Amber cove, Dominican Republic

love2traveljen

Hey all I am just wondering if any of you had booked a cruise that includes Amber Cove Dominican republic?

I see that there's no excursions available yet as I know the first ship won't dock there until October, but does anybody know when they will list the excursions? I read a bit that there will be some but it doesn't say when they will become available thanks so much

Jen

Carnival fantasy 12/27/2014

Carnival sunshine 12/27/2015

Hey all I am just wondering if any of you had booked a cruise that includes Amber Cove Dominican republic?

I see that there's no excursions available yet as I know the first ship won't dock there until October, but does anybody know when they will list the excursions? I read a bit that there will be some but it doesn't say when they will become available thanks so much

Jen

I believe Amber Cove port is on the Atlantic side near Puerto Plata? I've spent a week there and really did not care for the beach there as compared to Punta Cana. Amber Cove may also be near a SeaWorld type attraction, but I'm getting tired of seeing animals do tricks while they are pent up in cages.

DW and I will be going there February 2016 on the Valor, originally we were going to be going to Nassau, but Carnival swapped it for Amber Cove. Frankly I'm excited to see the new port and am glad to not be going back to Nassau. I don't expect excursion to by posted until April or May.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by otis30223

We are on the Fantasy 11 October cruise also. Looks like we will be the second Carnival ship to use this new port!! I've never booked an excursion through the ship, have always done my own and private tours. However as this is a new port for them I will stick with a ship offered one this time. Now to figure out which one to book... Not having reviews or the help of others who've been makes it tough lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the Breeze over Thanksgiving and it looks like we are stuck with La Romana. Guess we'll stay on the ship.:mad:

Yep, we are stuck with La Romana too...

I read that Carnival is stuck in a Contract with them through the end of January 2016.

Jen

I am 10 miles away from there now in my 2nd home next week in going to a restaurant right near the port i will look at the progress .

• 2 weeks later...

Jen

I am booked on Carnival Splendor leaving 11/8/15 for a week. It includes a stop at Amber Cove. There are many excursions listed for the stop: https://secure.carnival.com/Activities/Excursions/Booking/44794B6F79596D59667238313975634D7770664E39673D3D

Edited by MyCatMakesMeCrazy

Jen

We will be on the Sunshine leaving December 27th too :) It's so cold outside I'm looking up excursions today and was wondering the same thing!

Nice to meet you too! Yes, I am traveling with lots of kids. When we cruise mine will be 20,15,12 and 7. My 17 year old nephew and 7 year old niece are going too. Should be fun! December seems SOOOO far away! I am excited to cruise when it's colder in SC. I saw you went on the Fantasy this past year, how was the weather for you?

Edited by crusingmomof4