2 great and 1 not so great places to eat

cruzobsessed

just came back from a weekend in bermuda (was not a cruise). i just wanted to let you know my food experiences. we ate at the LIDO CAFE at the elbow beach hotel. the food, service,location and view were AWESOME.

then we went to the LOBSTER POT in hamilton the next night. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. the location is right in downtown hamilton but the food was tasteless. the fish/seafood was definitley frozen a long time.

then........we went to COCONUTS.....ahhhhhh......it is located at the reefs hotel and all i can say is ahhhhh. we had a hollywood moment there. they restaurant is almost on the sand and it is completely open. so you have total views of the water and beach. at the moment we got there.....the sun was setting. for any of you who have been to bermuda before....you know that there aren't any words to describe the colors. coconuts has a 4 course prix fix menu and one course was more delicious than the other.

LIDO CAFE.....for 2 with wine, appetizers, entree, no desert........tip included.......$125.

LOBSTER POT.......wine, appetizers,entree,no desert,tip included.........$125.

COCONUTS.....wine,4 course meal, tip included.....$170.

this was our 1st trip to bermuda. we're going back next summer and cruising.

Thanks for your review.Just the cost of food explains why cruising is such a great deal.For approx 150 per day give or take a few bucks depending on time of year and room you book You get all meals and lodging.It really is a great deal.Alot of the warm weather islands are very expensive to visit on land.I am sure you will enjoy your cruise.

We will be there at the end of Sept. and I read the spiny lobsters harvested in Bermuda will be in season. Any ideas on what restaurants to go to get this local delicacy? I'm not interested in getting maine lobsters in Bermuda; I can get those in Oklahoma! Thanks.

i have no idea but you should start a thread with that question and SWIZZLE ( a bermudian) will get you the answer. hmmmm spiny lobster.....sounds interesting!!

Just a clarification - I live in Bermuda but I'm not Bermudian, I'm just here on a work contract. :)

sorry about that swizzle. it's just that you are so knowledgable about everything "bermudian" that i made an incorrect assumption. we're planning a return visit for next june but next time will be a cruise....we're taking our kids and a land vacation is too expensive. as always.....thanks for your help.

Archived