Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

There is a reason they call her Tornado Tanya — she is full of energy! She is terrific — had her as AM on Grandeur for the Christmas/New Year’s sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why does Grandeur always get the best AM's? Darryl then Andre then Tanya. I think that all 3 of them were wasted in the Baltimore market. At least Tanya has moved on to better things.

Speaking of Darryl, I really wish that he would come back to Royal. Aside from Tanya, are there any other AM's who are as fun and high energy as him? It does sadden me that he left as he was one who I would try and emulate if I made AM or CD myself.

Sometime they leave for something better at land and some of them wants to spend with there family is not easy to be away from love ones for ,4 to 6 mouths some of them are use to it and some of them is not working at sea is not for everybody especially on special holidays they can't spend it with there family is hard

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

Sometime they leave for something better at land and some of them wants to spend with there family is not easy to be away from love ones for ,4 to 6 mouths some of them are use to it and some of them is not working at sea is not for everybody especially on special holidays they can't spend it with there family is hard

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

Both Tino and Chris left for other lines. I suppose it depends on the person. There are sacrifices to be made but those who do it seem to enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 6/2/18

What Activity Manager have you come across? Ifyou can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with theship, it would be greatly appreciated…..EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks! Anyone who can share information about ourActivity Managers, PLEASE do so.

****Adventure OTS – Marvin Wilson has been spotted on AD.

****Allure OTS – Who is onboard NOW? Grant Martin had been onboard as of 1/28 forpossibly a 4 month contract, but I have been told that Grant is not therecurrently.

****Anthem OTS – Tornado Tanya will be on board until midAugust (confirmed by Tanya herself via FB). Flavio Maeda is scheduled to cover her vacation and she is expected toreturn on October 18.

****Brilliance OTS – EnzoMajiica joining the ship in early to mid April.

****Empress OTS – Mickey Martin is currently onboard. DanielDornas joins the ship in June after his vacation, which began in mid April.

****Enchantment OTS – AssataYoung-Mayers replaced TT Algon back inDecember. As of 4/9/18 she was stillonboard and the cruiser who gave us the information said she was terrific.

****Explorer OTS – MargotVan Erck should be onboard until June 2018, when she will move to Symphony.

****Freedom OTS – SainiGupta is currently on board until June when Alexander Schmidt returns.

****Grandeur OTS – Cecy Del Razo has taken over on GR,2/10/18. Based on what she told mepreviously she should be on GR until early June.

*****Harmony – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) returned 2/3/18 for a 4 monthcontract, unsure who will be taking over from him at that time. Is KatyMcCullogh joining Harmony for the summer season as she had told me severalmonths ago?

****IndependenceOTS – Has Mark Rous returned asexpected? Elizabeth Hackett was expected to be on until Mark Rous returned to Indy on May 20. Has this happened?

*****Jewel OTS – Danny Klophaus is onboard rightnow.

*****LibertyOTS – Alex Green is expected to join theship in May. Has he?

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz should have taken over from MosseseVutuloka at the end of April for a 4 month contract. Looking for confirmation.

*****Mariner OTS – Renato Arana isscheduled to be onboard April 2018 for a 4 month contract.

*****Navigator OTS – Daniel Edward was expected to return when Mark Rous moved back to Indy. Has it happened?

*****Oasis OTS – Tresha Robb has taken overonboard Oasis on 2/11/18 probably for a 4 month contract. Flavio Maeda willtake over mid June to cover Tresha’s vacation (until mid August) and Flavio will then head to Anthem in August.

***** Ovation – Who is onboard? Unsure if Angelle Van Hemert is still there,since she took over at the end of January 2018.

***** Quantum – Bonnie Bai isonboard as of the information I received on 12/10. I don’t know when she started, so thereforecan’t guess as to when her contract completes.

*****RadianceOTS – Alex Green was expected to move toLiberty in lateMay; if so, WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

**** Rhapsody OTS – Eric Lopez took over inearly April.

**** Serenade OTS – Who is currently onSerenade?

**** Symphony OTS – IS Margotvan Erck onboard, who would have taken over from Katy McCullough who told meshe moves to Harmony in June or July for the summer season on her. Not sure of exact date.

***** Vision OTS – Who is on Vision currently?

*****Voyager OTS – Has Troy Zhang returned from his vacation andreplaced Clair Booth?

Thanks to all the cruisers for information thatthey provide to me!

Others: DanielEdward, Alexander Schmidt, Talita Leoni, Danny Klophaus, Anjazc, Troy Zhang, Allison Currie, Caroline Pan,Agari G., Katie Turner (on medical leave), Aysy Sadrislamova (vacation until June 8),Flavio Maeda (vac from mid April to mid June), TT Algon, Daniel Dornas, Grant (Adam) Martin; Alison Hasler

Why does Grandeur always get the best AM's? Darryl then Andre then Tanya. I think that all 3 of them were wasted in the Baltimore market. At least Tanya has moved on to better things.

Speaking of Darryl, I really wish that he would come back to Royal. Aside from Tanya, are there any other AM's who are as fun and high energy as him? It does sadden me that he left as he was one who I would try and emulate if I made AM or CD myself.

As a very frequent Baltimore cruiser, I take exception! We consider Tonya to be ours alone. Fortunately I can also drive to Bayonne.

And Darryl was, indeed, a trip.

As a very frequent Baltimore cruiser, I take exception! We consider Tonya to be ours alone. Fortunately I can also drive to Bayonne.

And Darryl was, indeed, a trip.

I just think that the high energy AM's are better on the ships that attract a younger clientele. But, Tanya isn't far away on Anthem.

I really miss Darryl. Fantastic guy. He's what modern day Cruise Directing should ideally be like.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if I provide info to the list, I would appreciate if it is added. I've provided some things since the previous update a few weeks ago and they have been ignored.

- Grant is no longer with Royal.

- Angelle is now on AL not OV.

- Alex is on LB.

- Katrina is on RD after her vacation.

Also found some new info:

- Talita is back on Vision as of April.

- Aysy is back on EX June 8th so Margot likely joins SY on June 10th which would have Katy going to HM on June 16th.

- I think Troy is on VY. Claire has went back to NCL.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if I provide info to the list, I would appreciate if it is added. I've provided some things since the previous update a few weeks ago and they have been ignored.

- Angelle is now on AL not OV.

- Alex is on LB.

- Katrina is on RD after her vacation.

Also found some new info:

- Talita is back on Vision as of April.

- Aysy is back on EX June 8th so Margot likely joins SY on June 10th which would have Katy going to HM on June 16th.

- I think Troy is on VY. Claire has went back to NCL.

Alex is on vacation - he was on my Freedom cruise 3/25, then switched over to Liberty for what I believe was an emergency fill-in, and now, according to his Instagram, he is on vacation. He did a great job - and was a phenomenal beatboxer too! I had Katy on Harmony last year, I didn’t see too much of her, but I think that was more due to the fact that CD Abe did a lot of things, such as the morning show, by himself rather than with Katy as a duo. I still thought he and Katy did a great job, and while I have enjoyed all my CD’s and AM’s so far, Abe has to be my favorite. I did love Drew and Alex’s morning show on Freedom too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just think that the high energy AM's are better on the ships that attract a younger clientele. But, Tanya isn't far away on Anthem.

I really miss Darryl. Fantastic guy. He's what modern day Cruise Directing should ideally be like.

A younger clientele??? The average age of my peeps and me on the Grandeur 12 days and 9 day Canada/NE can't be a day more than 75!:D:D

Alex is on vacation - he was on my Freedom cruise 3/25, then switched over to Liberty for what I believe was an emergency fill-in, and now, according to his Instagram, he is on vacation. He did a great job - and was a phenomenal beatboxer too! I had Katy on Harmony last year, I didn’t see too much of her, but I think that was more due to the fact that CD Abe did a lot of things, such as the morning show, by himself rather than with Katy as a duo. I still thought he and Katy did a great job, and while I have enjoyed all my CD’s and AM’s so far, Abe has to be my favorite. I did love Drew and Alex’s morning show on Freedom too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are two Alex's. Alex Green is on LB, whereas Alex Schmidt is going back to FR next week.

Serenade: we had our M&M this morning. Chatted afterwards with the AM, who is Alison Hasler (from Scotland), who has been with the ship since early this year. Starting her vacation at the end of this cruise (14 June), after which Caroline Peters takes over as AM.

Aww, that is sad about Grant. I really liked him when I was on the Allure.

Aww, that is sad about Grant. I really liked him when I was on the Allure.

I agree. He's home and has started an awesome YouTube channel. I wish he was still with Royal though, as he had potential to be a fantastic CD not to mention that he was probably the best Scottish AM/CD that worked for Royal.

Serenade: we had our M&M this morning. Chatted afterwards with the AM, who is Alison Hasler (from Scotland), who has been with the ship since early this year. Starting her vacation at the end of this cruise (14 June), after which Caroline Peters takes over as AM.

Is Alison returning after her vacation? I saw a Morning Show with her on YouTube, she seems like a good AM.

I agree. He's home and has started an awesome YouTube channel. I wish he was still with Royal though, as he had potential to be a fantastic CD not to mention that he was probably the best Scottish AM/CD that worked for Royal.

My wife and I were talking about how great of a CD he would be. Have you watched any of his youtube stuff? I was going to ask if he talked about his time at Royal or talked about not going back in any of his videos.

My wife and I were talking about how great of a CD he would be. Have you watched any of his youtube stuff? I was going to ask if he talked about his time at Royal or talked about not going back in any of his videos.

I do follow his videos, but he hasn't mentioned anything about Royal. He alluded to his career on ships when he said "I've just finished 6 years working on cruise ships". He also mentioned something about when he worked on Serenade. His videos are good though. Quite motivational/inspirational and a lot of Royal Wedding related content.

I do follow his videos, but he hasn't mentioned anything about Royal. He alluded to his career on ships when he said "I've just finished 6 years working on cruise ships". He also mentioned something about when he worked on Serenade. His videos are good though. Quite motivational/inspirational and a lot of Royal Wedding related content.

Awesome, I'll have to check them out sometime. Thanks for the heads up about his videos. Sad he's no longer with Royal but glad he's doing something he loves.

In an interview with Jimmy Rhodes recorded in March, he mentioned that Grant was working towards to becoming CD. I can't imagine that he left of his own accord just a few weeks later. I'll try and contact Grant to see if he has definitely left.

• 2 weeks later...