" balcony which is what we were looking for, but how much does 12241 & 12243 affect the view? I assume that this is one of the smaller balcony cabins.

We may also have to change to Sept. There currently is no cruises shown from Sept. 17 to Oct. 3. Any idea if this is dry dock or charter? Thanks for your help.

Another room question for you. We are currently booked on Divina in 12239. We know that it is a more "shaded" balcony which is what we were looking for, but how much does 12241 & 12243 affect the view? I assume that this is one of the smaller balcony cabins.

We may also have to change to Sept. There currently is no cruises shown from Sept. 17 to Oct. 3. Any idea if this is dry dock or charter? Thanks for your help.

12239 is NOT a smaller balcony it is a standard size.

the view will not be affected by either of the two other balconies you mention.

What does limit the view is the hump wall which is one boundary of the balcony you have and the hump wall of 12243. you will in fact have just about a 90 degree field of view.

I have no information about whether she is in dry dock or is on a charter cruise.

GOV.jpg

Pete

Hi Pete! Great thread!

I am doing a B2B on the Divina (first east, second west). I currently have what I think are going to be two great cabins but would like your input as well as pictures if you have them.

On the Eastern run, I have an aft-facing balcony, #10254 and on the second, #12220. I could of had both cruises with #12218, but was interested in trying an aft balcony for the first time and I am intrigued by the large balcony on 12220.

I was wondering what your thoughts might be on each of the three cabins and if it would be worthwhile or not to just switch to 12218 and avoid the baggage change.

Also, if I remain where I am can I have the steward or some other party move my luggage to the new room so I don't have to take it off and right back on again? Thank you so much!

Hi Pete! Great thread!

I am doing a B2B on the Divina (first east, second west). I currently have what I think are going to be two great cabins but would like your input as well as pictures if you have them.

On the Eastern run, I have an aft-facing balcony, #10254 and on the second, #12220. I could of had both cruises with #12218, but was interested in trying an aft balcony for the first time and I am intrigued by the large balcony on 12220.

I was wondering what your thoughts might be on each of the three cabins and if it would be worthwhile or not to just switch to 12218 and avoid the baggage change.

Also, if I remain where I am can I have the steward or some other party move my luggage to the new room so I don't have to take it off and right back on again? Thank you so much!

to start with I'll give you a picture of each balcony type.

10254 118 sq. ft.

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

12220 124 sq. ft.

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

12218 90 sq. ft.

balconysecondbigggestcorner.jpg

If it were me I'd have the aft balcony, with its great views aft, and then move to 12218.

Moving is relatively easy if you insist that they move the actual drawers, and don't unpack them, same for stuff on hangers, move the items on their hangers.

If you go for 12220, you get a very large balcony which only looks forward but will probably have some of the area in shade and some in sunshine, which I think would be an advantage, if like me and my DW where one likes shade and the other is a sun worshipper.

And of course there would be no upheaval on change over day and leave you free to enjoy the port you are in and not be waiting around for the crew to move your stuff.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both options

Pete

Edited by Skier52

to start with I'll give you a picture of each balcony type.

10254 118 sq. ft.

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

12220 124 sq. ft.

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

12218 90 sq. ft.

balconysecondbigggestcorner.jpg

If it were me I'd have the aft balcony, with its great views aft, and then move to 12218.

Moving is relatively easy if you insist that they move the actual drawers, and don't unpack them, same for stuff on hangers, move the items on their hangers.

If you go for 12220, you get a very large balcony which only looks forward but will probably have some of the area in shade and some in sunshine, which I think would be an advantage, if like me and my DW where one likes shade and the other is a sun worshipper.

And of course there would be no upheaval on change over day and leave you free to enjoy the port you are in and not be waiting around for the crew to move your stuff.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both options

Pete

Thanks Pete, the only remaining question for me is why you would pick 12218 over 12220 the second week?

Edited by vicocala

Thanks Pete, the only remaining question for me is why you would pick 12218 over 12220 the second week?

I misread your original question

I thought it was either 10254 + 12218 , or

12220 for the two weeks

I would go for 12220 for the second week

Pete

Hi Pete you have been really helpful re cabin sizes and positions, could you give me your thoughts on cabin 9105 on Preziosa. We won this cruise, our first with MSC, and are very excited.

Firstly may I congratulate you on your good fortune. What a lovely prize to win.

Assuming the cabin sizes are the same on Divina as on Preziosa your cabin will be 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a balcony of 42 sq. ft.

It has a connecting door to 9107, which I always remind people may be a source of noise.

I recently read that conversations could clearly be heard through a connecting door, then again, another post said that although there was a family next door , with two small children, no noise problems occurred.

So it's down to the luck of the draw as to whether you have considerate neighbours or not.

You are close to a bank of lifts which is good for access to the public areas in the front half of the ship.

It is situated near the centre of the forward recessed area of the ship so should have reasonable views , but not the full 180 degrees some cabins have and it is unaffected by the deck 14 overhang.

In short a good, but not great, cabin which is a fabulous prize.

This is an image of where it is

preziosa%209105.jpg

Hoping I can sneak a quick inquiry in before you go skiing Pete.

We have booked Divina 11261 in April, it is the first cabin on the rear bump out.

Anything of note about it ?

Thanks.

Yes it's a smashing place to be. close to a bank of lifts for easy access to the MDRs.

Of course it is the standard size 192 sq. ft. with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

Have great cruise

Pete

Hi Pete! I have sailed Divina 5 times but always in Yacht Club; however, I absolutely could NOT pass up the 2 for 1 balcony sale. I am booked in 10271 aft corner Divina in August for a ridiculously low price...hence forgoing Yacht Club this time! Can you give me any insight on the cabin? Thanks so much!

Kathie