Sky Safari Zipline Information

csroberson3

Is the sky safari zipline worth the money and time? We have never experienced ziplining before and would really like to do it. If we are going to spend the money and take time away from seeing the island we would like for it to be a good experience.

any good/bad experiences would be greatly appreciated!!

We did this in Feb. 2012. We wanted to zipline in another port, but it was raining -- so we opted out of that one and did this one instead.

We got off the ship in St. Kitts and asked for a zipline (we thought we could find one and book on our own) but were told that at this port you must book through the ship. So we boarded the ship again, went to the shore excursion desk and booked it.

It was the first time that we ziplined and I'm glad that we went through this company. Safety was first, and felt comfortable doing this. We had a small "test" zipline first. Not a lot of lines as I can recall, but still a lot of fun and worth the money IMO. Again, great first experience in ziplining.

Edited by funinthesun1964
date correction

• 2 weeks later...

Sky Safari is excellent. My husband and I did our first zip lining here last year and we are over age 60! Very well run and maintained. The guides were very knowledgable. Safety seems to be paramount with them. Once we had the gear on, we were led to a short practice line where they showed us how to brake etc. Once we felt comfortable with the system, then they took us all up the mountain in a truck where we started the actual zip lining. It was amazing, and we hope to do it again on our upcoming April cruise.

The following ships have contract with the zipline in St Kitts:Carnival Cruise Victory, Miracle, Splendor, Breeze, Freedom, Conquest, Valor

P & O Oriana, Arcadia, Ventura, Oceana, Azura, Aurora,Adonia

MSC

Silver Seas Silver Shadow, Silver Spirit, Silver Cloud, Silver Whisper

Celebrity Eclipse, Equinox, Millennium, Mercury, Summit, Reflection, Silhouette

Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, Vision of the Seas,Independence of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas

NCL Dawn, Spirit, Star, Gem, Pearl, Breakaway

Seabourn Sojourn, Legend, Odyssey, Spirit, Pride

Azamara Journey

Oceana Cruises Isignia, Rivera

Windstar Wind surf

TUI Mein Schiff 1

Costa Cruises Costa Fortuna ,Costa Mediterranea

Crystal Cruises Crystal Serenity

Disney Magic Disney Magic

Cunard Queen Mary II, Queen Elizabeth,Queen Victoria

We did this zip line and it has to be booked through the ship. Sky Safari Zipline has a web page that will give you pictures of what it is like. I liked the fact that it has the no hands breaking system, My husband (an engineer) looked at the construction specs for this and a couple other zip lines and felt the ones for this zip line were the best. ( I think one factor was that they were anchored by concrete instead of timbers, but I am not positive about that). There is a trainer line and four other zip lines. The last one is a double line so you can "race" the person you are with. One time between lines we had to walk and carry our gear a very short distance. The other times we and our gear were transported between lines on benches in the back of a truck. We are in our early 60's and this was doable for us. Our guides were great and very specific safety instructions were given. I had a rough stop at the end of the line one time but it was my fault as I was so busy looking around that I did not get into position for coming to a stop at the end of the line despite the guide yelling and making the position sign. The views were awesome.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...