Suite class. Quality of drinks.

Balloon Man

Wish they would be consistent. I asked about a Piña Colada and was told no. Never any breakfast items or cookies. We ate in Blu. Sounds like lots depends on the person in charge of the room. In fact we came down several times for drinks and the bartender was gone.

which ship was this and what times were their no staff?

we found on Equinox in June if we went in at a less busy time and MC was empty and unmanned, within a minute or two the barman would arrive ready to serve:) There seemed to be some sort of unseen telegraph to alert them.

Edited by groryjm

I don't want to point fingers at a specific ship. However, once shortly before noon, we waited 15 minutes and then left. All bars around were closed then. Another time it was around 3. My point is that someone should be there or there should be a bell or something to call someone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't want to point fingers at a specific ship. However, once shortly before noon, we waited 15 minutes and then left. All bars around were closed then. Another time it was around 3. My point is that someone should be there or there should be a bell or something to call someone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree, 15 minutes is too long. We often had the same experience above, we went in, it looked like no one was around, and someone would appear from the back behind the bar (M-Class).

As far as a bell or something to call someone, there most definitely is. When you board you're given the card of the MC Concierge. You can call them from any phone on the ship, including the one on the MC Concierge desk. They carry their mobile phone with them. You can also just hit "0" and ask for the MC Concierge. I know it is too late, but you'll know for the next time.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The service in MC varies widely from ship to ship. A few months ago the MC server had to take our seapass cards to another bar to get us drinks - it is a good thing we have the free premium alcohol package! On the ship I am on now they have brought $50 to $75 bottles of wine from the Murano wine list when asked.

The service in MC varies widely from ship to ship. A few months ago the MC server had to take our seapass cards to another bar to get us drinks - it is a good thing we have the free premium alcohol package! On the ship I am on now they have brought $50 to $75 bottles of wine from the Murano wine list when asked.

I totally agree with this (widely varying service). I believe this comes from the fact that the club is run by guest services, but F&B must staff and run the bar and food, and different F&B/Bar managers have different feelings about the club. I think they are trying to iron it out and make it all, the same high level, but we shall see as time goes by.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

On our Eclipse cruise, whenever the wonderful Rose Marie was not on duty, there was a stand-in for her. He was clearly a young and inexperienced assistant waiter from Murano doing it for the first time. However, he was a quick learner and the improvement over the two weeks was visible. What was wonderful to see was how the guests in Michael's Club and the Concierge gently helped him grow into the role.

The F&B department on Eclipse were trialling other innovations on that cruise and perhaps they were also working out how to improve the manning of Michael's Club.

On our Eclipse cruise, whenever the wonderful Rose Marie was not on duty, there was a stand-in for her. He was clearly a young and inexperienced assistant waiter from Murano doing it for the first time. However, he was a quick learner and the improvement over the two weeks was visible. What was wonderful to see was how the guests in Michael's Club and the Concierge gently helped him grow into the role.

Glad someone else noticed! We were taken care of by Rose Marie on the Eclipse in Michaels Club on two Eclipse cruises last year. She has the makings of a Celebrity legend, along with her husband at the Sunset whom very nearly killed me with Jamaican rum. It would have been a fine way to go:D

I think this is typical of a challenge with Celebrity and why service can often be hit or miss between ships, or even on the same cruise at different times, venues, or even the same venue at different times. Celebrity may schedule very new, less trained staff at a venue during less busy times. New staff often has little or no training before getting on the ship, then they're training sometimes seems to be "fake it til you make it". Sure, Michael's Club is often slow during the day, but staff still need training. We've seen this in the morning in Michael's Club. We were told that Canyon Ranch doesn't do any off site training in "Canyon Ranch" service or techniques and all training was onboard. We had a few other examples as well. I think on the job training is fine, if there is someone trained actually there doing the training, but that is often not the case.

EDIT: the other example I remembered was our first Butler in November was very friendly and did what he could, but training was clearly lacking compared to other butlers. We were going to ask for a different butler when we swapped cabins, but were assigned another butler anyway. I believe he ended up doing less personal tasks and more support tasks anyway as our 2nd wonderful butler ends up with 12 cabins, including the PH of his side as he covered for the first butler we had.

Overall I think staff is very good, but it is just something we notice with inconsistency the previous posts brought to mind.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled