NORWEGIAN MAJESTY to ST. GEORGES BERMUDA

debjo

Greetings to everyone...

Our trip is almost here...we've secured an wheel-chair accessible van and driver to "tour" the Bermuda islands. We've a handicapped cabin on the ship. We've got most of the "t's" crossed on the "i's" dotted. Now to our next hurdle:

We would like to take our 80 year old birthday girl (who has Multiple Schlorosis and is in a manual wheel-chair full time) on a "walking" tour of St. Georges on our own while the ship is docked there. My husband and I have been to Bermuda twice before and remember St. Georges as being rather hilly.

From your experiences, does anyone know if our hopes for a "walking" tour St. Georges pushing the wheelchair is feasible or not? We realize that this is a "historical" town and there aren't curb ramps, there are narrow bricked or cobblestone streets and sidewalks, and that few buildings have doorways wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair entry. What "sites" in St. Georges are easy to get to pushing a wheelchair?

Thanks for all your help in this matter...only 12 more days to go!

Debjo

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

PACIFIC PRINCESS-Bermuda 2002

REGAL EMPRESS-New England/Canada 2001

Archived