Norwegian Pearl Renovations

ggooglyboogly

Hey everyone - boarding the Pearl in a little over the month and have read that some changes have taken place on board.

These haven't been well publicized by NCL and I was wondering if the changes are still underway or what?

So far, I've heard Moderno has been moved to the old Star Bar location and the Sugarcane mojito bar has been added, and O'Sheehans has taken the place of Blue Lagoon.

Can any recent Pearl cruises give me an update? Or even better, post pictures of the new space?

Thanks!

I think it is a shame that they decided to remove the Star Bar. That wash favorite place for a cocktail in the evening anytime I was on a Jewel class ship. On the Epic last year and missed the atmosphere of the Star Bar. Oh well.

Hey everyone - boarding the Pearl in a little over the month and have read that some changes have taken place on board.

These haven't been well publicized by NCL and I was wondering if the changes are still underway or what?

So far, I've heard Moderno has been moved to the old Star Bar location and the Sugarcane mojito bar has been added, and O'Sheehans has taken the place of Blue Lagoon.

Can any recent Pearl cruises give me an update? Or even better, post pictures of the new space?

Thanks!

Norwegian has updated deck plans for Pearl on the website, and the Moderno/Sugarcane/O'Sheehan's transformation is complete. I was on Pearl last March, and she had already been updated at that point with new signage, the touchscreen wayfinders, and the removal of the pool slide. I have sailed on Pearl more than any other ship, and I have never had a bad time. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

I think it is a shame that they decided to remove the Star Bar. That wash favorite place for a cocktail in the evening anytime I was on a Jewel class ship. On the Epic last year and missed the atmosphere of the Star Bar. Oh well.

I too love the star bar, but have to admit, I would rather have Modernos there, than where it used to be. WE are sailing the Pearl for the third time in early April.

Enjoy your cruise. It was a little odd eating breakfast in the Blue lagoon, then by lunch time the name had changed to O'Sheehan's. The menu was a little different, other than that it was the same decor and atmosphere.

Ha! I can imagine. Did they make announcements, or did it just sort of happen?

Thanks!

That's a mighty strange Avatar

• 3 weeks later...
The slides on older ships are IMO rubbish anyway, for example on Star one had to keep pushing forward with hands to reach the bottom - happened with adults as well as with smaller kids.

Agreed--my sons (8 & 11 when we sailed on Pearl) were very unimpressed--went once, never bothered a second time.

Edited by quercus alba

sailing in April..can we bring pop on board as not a Pepsi guy..

Yes, as much as you like. Especially if you are sailing during spring break season, cans are recommended (security staff in the port can open bottles to check contents).

We have never sailed NCL before..going on the Pearl in April..any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated so we can maximize our trip..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are on the April 6th sailing and haven't joined the roll call, you may want to do this: you will get a lot of helpful information from others on the same cruise. Many of us have been on the Pearl before.