Cruise Critic Community
1 Buffett Fan

Carnival's Superbowl Commercial

On my B2B cruise a few weeks ago we were able to vote for the best commercial on board and we voted for this one ;)

I'm not sure that this is the final choice for the ad. Check out the voting which is still going on....

http://www.carnivalmarketingchallenge.com/

I really hope its not the final choice. There are better choices on here for speaking to a wider market. Considering that its an ad for all the brands.... this is especially important.

YAY.. I voted for this one.. Liked it the best but also thought with the Superbowl Audience this one would go over the best :) lol

While I certainly get the innuendos presented in the commercial and think to some degree it is funny I feel like the "Message in the Bottle" is the best.

Thanks for posting this, since the CTC decided Canadians should watch Canadian commercials during the Superbowl we dont get to see them :( Even the feeds we watch from Detroit have Canadian commercials :eek:

I'm not sure that this is the final choice for the ad. Check out the voting which is still going on....

http://www.carnivalmarketingchallenge.com/

OK, I didn't realize the voting was still going on. I had watched a TV special about past and present Superbowl ads this week and "Cruise Virgin" was the one they had shown a clip of. Thanks for clarifying.

Money spent on a SB commercial. That explains the cut backs for the loyal cruisers. :mad:

I read that it costs $4.5 million for a 30-second spot for this Super Bowl. This Carnival ad runs a full minute. Maybe they'll edit it down and save a few million...

I read that it costs $4.5 million for a 30-second spot for this Super Bowl. This Carnival ad runs a full minute. Maybe they'll edit it down and save a few million...

We'll end up taking it in the shorts.

While I certainly get the innuendos presented in the commercial and think to some degree it is funny I feel like the "Message in the Bottle" is the best.

I liked that one the best too!!

Thanks for sharing. My cruise friends on Facebook are replying about their "first times."

- "My first time was on a Queen," says my gay friend.

- "Is it weird to say I first did it when I was 6?"

- "I mostly do it with my mom but i did it with my boyfriend once."

- "I first did it with my family. It was a little awkward, but we all enjoyed it."

- "My first lasted 5 days. When it was over, I was ready to do it again."

Classy - NOT!!! Would be good for Carnival Cruise Line but not for many other brands in the corporation.

Love all the uptight people saying inappropriate. Wow, you've all got gutter minds. Thought it was hilarious. And you're talking about the ad...which is the point of advertising!

Love all the uptight people saying inappropriate. Wow, you've all got gutter minds. Thought it was hilarious. And you're talking about the ad...which is the point of advertising!

Agreed. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll end up taking it in the shorts.

Perhaps this is the reason they decided to prohibit VIFP Red and Gold Members from having the opportunity to receive a complimentary drink voucher and instead are receiving a 1L bottle of water. :rolleyes:

Edited by Pixelate

Perhaps this is the reason they decided to prohibit VIFP Red and Gold Members from having the opportunity to receive a complimentary drink voucher and instead are receiving a 1L bottle of water.

No, that's not it.

It was meant to be a joke from recent events. :D

I know, it wasn't funny. Carnival is being petty and lame and that's not funny either.