Canadian cruisers!!

When looking at replacing my Amazon card with no fx I tried going with these guys but never heard back. I ended up getting the new Scotia passport visa, no fx and lots of rewards... loving it

We did eventually get our cards from Home Trust Visa. But they gave us a $2000 credit limit :rolleyes: I don't know where they think we're going to go with that. I'll have to give them a call to see what's up, and get the limit raised. It is only a secondary card for us but would be nearly useless on a trip with such a low limit.

We already use the BMO World Elite MasterCard as a premium card with quite a bit of travel point rewards already built up. And since Costco now takes MasterCard, It is better for us to stick with MC, but if it were not for that, the Scotia Bank passport has pretty close to all the same benefits and would be a good choice otherwise.

dp

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Canadian Tyler said:

Is anyone else having problems with the RC website showing only US currency? I change it to Canada at the top, but it keeps reverting back to US.

But at least we get a pretty flag now. 😉

Same issue here.  I seem to have better luck with explorer browser or chrome incognito .  Also, after selecting Canada, try a general search first and then filter down if it still shows CAD.  Doesn't always work though.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Canadian Tyler said:

Is anyone else having problems with the RC website showing only US currency? I change it to Canada at the top, but it keeps reverting back to US.

Yes.  And I am not a new cruiser or new to Royal’s website! Once again, in my opinion, Royal has a glitch in its system!  The only prices that come upon Canadian dollars, are my already booked cruises, on my iPad.  When I use my laptop, with Chrome, I have to select Canadian at least 3 or 4 times before it clicks in.  I contacted Royal, and they sent me the basic instructions, which they don’t realize, aren’t working!  Thanks for letting me rant!  

9 hours ago, Canadian Tyler said:

Yes, I had the same problem.  When you finally get the site to stay on CAD currency bookmark the page.  Then when you visit the page next time use the bookmark and the CAD currency will stick.  At least that is my experience.  

Odd it has been working fine for me. We are dual residents so depending on which bank I'm going to be using to pay for the cruise and expenses I will use the US or Canadian version.  

Edited by Tree_skier

10 minutes ago, BobbyOrr said:

I have found this as well.  I have tried different browsers as well but no change. What I ended up doing was adding in the wuc=CAN at the end of the URL and set up a shortcut on my computer so it runs with the following URL.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked?wuc=CAN

I just tried your link and it came up as Canadian at first but when I tried to price a cruise it switched back to US. 

Very annoying.

2 hours ago, MrsK said:

I just tried your link and it came up as Canadian at first but when I tried to price a cruise it switched back to US. 

Very annoying.

Same for me using the corrected bookmarked site.  Ok for a day or so then back to U.S. prices.