Tampa Rocky Point Hotels...

CruisingSnooter

Sailport and Doubletree are at one end of Rocky Point Island where the Best Western is at the other.

I have stayed at the Best Western but not the other two. The Best Western has individual balconies and a view of the Bay. The hotel is also connected to Hulk Hogan's restaurant and beach bar. This is a lively place, so if you want that type of atmosphere then this is the hotel. You can also walk over to Whisky Joe's restaurant and bar which offers some good weekend bands, a decent restaurant and a nice beach area.

The Best Western also has a nice dock area with water-toy rentals, beach volleyball and a white sandy beach type area..... this is the Bay not the Gulf so no beach surf but better than nothing.

I have driven by both the Doubletree and Sailport. They both look to be very nice hotels that overlook the Bay. I do not believe that they have a white sand beach type area but they do have a seawall and there is a water view.

These two hotels will be more subdued than the BW. The Doubletree could have more corporate type guests where the Sailport offers waterfront suites so there may be more of a mix of vacationers and corporate.

I believe that the Doubletree will have more amenities than the Sailport in terms of restaurants and such.

What hotel you select may just depend on what type of pre-cruise experience that you want. Pick the BW if you want to get a good start on the party vibe and the other two for a more quiet and relaxed atmosphere.

Sailport and Doubletree are at one end of Rocky Point Island where the Best Western is at the other.

I have stayed at the Best Western but not the other two. The Best Western has individual balconies and a view of the Bay. The hotel is also connected to Hulk Hogan's restaurant and beach bar. This is a lively place, so if you want that type of atmosphere then this is the hotel. You can also walk over to Whisky Joe's restaurant and bar which offers some good weekend bands, a decent restaurant and a nice beach area.

The Best Western also has a nice dock area with water-toy rentals, beach volleyball and a white sandy beach type area..... this is the Bay not the Gulf so no beach surf but better than nothing.

I have driven by both the Doubletree and Sailport. They both look to be very nice hotels that overlook the Bay. I do not believe that they have a white sand beach type area but they do have a seawall and there is a water view.

These two hotels will be more subdued than the BW. The Doubletree could have more corporate type guests where the Sailport offers waterfront suites so there may be more of a mix of vacationers and corporate.

I believe that the Doubletree will have more amenities than the Sailport in terms of restaurants and such.

What hotel you select may just depend on what type of pre-cruise experience that you want. Pick the BW if you want to get a good start on the party vibe and the other two for a more quiet and relaxed atmosphere.

Thanks you so much! That's really helpful!