Reservations

Hinano

Does HAL not have a 24 hour reservation or customer service number?

No they do not.. Reservations is open from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Weekdays & from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sat & Sun. Pacific time..

If there is an emergency they do have Emergency Phone Numbers posted on their WEB site, but it must strictly be an emergency..

If you need to contact a Psgr due to an emergency, on one of their ships & know the name of the ship, they have ships phone numbers in their "Know before you go Booklet" which you also can get on-line..

Calling a ship from the U.S. is very expensive..

Edited by serendipity1499

Oh cool. I went through three different numbers, same message but none gave weekend hours. I will try tomorrow. Thanks for the info. :) First timer with HAL.

Hi Hinana and Welcome to HAL/CC.

Mind if I ask what has persuaded you to try HAL after your many Carnival cruises? Of course, if you don't care to respond but I noticed your nice list of past cruises and wondered. :o

Absolutely, We also have two on RCCL but didn't have the dates. Friends of ours are booked on an Alaska Cruise this August and we decided to go with them. Need to speak to someone directly, to link our bookings for dinner and hope to get cabins next to each other. That's why I can't do it online. :( Might miss our "perks" with CCL but that's not why we cruise. Excited to go North.

Edited by Hinano

Because of your Carnival cruises, you will be considered a repeat HAL cruiser. Though you do not get credit for the days on Carnival with HAL's Mariner Society you will be welcome to Embarkation Day Lunch in MDR if they are having one your cruise. You will also be invited to the repeaters brunch on a sea day during your cruise. :)

All cruise lines in the Carnival Family of Ships recognize the others as 'repeater status'. :)

Because of your Carnival cruises, you will be considered a repeat HAL cruiser. Though you do not get credit for the days on Carnival with HAL's Mariner Society you will be welcome to Embarkation Day Lunch in MDR if they are having one your cruise. You will also be invited to the repeaters brunch on a sea day during your cruise. :)

All cruise lines in the Carnival Family of Ships recognize the others as 'repeater status'. :)

What cruise lines are under the Carnival Family of Ships?

Carnival Corporation includes Holland America, Carnival, Princess, Seabourn, Cunard, AIDA, P&O (both UK and Australia), and Costa brands.

Thanks..I am obviously a newbie (sort of) but I have taken 1 Princess cruise and now booked on the Ryndam. Where does that put me as far as the embarkation luncheon, etc?

Thanks..I am obviously a newbie (sort of) but I have taken 1 Princess cruise and now booked on the Ryndam. Where does that put me as far as the embarkation luncheon, etc?

You should get invited to the luncheon as you have previous cruiser status. Personally we don't bother but I know a lot really like it. Nothing against the luncheon but usually we've had breakfast/brunch at our hotel before going over to the terminal so it's not like we're hungry. When we lived in the frozen north we cruise a lot out of Ft Lauderdale in the winter so we wanted to be out on deck in the sun for a change. 😀

Unless things have changed recently, this was not our experience with Princess or Carnival. On our first Princess cruise, past guest pricing which was available to prior Princess guests was not applicable to us, nor did we receive an invitation to the past guest party. We did receive an invitation to the past guest party on our second Princess cruise.

We have only sailed on Carnival once, and there was no recognition of any kind for our previous cruises on HAL.

HAL is the only cruiseline in the Carnival family that I am aware of that extends some minor perks like the embarkation lunch and Mariner brunch to first time HAL cruisers who have cruised in the Carnival family.

You should get invited to the luncheon as you have previous cruiser status. Personally we don't bother but I know a lot really like it. Nothing against the luncheon but usually we've had breakfast/brunch at our hotel before going over to the terminal so it's not like we're hungry. When we lived in the frozen north we cruise a lot out of Ft Lauderdale in the winter so we wanted to be out on deck in the sun for a change.

As far as I know, you don't get a formal "invitation" to the embarkation lunch. The OP should see one star on his key card, and that would get him into the embarkation lunch - as long as it is open to all "Mariners". I have heard that occasionally it can be restricted to 4 and 5-star Mariners, and sometimes closed to all but a specific group.

For the Mariner's Luncheon, if there is one, invitations are sent.

Sorry, I think I'm posting at the same time as others!

As an aside, Himano, you should tell HAL you have sailed on a Carnival ship - then they will look you up and give you that "one star". We had sailed on Cunard previously, but HAL didn't know until we told them, I think. That was a long time ago, though, perhaps the computer knows all now!

Edited by Vict0riann

I contacted the Mariner Society and was told that , in fact the following would apply to us because we have cruised on a Princess cruise and this gives us Star status.

As a Star Mariner you will be entitled to the following benefits:

* Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm)

* Complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch, to be scheduled by Captain on board.

* A special collectible gift presented to you on board

* E-version of Mariner Magazine

* Invitations to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society

* Special offers on select sailings

* A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings

Edited by pmjnh