Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

The funny thing about Slendour is that there is no sign of her following that arrival in Venice.

I somewhat thought that could indicate a quick dry dock or something and then possible transfer to Miami or elsewhere.

Why would they send her to europe for a dry dock and then to Miami. If she replaces Majesty, the most logical place to go for dry dock is at the Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport.

Could well be - she might be the replacement for Majesty, but who knows??

Or this cruise is going to be cancelled soon, and Splendour will be deployed elsewhere...

I don't think Splendour will be the replacement for Majesty. They would lose passenger capacity if they switched out Majesty with Splendour.

Move one Oasis class ship to Port Canaveral! One can only hope.

Wish list:

More seven day itineraries out of Tampa.

A nicer ship out of Baltimore.

But in the end a Oasis ship at Canaveral would be terrific.

Edited by DreamingBig1

Why would they send her to europe for a dry dock and then to Miami. If she replaces Majesty, the most logical place to go for dry dock is at the Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport.

Spleandor replacing Majesty would be joke, smaller ship with no appeal.

Than the question for me is - what is Splendour going to do, if she will be replaced by Vision out of Venice???

I cannot believe that she is going to do the 12 night runs from Barcelona??

At least one can book a cruise on her from Dubai to Venice, starting the 4th of April, 2016...

Agree.

Why would Royal want to send Splendour Dubai to Venice then to Miami when ships are repositioning in the other direction.

My guess on Splendour remains leaving the Royal fleet.

Agree.

Why would Royal want to send Splendour Dubai to Venice then to Miami when ships are repositioning in the other direction.

Ok, you are right, logistically it would not make any sense to deploy her to Miami.

So she might stay in Europe, or deployed somewhere else...

But I cannot see her switching to Asia as well, although Dubai would be a good starting point for repos to Asia...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agree.

All of the speculation on which ship is going to be cruising what itineraries is fun. But it is a lot different than suggesting that a ship will leave the fleet or have you heard/read something different.

Everyone knew Her Majesty was going to follow her sister ships out of the Sovereign class...but Royal has not made any mention of a ship leaving the fleet after Her Majesty does. With Her Majesty, is was just a matter of the specific date....and when Royal was ready to release it -- they did.

The Cadiz dry dock has been extremely popular with all lines. They could either go from Venice or move her over to the industrial port of Trieste to take on containers. They could add a sailing to Barcelona or Malaga even. Even the cabins they add are pre-fabricated in Europe.

Even with the recent Freedom dry dock, most of the containers put on the ship at Port Canaveral for the installation and re-furbishement were from Europe. Why ship everything over to the USA or Bahamas when they can be shipped to the dry dock in Europe directly and at substantial savings and with less advance time.

When I pulled into Barcelona on the Norwegian Spirit in Barcelona just prior to her Cadiz dry dock it was amazing to see all the trucks and cranes go to work on our arrival in Barcelona so they could have the crew work on the way down to Cadiz.

The two ships I have sailed on right out of Cadiz dry dock, the Vision of the Seas and the Serenade of the Seas were sure in good order right out of dry dock.

Can you tell more? Are those ships listed in any Norwegian or European port for 2016?! :)

Surely Navigator fits in for the Adventure otS calls in 2016...

Its my wish list,but i guess if there is any changes we will soon know it...But some ports is not so fast to update ;) And i will tell you if there coming any changes :)

All of the speculation on which ship is going to be cruising what itineraries is fun. But it is a lot different than suggesting that a ship will leave the fleet or have you heard/read something different.

Everyone knew Her Majesty was going to follow her sister ships out of the Sovereign class...but Royal has not made any mention of a ship leaving the fleet after Her Majesty does. With Her Majesty, is was just a matter of the specific date....and when Royal was ready to release it -- they did.

How many times do you want to use the word Her? I'm glad that ship is going to be gone soon.

You are absolutely right no announcements have been made but its just speculation based on the new Skysea cruises brand possibly getting more ships, perhaps more ships for pullmantur and also to try to have a better fleet overall associated with Royal, i dont think anyone should be surprised with the vison class ships start going little by little.

Its my wish list,but i guess if there is any changes we will soon know it...But some ports is not so fast to update ;) And i will tell you if there coming any changes :)

Ok, thank you very much! Would be great to get informed from you, if there is anything new! :)

Surely Navigator will visit Norway some dates in 2016, of sailing from Southampton. :)

The Cadiz dry dock has been extremely popular with all lines. They could either go from Venice or move her over to the industrial port of Trieste to take on containers. They could add a sailing to Barcelona or Malaga even. Even the cabins they add are pre-fabricated in Europe.

Even with the recent Freedom dry dock, most of the containers put on the ship at Port Canaveral for the installation and re-furbishement were from Europe. Why ship everything over to the USA or Bahamas when they can be shipped to the dry dock in Europe directly and at substantial savings and with less advance time.

When I pulled into Barcelona on the Norwegian Spirit in Barcelona just prior to her Cadiz dry dock it was amazing to see all the trucks and cranes go to work on our arrival in Barcelona so they could have the crew work on the way down to Cadiz.

The two ships I have sailed on right out of Cadiz dry dock, the Vision of the Seas and the Serenade of the Seas were sure in good order right out of dry dock.

But it still costs a lot of money to cross the Atlantic twice. I guess time will tell.

For those thinking St Maarten will see 3 Oasis ships based on the cruise ship visits remember that Oasis still appeared as visiting while on dry dock leave in September and October 2014. 80% of Allure of the Seas calls while in Europe 2015 are still showing.

My guessing for the 3 home ports for Oasis Class 1 December 2016.

Fort Lauderdale

Port Canaveral

Asia

Edited by springaussie

But it still costs a lot of money to cross the Atlantic twice. I guess time will tell.

Sure it does. The speculation is only based on a ship currently ending up in Europe and not showing any current port bookings in the region. Much could still change.

I just hope that no matter what RCI keep a 3/4 day ship deployed to Miami.

While a Vision class does make sense, I understand why some might like a more 'substantial' presence there.

For those thinking St Maarten will see 3 Oasis ships based on the cruise ship visits remember that Oasis still appeared as visiting while on dry dock leave in September and October 2014. 80% of Allure of the Seas calls while in Europe 2015 are still showing.

My guessing for the 3 home ports for Oasis Class 1 December 2016.

Fort Lauderdale

Port Canaveral

Asia

Good point, could very well be discrepancies within the schedule regarding port calls of the three Oasis class ships. What would your guesses be about which ship goes were? If your speculation is right, here are my guesses...Oasis I to Asia, Allure staying in Fort Lauderdale, Oasis III to Canaveral.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Good point, could very well be discrepancies within the schedule regarding port calls of the three Oasis class ships. What would your guesses be about which ship goes were? If your speculation is right, here are my guesses...Oasis I to Asia, Allure staying in Fort Lauderdale, Oasis III to Canaveral.

I see it this way also..

All 6 of the Vision class of ships were built between 1995 and 1998. They are all nearing 20 years which seems about the age that Royal tends to keep its ships. With the introduction of so many larger high passenger count ships and the Saturation of the Caribbean market it would not surprise me to see all of the vision class gone in the next 5 years.

All 6 of the Vision class of ships were built between 1995 and 1998. They are all nearing 20 years which seems about the age that Royal tends to keep its ships. With the introduction of so many larger high passenger count ships and the Saturation of the Caribbean market it would not surprise me to see all of the vision class gone in the next 5 years.

I've had that thought before, too, but going with that sentiment, the older Voyager class ships are close to the same age range as the Vision class ships and I don't see them going anywhere for a good many years.

I'd expect to see Vision, Enchantment, Granduer, and Rbapsody in the fleet for 5-10 more years and Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure in the fleet for another 10-15 years.

There's more that can be done by way of refurbishments now than they dreamed of doing before. Between adding staterooms and amenities, I see the useful lives of the 90's-00's era ships being much longer than their predecessors.

I've had that thought before, too, but going with that sentiment, the older Voyager class ships are close to the same age range as the Vision class ships and I don't see them going anywhere for a good many years.

I'd expect to see Vision, Enchantment, Granduer, and Rbapsody in the fleet for 5-10 more years and Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure in the fleet for another 10-15 years.

There's more that can be done by way of refurbishments now than they dreamed of doing before. Between adding staterooms and amenities, I see the useful lives of the 90's-00's era ships being much longer than their predecessors.

I agree that the ships now can last well beyond the 20 year mark but how much money is Royal willing to invest in these smaller ships. Royal is more and more catering to families and new cruisers who want to go on the ships with all the bells and whistles. They are spending lots of money on the Voyager class ships so I definitely see that class sticking around. I just don't see them investing a whole lot into the vision class ships where they don't have the room to add as much to them.

A couple of them could stick around for more than the 5 years but I think that most will be gone.

Ok, thank you very much! Would be great to get informed from you, if there is anything new! :)

Surely Navigator will visit Norway some dates in 2016, of sailing from Southampton. :)

I just can't see a 3400 passenger ship with Florider, huge open air sports court, and an open Solarium (with no other indoor pool venue) serving well in Norway. What a waste. Norway much better suited for both Vision & Radiance Class... and Q class.

Something Big Is Definitely Coming To Canaveral.

While Listening To The Webcast From Vicki & Joanne Earlier This Week...They Mentioned that Canaveral Had The New Terminal One And It Could Hold Ships Larger Than The Freedom...And To Wait And See, And The New 2016/2017 Deployment Would Be Out In March.

Having To Guess:

I Say Oasis And Allure Stay In FLL...Why Mess With A Successful Plan?

I Also Think Ovation Is Coming To Canaveral

-Michael

I've had that thought before, too, but going with that sentiment, the older Voyager class ships are close to the same age range as the Vision class ships and I don't see them going anywhere for a good many years. I'd expect to see Vision, Enchantment, Granduer, and Rbapsody in the fleet for 5-10 more years and Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure in the fleet for another 10-15 years.

I agree that the ships now can last well beyond the 20 year mark but how much money is Royal willing to invest in these smaller ships. A couple of them could stick around for more than the 5 years but I think that most will be gone.

All great thoughts and all valid imo, Looking at the history of some ships, that 20 year mark sends them to "B" cruise-lines. I don't think it has to do with refurbishment as much as it does with respect to capital cost depreciation and when it hits it's 'zero' value point. Then there's insuring the vessel against any mechanical issues, loss of cruise time, compensating cruisers if thefe's a major malfunction, etc... kinda like buying a brand new car that you know will not need a major repair for many miles compared to a used car with 150,000 miles on it.

It was on the old deployment thread I think where it was mentioned a rumor about Legend following the X Century to CTtrip, and then maybe Splendour.

Grandeur seems to be "for sale" on that broker website... leaving the stretched Enchantment(97), Rhapsody(97) and Vision (98) remaining. Majesty lasted 23 years... the 3 Vision ships above would then get to 2020. They still have good life left imo! After all RCI need the smaller ships for must-do ports like Venice, Dubrovnik, Rio, Panama Canal, etc :)

However I do think Legend is not far behind leaving the fleet in the next couple of yrs (20 yrs old this year) and also knowing she is the most highly travelled ship (in distance) in the fleet and thus most "used". It also has the least pay extra venues and least bell & whistles, less than the newer Vision class ships