Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

Thank you Joe.

Glad he's still within the company somewhere.

Unless he comes back to the states I probably won't see him again.

But he and Jimmy did make a GREAT team!

He's from Jamaica so more than likely will be back in the Caribbean for his next contract.

Current Activities Manager on Radiance is Alex Green from England. He then moves to the Liberty in late May for 2 months. He was most recently Bingo Host on Grandeur and was part of the Cruise Director's Staff in the Harmony's inaugural season.

Here is his AM showreel:

Anyone had a good AM recently? I'm disappointed that we have Katy again on Symphony - didn't care for her at all on Harmony.

I find it a shame that most of the great AM's (e.g. Chris, Tino, Darryl, Erky, Frankie) are gone. A few other good AM's, such as Cuddy are now CD.

Anyone had a good AM recently? I'm disappointed that we have Katy again on Symphony - didn't care for her at all on Harmony.

I find it a shame that most of the great AM's (e.g. Chris, Tino, Darryl, Erky, Frankie) are gone. A few other good AM's, such as Cuddy are now CD.

I forgot the name of the AM we just had on Adventure 3 weeks ago, but I've seen him before and he's pretty good.

I forgot the name of the AM we just had on Adventure 3 weeks ago, but I've seen him before and he's pretty good.

Daniel Dornas was the AM. He seems to be good. Was on Rhapsody last.

There hasn't been any recent updates, so I'll step in to provide a quick update with new info which I know. Thanks, Joe

What Activity Manager have you come across? Ifyou can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with theship, it would be greatly appreciated…..EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks! Anyone who can share information about ourActivity Managers, PLEASE do so.

****Adventure OTS – Daniel Dornas will continue on AM when theship finishes her drydock until April, he has told me (Daniel is currently filling in as CD for a few weeks).

****Allure OTS – Grant Martin is back onboard as of 1/28 for 4months.

****Anthem OTS – Tornado Tanya boarded Anthem on April 7. Flavio Maeda will replace Tanya in August.

****Brilliance OTS – Enzo Matijaca joined the ship in earlyApril.

****Empress OTS – WHO is onboard now, since Mauricio Diaz should have gone on vacation in mid February2018?

****Enchantment OTS – AssataYoung-Mayers replaced TT Algon back inDecember. Unsure if Assata is stillonboard.

****Explorer OTS – WHO is currently AM?

****Freedom OTS – As of3/8/18 Alexander Schmidt was still onboard. Margot Van Erck is scheduled to beon FR in mid April until June 2018.

****Grandeur OTS – Cecy Del Razo has taken over on GR, 2/10/18,she told me directly instead of going to Brilliance. She is supposed to beon GR for a 4 month contract.

*****Harmony – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) returned 2/3/18 for a 4 month contract.

****IndependenceOTS – Elizabeth Hackett is onboardcurrently and could be onboard until Mark Rous returns to Indy on May 20. Mark has told me that he will be returning to Indy on May 20.

*****Jewel OTS – Danny Klophaus is onboard rightnow.

*****Liberty OTS – Katrina Blair took over as AM on 1/14 for 4 months, then Alex Green takes over 5/27 until 7/22 then Katrina returns 7/22.

****Majesty OTS – MosseseVatuloka is onboard. I heard this on1/26/18 from Geoff Jones. Geoffsaid he has filled in from time to time for Moe, but Moe is the AM onboard.

*****Mariner OTS – Renato Arana isscheduled to be onboard April 2018 for a 4 month contract.

*****Navigator OTS – Mark Rous isonboard as of March 1 until May 20 when he will move to Indy. DanielEdward should return when Mark leaves.

*****Oasis OTS – Tresha Robb has taken overonboard Oasis on 2/11/18 for a 4 month contract, then Flavio Maeda in June for 2 months.

***** Ovation – Angelle VanHemert took over at the end of January 2018.

***** Quantum – Bonnie Bai isonboard as of the information I received on 12/10. I don’t know when she started, so thereforecan’t guess as to when her contract completes.

*****Radiance OTS – Alex Green took over 3/18 for 2 months, then he will move to Liberty. He is a newly promoted AM from the Grandeur CD Staff.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Eric Lopez has returned as of late-February.

**** Serenade OTS – Alison Hasler has beenpromoted to AM as of 1/26 on Serenade.

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullagh joined 3/31 and will be onboard thru July.

***** Vision OTS – Renata Arena from end of January until hejoins Mariner in April.

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang has taken over as AM.

Thanks to all the cruisers for information thatthey provide to me!

Others: DanielEdward, Alexander Schmidt, Talita Leoni, Danny Klophaus, Anjazc, Troy Zhang, Allison Currie, Caroline Pan,Agari G., Katie Turner (on medical leave), Gerardo De La Concha Kubli (calledJerry) started vacation 12/9 until 2/3/18; , Mickey Martin, Mark Rous (vac from mid Janto March 1), Katy McCullagh, Margot van Erck, Kitty Xu Meng

No longer in the Fleet: Jeremie Gugliemi, Darryl Dyball, Zach Stratford; Linda Feng;Frankie Portera, Elise Milo Stewart, Gordon Travis, Giovanni DiPasquale, Kevin Tugwell, BelleO’Obrien (now Osmic); Tino Jackson(Carillo).

Christopher John Hopkinsseems to be back from vacation on Ovation, just as part of entertainment team.

Splendour – ship retired April 2016; Legend – shipretired March 2017

There hasn't been any recent updates, so I'll step in to provide a quick update with new info which I know. Thanks, Joe

What Activity Manager have you come across? Ifyou can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with theship, it would be greatly appreciated…..EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks! Anyone who can share information about ourActivity Managers, PLEASE do so.

****Adventure OTS – Daniel Dornas will continue on AM when theship finishes her drydock until April, he has told me (Daniel is currently filling in as CD for a few weeks).

****Anthem OTS – Tornado Tanya boarded Anthem on April 7. Flavio Maeda will replace Tanya in August.

****Brilliance OTS – Enzo Matijaca joined the ship in earlyApril.

****Empress OTS – WHO is onboard now, since Mauricio Diaz should have gone on vacation in mid February2018?

****Enchantment OTS – AssataYoung-Mayers replaced TT Algon back inDecember. Unsure if Assata is stillonboard.

****Explorer OTS – WHO is currently AM?

****Freedom OTS – As of3/8/18 Alexander Schmidt was still onboard. Margot Van Erck is scheduled to beon FR in mid April until June 2018.

****Grandeur OTS – Cecy Del Razo has taken over on GR, 2/10/18,she told me directly instead of going to Brilliance. She is supposed to beon GR for a 4 month contract.

*****Harmony – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) returned 2/3/18 for a 4 month contract.

****IndependenceOTS – Elizabeth Hackett is onboardcurrently and could be onboard until Mark Rous returns to Indy on May 20. Mark has told me that he will be returning to Indy on May 20.

*****Liberty OTS – Katrina Blair took over as AM on 1/14 for 4 months, then Alex Green takes over 5/27 until 7/22 then Katrina returns 7/22.

****Majesty OTS – MosseseVatuloka is onboard. I heard this on1/26/18 from Geoff Jones. Geoffsaid he has filled in from time to time for Moe, but Moe is the AM onboard.

*****Mariner OTS – Renato Arana isscheduled to be onboard April 2018 for a 4 month contract.

*****Navigator OTS – Mark Rous isonboard as of March 1 until May 20 when he will move to Indy. DanielEdward should return when Mark leaves.

*****Oasis OTS – Tresha Robb has taken overonboard Oasis on 2/11/18 for a 4 month contract, then Flavio Maeda in June for 2 months.

***** Quantum – Bonnie Bai isonboard as of the information I received on 12/10. I don’t know when she started, so thereforecan’t guess as to when her contract completes.

*****Radiance OTS – Alex Green took over 3/18 for 2 months, then he will move to Liberty. He is a newly promoted AM from the Grandeur CD Staff.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Eric Lopez has returned as of late-February.

**** Serenade OTS – Alison Hasler has beenpromoted to AM as of 1/26 on Serenade.

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullagh joined 3/31 and will be onboard thru July.

***** Vision OTS – Renata Arena from end of January until hejoins Mariner in April.

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang has taken over as AM.

Others: DanielEdward, Alexander Schmidt, Talita Leoni, Danny Klophaus, Anjazc, Troy Zhang, Allison Currie, Caroline Pan,Agari G., Katie Turner (on medical leave), Gerardo De La Concha Kubli (calledJerry) started vacation 12/9 until 2/3/18; , Mickey Martin, Mark Rous (vac from mid Janto March 1), Katy McCullagh, Margot van Erck, Kitty Xu Meng

No longer in the Fleet: Jeremie Gugliemi, Darryl Dyball, Zach Stratford; Linda Feng;Frankie Portera, Elise Milo Stewart, Gordon Travis, Giovanni DiPasquale, Kevin Tugwell, BelleO’Obrien (now Osmic); Tino Jackson(Carillo).

Christopher John Hopkinsseems to be back from vacation on Ovation, just as part of entertainment team.

On Enchantment Assata is the Activities Manager. High energy and very personable. Just saw her run “sexiest man competition” poolside. I will try to find out how much longer she will be onboard.

On Enchantment Assata is the Activities Manager. High energy and very personable. Just saw her run “sexiest man competition” poolside. I will try to find out how much longer she will be onboard.

Excellent! Hopefully Paulette will be back soon - an update was overdue, hence why I stepped in.

How many people find that the Activities Manager is far superior to the CD ?

I have found that the Activity Manager, especially on the bigger ships, is much more visible to cruisers and therefore appears to have a greater impact on what cruisers experience. The larger the ship, the more 'other responsibilities' that a CD has, which can impact how visible they are to the cruisers.

When there is a good AM/CD team, it all works out well, overall.

How many people find that the Activities Manager is far superior to the CD ?

In my experience, that hasn't happened much. Abe was certainly much better than AM Katy on HM last year.

It's actually been a long time since I have seen a strong AM. Considering a fall cruise and hope to finally see one. Cancelled the Symphony TA so looking for a good CD & AM combo on a ship in October.

Edited by Joe12

On Brilliance right now. Flavio is the AM, through the end of this TA. He doesn't know yet who will replace him, but I'll check back in a few days to ask again.

I heard it would be Enzo. I had also heard that Flavio would be going to Oasis then Anthem next, so assumed that he was on vacation already. Long contract for him.

Abe & Flavio sounds like a good team for the TA.

Updated 4/8/18

Thanks to all who provided what they came across.

****Adventure OTS – Daniel Dornas is still on board through theend of April based on his last DM to me.

****Anthem OTS – Tornado Tanya joined ship in April. She is expected to be onboard until FlavioMaeda takes over in early August.

****Brilliance OTS – FlavioMaeda is due to be leaving BR with Enzo Majiica joining the ship in early tomid April. When Flavio leaves BR he goeson vacation and then head to Oasis in mid June to take over from Tresha Robb

****Enchantment OTS – AssataYoung-Mayers replaced TT Algon back in December. Unsure if Assata is still onboard.

****Explorer OTS – Katy McCullogh has taken over until JuneI whenshe is supposed to move to Harmony and take over from Jerry.

****Freedom OTS – As of3/26/18 Alexander Schmidt was still onboard. Margot Van Erck is scheduled to beon FR in mid April until June 2018, when Margot will move to Symphony.

*****Harmony – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) returned 2/3/18. It appears that this is a 4 month contractand that Katy McCullagh will take over from Jerry on June 8.

*****LibertyOTS – Katrina Blair took over as AM on1/14 perhaps for 4 months. Alex Green isexpected to join the ship in mid May.

*****Oasis OTS – Tresha Robb has taken overonboard Oasis on 2/11/18 probably for a 4 month contract. Flavio Maeda willtake over mid June to cover Tresha’s vacation (until mid August) and Flavio will then head to Anthem in August.

*****RadianceOTS – Alex Green currently onboard. Heis expected to move to Libertyin late May for 2 months.

**** Rhapsody OTS – TT Algon is currentlyonboard. I was informed of this from theCD he is working with Elvis Pinto on 2/12/18. Don’t know until when.

**** Serenade OTS – Alison Hasler has been promotedto AM as of 1/26 on Serenade.

**** Symphony OTS – Amy Tripp takes out Symphony. Margot van Erck has announced she will takeover from Amy. I have reached out to Amyto learn if they know the date of that handoff yet.

*****Voyager OTS – Has Troy Zhang returned from his vacation andreplaced Clair Booth? If now who isonboard currently?

Others: DanielEdward, Alexander Schmidt, Talita Leoni, Danny Klophaus, Anjazc, Troy Zhang, Allison Currie, Caroline Pan,Agari G., Katie Turner (on medical leave), Gerardo De La Concha Kubli (calledJerry) started vacation 12/9 until 2/3/18; , Mickey Martin, Katy McCullagh, Margot van Erck, KittyXu Meng, Aysy Sadrislamova (vacation until June 8), Flavio Maeda (vac from midApril to mid June), SainiGupta

Updated 4/9/18

****Adventure OTS – Daniel Dornas is still on board through theend of April based on his last DM to me.

****Anthem OTS – Tornado Tanya joined ship in April. She is expected to be onboard until FlavioMaeda takes over in early August.

****Brilliance OTS – FlavioMaeda is due to be leaving BR with Enzo Majiica joining the ship in early tomid April. When Flavio leaves BR he goeson vacation and then head to Oasis in mid June to take over from Tresha Robb

****Enchantment OTS – AssataYoung-Mayers replaced TT Algon back in December. Unsure if Assata is still onboard.

****Explorer OTS – WHO iscurrently on board?

****Freedom OTS – As of3/26/18 Alexander Schmidt was still onboard. Margot Van Erck is scheduled to beon FR in mid April until June 2018, when Margot will move to Symphony.

*****Harmony – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) returned 2/3/18 for a 4 monthcontract, unsure who will be taking over from him at that time. Katy McCullogh has told me that she will be headingto Harmony for the summer season onboard.

*****LibertyOTS – Katrina Blair took over as AM on1/14 perhaps for 4 months. Alex Green isexpected to join the ship in mid May.

*****Oasis OTS – Tresha Robb has taken overonboard Oasis on 2/11/18 probably for a 4 month contract. Flavio Maeda willtake over mid June to cover Tresha’s vacation (until mid August) and Flavio will then head to Anthem in August.

*****RadianceOTS – Alex Green currently onboard. Heis expected to move to Libertyin late May for 2 months.

**** Rhapsody OTS – TT Algon is currentlyonboard. I was informed of this from theCD he is working with Elvis Pinto on 2/12/18. Don’t know until when.

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullo is on Symphony then a handoff to Margotvan Erck. Katy has told me she moves to Harmony in June or July for the summerseason on her. Not sure of exact date.

*****Voyager OTS – Has Troy Zhang returned from his vacation andreplaced Clair Booth? If now who isonboard currently?

Others: DanielEdward, Alexander Schmidt, Talita Leoni, Danny Klophaus, Anjazc, Troy Zhang, Allison Currie, Caroline Pan,Agari G., Katie Turner (on medical leave), Gerardo De La Concha Kubli (calledJerry) started vacation 12/9 until 2/3/18; , Mickey Martin, Katy McCullagh, Margot van Erck, KittyXu Meng, Aysy Sadrislamova (vacation until June 8), Flavio Maeda (vac from midApril to mid June), SainiGupta

Paulette, I have contacted Royal and they confirmed with me that Katy is AM on Symphony. She will be there for my B2B in July.

I am personally hoping that given that she will have had an additional year's experience since I had her on Harmony, she will have improved. She has all the makings to be a good AM, but was too much of a rookie to get Harmony so early on and it showed.

We had Amy Tripp on her first go around as an AM a few years ago, when we sailed on Indy during the week of the CD Conference. The AM (stepped in CD role) and AM stepped up from Entertainment Staff to AM, and she did quite well....actually she was better than the CD that week. You could see how 'unseasoned' he was for the spot -- it was Gordon Travis. We all had a great cruise, regardless.

Updated 4/9/18

****Explorer OTS – WHO iscurrently on board?

*****Harmony – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) returned 2/3/18 for a 4 monthcontract, unsure who will be taking over from him at that time. Katy McCullogh has told me that she will be headingto Harmony for the summer season onboard.

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullo is on Symphony then a handoff to Margotvan Erck. Katy has told me she moves to Harmony in June or July for the summerseason on her. Not sure of exact date.

Assata is still on Enchantment as activities mgr. She was terrific! (we just got off the ship 4/9/18)