Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Something Big Is Definitely Coming To Canaveral.

While Listening To The Webcast From Vicki & Joanne Earlier This Week...They Mentioned that Canaveral Had The New Terminal One And It Could Hold Ships Larger Than The Freedom...And To Wait And See, And The New 2016/2017 Deployment Would Be Out In March.

Having To Guess:

I Say Oasis And Allure Stay In FLL...Why Mess With A Successful Plan?

I Also Think Ovation Is Coming To Canaveral

-Michael

Well for the same reason u want a new ship in port canaveral, I think Oasis 3 comes to FLL, royal needs to compete with Escape and Vista, NCL and carnival pump new ships in the south Florida market consistently, royal has stopped since allure. Amy Floridian that has wanted to go on oasis and allure has already they want something new

Vision of the Seas has just been booked for her 2016 transatlantic sailing and will leave Tampa on Saturday the 14th of April, 2016 and will stop in Key West on her way to Funchal, Madeira Portugal on the 26th of April and then on to Malaga, Spain on the 28th of April and arrive in Barcelona on the 30th of April.

It appears Vision will then sail from Barcelona on the 30th of April, 2016 stopping in Cannes on the 2nd of May, 2016 and then on to MED ports on the way to Venice, Italy where she appears to be home-ported for the summer of 2016.

The last sailing evidence for Vision in Europe at this point is a 12th of November sailing calling on Dubrovnik and Kusadasi..

It is unclear whether Vision is then deployed to Dubai at the end of November as was the case with Splendor or sent somewhere else.

While evidence of the Indy, Navigator, Brilliance and Rhapsody transatlantics are appearing at Funchal, Vision has no call booked at that port for a return transatlantic.

The deployment of Indy and Navigator to Southampton took another step forward now that calls have been booked at Funchal Madeira Portugal now.

It is unclear if Indy's final call in Funchal and going on to Tenerife represents her transatlantic in mid October.

Navigator appears to do a final sailing from Southampton mid-November and calls on Tenerife following her call on Funchal on the 13th of November 2016.

The Transatlantic of Rhapsody of the Seas seems to have been moved to 9 days earlier for a earlier move to Brazil for the South American season 2016-17. She now calls on Funchal and Tenerife in mid-November instead of late November.

Well for the same reason u want a new ship in port canaveral, I think Oasis 3 comes to FLL, royal needs to compete with Escape and Vista, NCL and carnival pump new ships in the south Florida market consistently, royal has stopped since allure. Amy Floridian that has wanted to go on oasis and allure has already they want something new

In all due respect, your post has South-Florida bias written all over it. While (some) South Floridians may have have sailed on Oasis and Allure, they still blow even the new Norwegian and Carnival competition out of the water. Royal Caribbean isn't feeling any pressure from Carnival and NCL in the Florida market, I assure you. Age isn't really even a factor. The new ships are in the same class as the existing. Aside from that, traveling passengers make up a larger percentage of cruisers than south Florida locals.

I can see Oasis going to Port Canaveral or Oasis III going to Port Canaveral. Either way, it doesn't make much difference. They're essentially the same ship and due to the passengers from the many Southeast metropolitan areas within driving distance of Port Canaveral and Port Everglades easy access to both MIA and FLL, either option will do well. The fact of the matter is, Port Canaveral is within driving distance to many more cities than Miami/FLL and within reasonable distance of a major international airport.

An Oasis class ship (whether new or the namesake of the class) will be in Podt. Canaveral.

I Say Oasis And Allure Stay In FLL...Why Mess With A Successful Plan?

I Also Think Ovation Is Coming To Canaveral

-Michael

I hope to God it is any Oasis class ship rather than Ovation or Anthem. I'd much rather have access to a wonderful Freedom class ship from Port Canaveral than a Quantum class. I'd be fine with them all staying overseas considering what we saw docked next to Quantum in December and the reviews posted since.

I would like to look at spring transatlantics. where can I learn when booking will open? I have called booking, but they tell me they don't know. :(

This is just a guessing thread on Royal Caribbean deployment.

One of the high ladies in Royal said bookings would start in March a few days ago. Everything will not be released the same time.

This is just a guessing thread on Royal Caribbean deployment.

One of the high ladies in Royal said bookings would start in March a few days ago. Everything will not be released the same time.

Thanks. I tried to go back thru my previous bookings, but haven't pinpointed a date. I know it's getting close. :D

I just can't see a 3400 passenger ship with Florider, huge open air sports court, and an open Solarium (with no other indoor pool venue) serving well in Norway. What a waste. Norway much better suited for both Vision & Radiance Class... and Q class.

Yeah, of course I also see Serenade operating on the Norway itineraries.

But in 2015 Explorer is also scheduled for Norway, and in the past, Adventure and Independence also have done Norway.

So why not Navigator in 2016 as well? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

However I do think Legend is not far behind leaving the fleet in the next couple of yrs (20 yrs old this year) and also knowing she is the most highly travelled ship (in distance) in the fleet and thus most "used". It also has the least pay extra venues and least bell & whistles, less than the newer Vision class ships

During the Captain's Corner on last fall's TA, the Captain made it sound like Legend's trip to Asia this year will be a one way affair.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm guessing that RCI will use the Celebrity Edge class design as a baseline for a class of ships to replace all Vision ships (and maybe even Radiance) in the next 5+ years (just like Quantum is heavily influenced by Solstice class ships).

I find this thread fascinating. It is clear all of you have studied itineraries and ports enough to see the patterns. Thanks for the entertainment.

What makes me roll my eyes are a few Florida cruisers on this thread. :rolleyes:

As if the world revolves around Florida. You need new ships because you are tired of the old ones. It is a shame you have so "few" choices. . . . OK go ahead and flame me--but, I just had to get that off my chest.

I really would wish that someone did already a Bermuda trip from Port Caneveral during summer. Floridians need other options.

I saw MSC did one cruise only from Miami to Bermuda that was interesting.

Ittins to the Bahamas and Caribbean are getting pretty stale.

We did Vision to King's Wharf last summer from Ft. Lauderdale. It was one of three they scheduled for Florida to Bermuda. Notice none are planned for this year. Guess it wasn't too successful.

R&D

I find this thread fascinating. It is clear all of you have studied itineraries and ports enough to see the patterns. Thanks for the entertainment.

What makes me roll my eyes are a few Florida cruisers on this thread. :rolleyes:

As if the world revolves around Florida. You need new ships because you are tired of the old ones. It is a shame you have so "few" choices. . . . OK go ahead and flame me--but, I just had to get that off my chest.

Actually the cruise world revolves around Florida!

I have to agree with Topo...and it's not because I live in Orlando.

It's mainly the fact that ALL Three big companies have their HQ's in Miami.

That said, yes, it's really DOES revolve around Florida

Edited by Mott1086

Yeah, of course I also see Serenade operating on the Norway itineraries.

But in 2015 Explorer is also scheduled for Norway, and in the past, Adventure and Independence also have done Norway.

So why not Navigator in 2016 as well? :)

You're right celeb_fan. I didn't think clearly on this one and I do remember the Indy/AOS itineraries. In fact I remember an AOS "Arctic Circle" itinerary if memory serves me correct. I still think NOS with Florider/Sabour/Boleros/open Solarium is a waste though :).

Looks like MadFlyer has further proof of Navigator making her way over to Europe, so let's say then, in my "wish-list" world that it's Adventure rather than NOS that maybe, just maybe, takes over for Majesty.... I had forgotten about the Key West issues with a Voyager Class ship being difficult to port there, so as Clarea had pointed out several times in the previous deployment thread, If Voyager Class does take over for Majesty perhaps Enchantment goes to Miami (in order to still have Key West as a port of call) and Adventure goes to PC (Nassau, Cococay, day at sea).

This will be a very interesting month to come :D

Hey Dragon, follow much of what SpringAussie, MadFlyer and several others come up with on the port schedules. In last year's thread, they had the Rhapsody redeployment away from Alaska/Oz pegged out about a month before it was announced with several ports of call traced through to Istanbul and Rome. There were several other ships that were also predicted correctly that we were all discussing... it was an awesome thread and topic to follow. Of course there were some we just couldn't figure out until the announcement. Celeb_fan has some great points and came up with the San Juan - Freedom Class possibility regarding the St. Maarten port schedule... just watch, that will likely be the case.

These people are doing a great job with this. You'll see several proposals here on this thread actual come true, and of course not 100% there'll be some likely surprises they just couldn't figure out.

Because of the success rate last year, and the amount of info coming from SpringAussie/Geoff/a few others overseas, it's hard to dismiss that Sydney/Malaysia/Hong Kong is not getting a larger than Voyager sized ship (he's mentioned Oasis several times)... this may be the surprise this year that these guys peg that no one here in North America is currently buying into. After all no one last year... and I mean no one... could have ever imagined Q being pulled away from Bayonne that quickly.

Edited by Hoopster95

We did Vision to King's Wharf last summer from Ft. Lauderdale. It was one of three they scheduled for Florida to Bermuda. Notice none are planned for this year. Guess it wasn't too successful.

R&D

Hi Pumb... I believe you're right with this comment. I followed these sailings as I was thinking of jumping on last minute. There were plenty of deals after final payment and they were also offered on the GGG Tuesday sales flyer. Like the heavily discounted NOLA sailings, RCI execs already said they don't want to discount pricing anymore, and these sailings just did not fill ships... so voila, they pulled the itineraries. Make total sense, they don't make money they pull the ships and take them elsewhere.

While this thread is for deployment and I do really hope that RCI do really maintain their market share in this crucial market with full Florida deployment, I just thought some facts are important to consider.

While it is true that the global interests behind the cruise industry did decide upon Florida as the natural home for the modern leisure based side of the industry the roots of the industry are of course much deeper than this.

The ships that spurred the growth of the cruise industry were heavily subsidized and built in shipyards kept afloat with all sorts of financial and other support from governments and other interests.

Disney is a Florida based publicly held cruise line. While it is true that the corporate offices of a few other major players are in Florida, this is a global industry.

Beside the Pritzger family of the Chicago based Hyatt Hotels, RCL for instance is most heavily held by Norwegian and Israeli interests.

NCL is held by Singapore/Malaysian based Star Cruises. The huge recent investments have mainly come from Asian interests. Star now has Regent and Oceana.

Carnival with corporate offices in Miami is a very interesting case now as they are starting their 9 brand marketing. They have only one of the brands fully based in Florida, with Holland America and Seabourn moved to Seattle, Princess out of LA, Cunard and P&O out of Southampton and AIDA/Costa out of Genova and Hamburg.

Add to this that the fastest growth sector in the industry river cruising is based in Europe with Viking River and the new Viking Ocean at Basel, Switzerland

MSC is privately held and based in Geneva, Switzerland

Crystal is Asian held and run from LA.

Silversea is based in Monaco....... and so on.

Looks like MadFlyer has further proof of Navigator making her way over to Europe, so let's say then, in my "wish-list" world that it's Adventure rather than NOS that maybe, just maybe, takes over for Majesty.... I had forgotten about the Key West issues with a Voyager Class ship being difficult to port there, so as Clarea had pointed out several times in the previous deployment thread, If Voyager Class does take over for Majesty perhaps Enchantment goes to Miami (in order to still have Key West as a port of call) and Adventure goes to PC (Nassau, Cococay, day at sea).

This will be a very interesting month to come :D

What you are suggesting then (see highlighted red area) is that two ships would be based in Miami for Royal....a Voyager class ship to replace Her Majesty and move Enchantment to Miami to do 3/4 day ititneraries keeping Key West as a stop. Therefore you are saying that the Voyager class ship replacing Her Majesty would also be doing 3/4 day itineraries -- just without Key West as a port stop. Somehow I would doubt that Royal would have 2 ships doing 3/4 day itineraries out of Miami.

Or am I reading what you meant incorrectly?

It does. But it also does get old hearing those who whine about having no decent cruises available but have a choice of 5 ports, umpteen ships among many cruise lines.

R&D

My thoughts exactly!

PS--I was not trying to get this thread on a tangent. Therefore, I will add that I would never have thought to look at some of theses port schedules to infer when a ship is making a particular sailing. [i.e. Tenerife for a TA] Thanks for the cruising 101 lesson. :)

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

During the Captain's Corner on last fall's TA, the Captain made it sound like Legend's trip to Asia this year will be a one way affair.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm guessing that RCI will use the Celebrity Edge class design as a baseline for a class of ships to replace all Vision ships (and maybe even Radiance) in the next 5+ years (just like Quantum is heavily influenced by Solstice class ships).

The idea of an Edge class ship makes a lot of sense as it could serve itineraries that are now Vision and Radiance's. I wonder if it would go through the re-done Panama Canal (i.e. fitting into the locks) and if RCI would build in telescoping funnels like the OA and QU class do to go under bridges including the one on the Pacific side of the Panama Canal. Looked at an announcement of the Edge Class ships and they quoted Michael Bayley, who is now CEO of RCI so that could influence ship-building decisions.

Vision of the Seas was just re-deployed in the past week to Europe, showing up at Riviera Ports, Venice and Kusadasi and her transatlantic was just booked yesterday with a call in Key West, Funchal and Malaga on her way to Barcelona.

A port agent calendar from Key West has indicated that Vision was the intended replacement for Majesty at the port of Miami.

http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?month=5&day=12&year=2016&crd=caribenautical&PHPSESSID=b9df65d7f42c76d02b80fd1c7a3d0fa7

They actually have booked a Miami ship past normal deployment and have the slot held until December of 2017.

While I am happy they had planned to leave a ship at Miami, the port calls have not yet been shifted to another ship.

If they have decided to bring Splendour over to replace Vision at Miami is still unclear.

Splendour was one of the first ships that RCI revitalized in the 'Now our best ship is every ship' renovations.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

Could it be that the decision was swayed by Splendour's success in the Brazilian and Latin American market along with having a Romero Britto Gallery onboard?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/romero-britto-and-royal-caribbean-a-true-work-of-art/

Brilliance will also call on Key West in November on her return TA and then every other Saturday throughout the Tampa home port season.

Edited by MADflyer