? About Luminae Construction on Equinox

RealDeal

I was reading Andy's thread & I believe it said construction of Luminae would begin on the current sailing on Equinox. I'll be sailing on her next week and was wondering how this will impact the MDR. Does anyone know if part of it will be closed off? If so, I'm wondering how that will impact the crowds.

I was reading Andy's thread & I believe it said construction of Luminae would begin on the current sailing on Equinox. I'll be sailing on her next week and was wondering how this will impact the MDR. Does anyone know if part of it will be closed off? If so, I'm wondering how that will impact the crowds.

This topic has been discussed quite a bit in some other active threads. Here is a link so that you can read about it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2154876

This topic has been discussed quite a bit in some other active threads. Here is a link so that you can read about it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2154876

Thanks, Vulcan, but I don't see anything about where they're going to put ppl during the construction phase. Am I understanding it correctly that on S class ships it will be carved out of the MDR?

Hi there,

Yes, we will begin construction of Luminae this week. When you board, guests that are affected will have a letter waiting for them in their stateroom.

Guests who are confirmed for main or late seating will not be impacted. Guests dining in Blu will also not be affected.

Guests will be able to ask any additional questions regarding dining arrangements at Guest Relations onboard.

Guests who are confirmed for main or late seating will not be impacted. Guests dining in Blu will also not be affected.

So I assume that guests with select dining will be affected?

We are sailing in 3 weeks and would like to know before we cruise how our dinner at MDR will be affected!

Hi there,

Yes, we will begin construction of Luminae this week. When you board, guests that are affected will have a letter waiting for them in their stateroom.

Guests will be able to ask any additional questions regarding dining arrangements at Guest Relations onboard.

Sounds like we're in for a good time....

Hi there,

except the guests in blu are already being effected by suite guests dining whenever they want until the new restaurant is completed.

Edited by ghstudio

I wish that someone could explain why, with the increasing popularity of Select Dining and the decreasing popularity of Traditional, why Luminae would be carved out of the upper, Select, dining level on the S class ships. Doesn't seem to make much sense, especially during the construction phase but also upon completion. Only makes sense if all current suite guests currently dine in Select.

Edited by ECCruise

Hi there,

So I assume that guests with select dining will be affected?

We are sailing in 3 weeks and would like to know before we cruise how our dinner at MDR will be affected!

That's my reading of it as well. And I can certainly understand why you'd like to know how this is going to affect you.

I hope you still have a great cruise. We loved Select Dining on the Silhouette this fall (after two X cruises in Traditional Dining), and it's of concern that space is being taken away from that part of the MDR.

Which will contine after the suite restaurant is opened as the suite guests will still have access to Blu

Hi

I don't think this is right,

Almost certain I read somewhere that once this is

implemented that only Aqua will eat in Blu

Hi

I don't think this is right,

Almost certain I read somewhere that once this is

implemented that only Aqua will eat in Blu

Hi Steve

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Thus is the suite info that is on the web site which clearly says that suite guests get what the had before plug the new benefits.mthey seem to want to boost what you get in suite.

I have to say that having done suites inpprincess and RCCL before that princess gives you not much - breakfast in sabatinis, evening canapés in disco bu u pay for drinks, Rccl give you access to the concierge lounge but sleo give you this big room with loads of glasses but no way to buy a bottle of drink to use them.

Celebrity does seem to provide more, butlers can be pain ad what do you get them to do, if you are fairly self succicient but the new benefits seem better than the competition.

Gordon

We too are on the 2/13/15 Equinox sailing. With a party of 8 on Select Dining I am concerned about wait times and a negative effect on the dining experience. Hopefully Celebrity can give more detail as to HOW it affects Select Dining since it was indicated that it would not affect early, late or Blu seating.

We too are on the 2/13/15 Equinox sailing. With a party of 8 on Select Dining I am concerned about wait times and a negative effect on the dining experience. Hopefully Celebrity can give more detail as to HOW it affects Select Dining since it was indicated that it would not affect early, late or Blu seating.

It won't affect those b/c this new dining area is being carved out of the Select Dining area of the MDR. I'm trying not to over react, but Select Dining on a packed ship (which this sailing will be) is always a little problematic...if they're taking away a bunch of seats, I just can't imagine how they'll accommodate everyone.

It won't affect those b/c this new dining area is being carved out of the Select Dining area of the MDR. I'm trying not to over react, but Select Dining on a packed ship (which this sailing will be) is always a little problematic...if they're taking away a bunch of seats, I just can't imagine how they'll accommodate everyone.

They will push tables closer together to gain every seat they can and there will just be longer waits. There will probably be a push of some sort to get folks to dine in the buffet area as an alternative venue...maybe with a discount on wine as a bribe. Not much else they can do

They will push tables closer together to gain every seat they can and there will just be longer waits. There will probably be a push of some sort to get folks to dine in the buffet area as an alternative venue...maybe with a discount on wine as a bribe. Not much else they can do

Geez, how much closer can they be? At the tables for 2 you could easily eat off of the plate on the table next to you if you were so inclined.

except the guests in blu are already being effected by suite guests dining whenever they want until the new restaurant is completed.

We did not see this on Connie 1/24..suite guests had to make request subject to availability..and wait for open times... But I agree they will be trying to squeeze them in..esp with a portion of MDR under construction!

Edited by hcat

Hi there,

This is simply not true.

Hi there,

This is simply not true.

A lot of us (we've dined in Select well over a hundred times with virtually no issues) are hoping that it ISN'T true.

But please enlighten us on how this is going to work.

Taking a good portion of the Select Dining room (and one of the entrances) and dedicating it to Luminae. Forcing all Select diners (the number of which is consistently increasing while Traditional declines) into one entrance and then into a a significantly smaller dining area. The renderings of Luminae show considerably more "room" than currently in the MDR, meaning more square footage needed. How will this all be accomplished without crowding? Any input would be appreciated since we have about 60 days booked in Select dining in the future.