Canadian cruisers!!

I received mine in the mail today too for my Amazon Chase Visa. Sad indeed. Are there any other cards that don't have conversion fees?

I did some research after I received my letter and there is a HomeTrust Visa that doesn’t charge conversion fees. If you Google credit cards you should get a few comparison. Loved my Marriott card[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by KiwiGal117

I did some research after I received my letter and there is a HomeTrust Visa that doesn’t charge conversion fees. If you Google credit cards you should get a few comparison. Loved my Marriott card[emoji22]

The Home Trust Visa has no annual fee.

• 1 month later...
The Home Trust Visa has no annual fee.

Reading some very bad reviews and sketchy delivery issues with this card so I am not going to get one - just found this interesting article? (just hope they have one of those 'waive the annual fee first year' incentives?:

https://www.moneywehave.com/scotiabank-passport-visa-infinite-card-review/

Today marks the end of the Chase Amazon and Chase Marriott Visa cards. RIP.

I got the Home Trust card right before the axe fell on the Amazon card. Took 3-4 weeks for me, but they definitely don't have the resources in place to handle the application volume they're seeing these days - 8 week backlog and growing.

There is another issuer supposedly launching soon with a no-forex MasterCard called Brim - no personal experience with them.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Forums mobile app

I got the Home Trust card right before the axe fell on the Amazon card. Took 3-4 weeks for me, but they definitely don't have the resources in place to handle the application volume they're seeing these days - 8 week backlog and growing.

There is another issuer supposedly launching soon with a no-forex MasterCard called Brim - no personal experience with them.

Can't wait 8 weeks - travelling in six LOL.

Just signed up for the Scotiabank card online - very easy/instant approval - now await the card and will use it for my onboard account and in Europe as required :)

I applied for Home Trust card close to 2 months ago, and they still have not even processed my application. Glad to hear that at least someone has received their card. Did they give you an adequate credit limit to start off with?

I applied for Home Trust card close to 2 months ago, and they still have not even processed my application. Glad to hear that at least someone has received their card. Did they give you an adequate credit limit to start off with?

I applied at the beginning of January and had the card by mid February. They gave me a higher credit limit than the amazon card had.

Anyone else concerned about the CAD free fall the past cpl months.....down over 6%.....which make a difference for booking cruises.

We will be getting back to close to 1.4 exchange rates which is defn going to make myself have to either cut back or look for amazing deals.....

Thanks for the update on Home Trust Back log. We have not heard from them yet and was beginning to wonder... We'll just keep waiting I guess.

dp

Anyone else concerned about the CAD free fall the past cpl months.....down over 6%.....which make a difference for booking cruises.

We will be getting back to close to 1.4 exchange rates which is defn going to make myself have to either cut back or look for amazing deals.....

Yes I know it's a bummer! Glad I paid mine off at .81 ! Not looking forward to the exchange on the hotel and rental car next month!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Reading some very bad reviews and sketchy delivery issues with this card so I am not going to get one - just found this interesting article? (just hope they have one of those 'waive the annual fee first year' incentives?:

https://www.moneywehave.com/scotiabank-passport-visa-infinite-card-review/

I also read somewhere that you could only have10 transactions pending. After that transactions were declined. Kind of silly with a card for travel. I didn’t actually confirm terms and conditions but it might be something to check out.

I also read somewhere that you could only have10 transactions pending. After that transactions were declined. Kind of silly with a card for travel. I didn’t actually confirm terms and conditions but it might be something to check out.

10 transactions per day is my understanding.

10 transactions per day is my understanding.

Oh ... a day? I had interpreted the post I saw as “pending “ which could sometimes take a couple of days to post. 10 a day is a bit more reasonable.

I decide to go with WestJet rewards visa, points earning, free checked bags and welcome bonus helps off set 2.5%fx charge.

Oh ... a day? I had interpreted the post I saw as “pending “ which could sometimes take a couple of days to post. 10 a day is a bit more reasonable.

I decide to go with WestJet rewards visa, points earning, free checked bags and welcome bonus helps off set 2.5%fx charge.

I've got the westjet card and I love it. It's my daily use card and I always use it when I book trips because of the cancellation insurance.

I've got the westjet card and I love it. It's my daily use card and I always use it when I book trips because of the cancellation insurance.

Dixie,

I never heard of the insurance waiver tied to the WestJet Card so I did some digging and found an article that might be of interest to you. Here's a snip from the article, followed by the link to the full article.

Trip cancellation coverage is what you need to qualify for a refund if something happens before the start of your trip. Trip interruption coverage is what you need to qualify for a refund if something happens after the start of the trip.

WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard, with a $99 annual fee – offered trip interruption coverage, but not cancellation coverage.

The article explains a family with an serious illness a few days before their trip tried to invoke insurance but because they were not "on the plane" yet, they were denied. Had they been on the plane, it would have been consider "an interruption" and they would have been covered.

https://www.thestar.com/business/personal_finance/2017/07/18/travel-insurance-gap-leads-to-costly-mistake-roseman.html

Joe

Halifax, Canada

Thanks for the article, joe! They are definitely not clear about this in the documents.

Glad to help.....

As I wasn't sure about credit card insurance, I found Costco "all-inclusive" single trip covered everything including trip cancelation/interruption, baggage loss or delay, full medical coverage and they would even refund the entire cost of the trip if a traveller lost their job before a trip occurred and at a price 40% lower than my bank or what my TA could offer. The "all inclusive" package even covers hotel/meals during a lengthy delay at an airport due to weather.....something I wish I had last year when I was stuck at JFK over night.

http://www.memberhealthplan.com/costco/travel.jsp?

Dixie,

I never heard of the insurance waiver tied to the WestJet Card so I did some digging and found an article that might be of interest to you. Here's a snip from the article, followed by the link to the full article.

Trip cancellation coverage is what you need to qualify for a refund if something happens before the start of your trip. Trip interruption coverage is what you need to qualify for a refund if something happens after the start of the trip.

WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard, with a $99 annual fee – offered trip interruption coverage, but not cancellation coverage.

The article explains a family with an serious illness a few days before their trip tried to invoke insurance but because they were not "on the plane" yet, they were denied. Had they been on the plane, it would have been consider "an interruption" and they would have been covered.

https://www.thestar.com/business/personal_finance/2017/07/18/travel-insurance-gap-leads-to-costly-mistake-roseman.html

Joe

Halifax, Canada

If you follow the suggestions in the article to check out rewards Canada.ca they suggest there is a brand new card in the game. Brim financial. I’ve never heard of it. After a very quick google, it looks like they are very new. Can’t even find reviews. But it might be something to look into if you have replaced your other cards yet.

Thanks for the Costco info. I usually use CAA for insurance for big trips but will check them out next time.

• 2 months later...

I like to book refundable fares, and compare prices of multiple sailings. I've just discovered that with changes on the RC website, you now can only see the refundable price after entering the guest names, etc. This makes it very difficult to compare various cruises.

Does anyone know a website that will show Canadian refundable prices, without having to jump through hoops for each one?

... Does anyone know a website that will show Canadian refundable prices, without having to jump through hoops for each one?

If that existed, it would likely be a travel agent site, which would not be a permitted posting here.

I like to book refundable fares, and compare prices of multiple sailings. I've just discovered that with changes on the RC website, you now can only see the refundable price after entering the guest names, etc. This makes it very difficult to compare various cruises.

Does anyone know a website that will show Canadian refundable prices, without having to jump through hoops for each one?

Try googling Cruise Ship Canada. Some Canadian companies may come up. Also, Princess and Celebrity sites will price in Canadian dollars.

Thanks for the update on Home Trust Back log. We have not heard from them yet and was beginning to wonder... We'll just keep waiting I guess.

dp

When looking at replacing my Amazon card with no fx I tried going with these guys but never heard back. I ended up getting the new Scotia passport visa, no fx and lots of rewards... loving it