Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

The Allure gap from late August to mid-November might indicate another European mini-season with Allure crossing to Spain, doing a few short 5 or 7 day sailings with a mini-drydock at Cadiz and then crossing back. The gap is from August 27, 2017 to November 12, 2017.

My first thought was dry dock, but 3 months was too long. You're idea makes a lot of sense to me. What would the dry dock be for though? I assume it would include adding slides, but would they send her all the way to Europe just for that reason? Maybe they could get rid of the DD restaurants too? :p

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I don't understand why RCI aren't sending an Oasis Class to Barcelona in 2017 especially since OA and AL have done well and due to the success of OA class in Europe they are launching Harmony there in 2016. Wouldn't make sense if Allure was unprofitable this year.

It is very early and everything is always subject to change.

They look at total number of berths for the whole season. If they were to send Freedom with a mini-season for Allure, they would probably hold a pretty steady berth total, especially now that they were able to keep Rhapsody with European deployment.

The RCI port investments at Labadee and Falmouth along with St. Maarten are also helped by having a 3 Oasis class ship strategy.

Europe would have Oasis 4 in 2018 most likely and Southampton could get Quantum 4 for a season in 2019 as well.

My first thought was dry dock, but 3 months was too long. You're idea makes a lot of sense to me. What would the dry dock be for though? I assume it would include adding slides, but would they send her all the way to Europe just for that reason? Maybe they could get rid of the DD restaurants too? :p

I think their greatest incentive is always cabin 'enhancements'. When I saw those deck 4 solo cabins on Harmony, that led me to believe that they will add those to Allure and Oasis. If they are able to squeeze 30+ new cabins and suites on the ships they will.

Otherwise, I would see a move of the Diamond lounge to deck 4 and revision of the Champagne bars to Bionic Bars.

I think their greatest incentive is always cabin 'enhancements'. When I saw those deck 4 solo cabins on Harmony, that led me to believe that they will add those to Allure and Oasis. If they are able to squeeze 30+ new cabins and suites on the ships they will.

Otherwise, I would see a move of the Diamond lounge to deck 4 and revision of the Champagne bars to Bionic Bars.

Interesting ideas. So maybe they're planning to "Harmonize" the Oasis and Allure! I like it.

I assume with a move of the DL, Wonderland would also be added.

30-01 Tue 08:00 - 17:00 HARMONY OF THE SEAS

31-01 Wed 08:00 - 17:00 OASIS OF THE SEAS

01-02 Thu 08:00 - 17:00 HARMONY OF THE SEAS

Little odd that Harmony would stop there twice in the same week, But on a side note, this gives me a chance to start planning my 2018 cruise. Thanks for posting

30-01 Tue 08:00 - 17:00 HARMONY OF THE SEAS

31-01 Wed 08:00 - 17:00 OASIS OF THE SEAS

01-02 Thu 08:00 - 17:00 HARMONY OF THE SEAS

Little odd that Harmony would stop there twice in the same week, But on a side note, this gives me a chance to start planning my 2018 cruise. Thanks for posting

I noticed this and that is one reason I posted all the calls. My hope is that others might find some 'oddities'.

While I have only posted Oasis Class here now, they have booked all the other ships as well.

Adventure will sometimes call in that pattern, with a Friday and then Sunday call at St. Maarten.

If Harmony should do this, it would indicate a Wednesday embarkation / disembarkation at San Juan and that would be interesting news.

Edited by MADflyer

Dont you think it seems odd that they would send Allure back into dry dock before Oasis? Or maybe Allure is doing a completely different set of ports not including St Maarten for the time period between August and Novemeber? Just anotehr thought.

I noticed this and that is one reason I posted all the calls. My hope is that others might find some 'oddities'.

While I have only posted Oasis Class here now, they have booked all the other ships as well.

Adventure will sometimes call in that pattern, with a Friday and then Sunday call at St. Maarten.

If Harmony should do this, it would indicate a Wednesday embarkation / disembarkation at San Juan and that would be interesting news.

Wait, Did I miss something, I havent read all of this post but I hadnt heard that an Oasis class was going to San Juan. When did that come down? When is this happening?

Wait, Did I miss something, I havent read all of this post but I hadnt heard that an Oasis class was going to San Juan. When did that come down? When is this happening?

MADflyer is just speculating based on Tues and Thurs calls at St. Maarten. The only way that Harmony would be able to call on those days would be if she was home-porting in SJU, departing on Wednesdays.

IMO, that will not happen. Maybe they're booking Allure under the name Harmony?

Dont you think it seems odd that they would send Allure back into dry dock before Oasis? Or maybe Allure is doing a completely different set of ports not including St Maarten for the time period between August and Novemeber? Just anotehr thought.

Oasis could just do a Bahamas dry dock directly from Port Canaveral and just miss a couple of sailings.

The Allure option would be only to get a mini-season in Europe.

The required dry docks are mechanical and on specific cycles, while a revitalizations dry dock could always be scheduled.

For instance, they have just scheduled Mariner for March, 2017 dry dock even though she just had a 2014 dry dock.

Oasis, Allure and Harmony along with Anthem all have port calls scheduled for the 2016-17 season at San Juan.

This booking at St. Maarten is unique in that it would require a turn-around at San Juan if it were to be accurate.

Oasis could just do a Bahamas dry dock directly from Port Canaveral and just miss a couple of sailings. ....

I didn't think any of the docks at the Freeport facility were large enough to get the entire ship out of the water.:confused:

Edited by clarea

MADflyer is just speculating based on Tues and Thurs calls at St. Maarten. The only way that Harmony would be able to call on those days would be if she was home-porting in SJU, departing on Wednesdays.

IMO, that will not happen. Maybe they're booking Allure under the name Harmony?

Way too far out and could easily just be a mistake.

There has been a lot of 'chatter' in San Juan about Oasis/Quantum class since 2011. They finally got bookings for 2016-17 and there have been discussions about possible turn-around sailings.

http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/prnt_ed/can-puerto-rico-become-a-cruiseship-paradise-9400.html

There has been a lot of 'chatter' in San Juan about Oasis/Quantum class since 2011. They finally got bookings for 2016-17 and there have been discussions about possible turn-around sailings.

http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/prnt_ed/can-puerto-rico-become-a-cruiseship-paradise-9400.html

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of an Oasis Class ship in SJU. However, Wednesday as turnaround day doesn't make sense to me and that is why I question the port bookings.

I didn't think any of the docks at the Freeport facility was large enough to get the entire ship out of the water.:confused:

I do not know what facilities they need for adding cabins and water slides and revitalizing interiors. They just did the mechanical dry dock at Rotterdam.

The poster I was responding to asked why they would do Allure prior to Oasis and I have no way to know that this is the case. One reason could be that they will have both Harmony and Allure at PE.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of an Oasis Class ship in SJU. However, Wednesday as turnaround day doesn't make sense to me and that is why I question the port bookings.

I usually do not pay much attention to St. Maarten, but they sure helped to figure out the move of Oasis to PC this past season and guess they are the best clue we have for 2017-18 right now.

I do not know what facilities they need for adding cabins and water slides and revitalizing interiors. They just did the mechanical dry dock at Rotterdam.

The poster I was responding to asked why they would do Allure prior to Oasis and I have no way to know that this is the case. One reason could be that they will have both Harmony and Allure at PE.

I believe you are correct that they probably would not need to take the ship out of the water to do the changes you mentioned.

It just does not make sense. I guess the only way it could happen would be a PE-Curacao-San Juan for 10 days followed by a San Juan-Aruba-PE for another 10 day sailing.

Not trying to change the subject, but what is going on with Rhapsody in Nov 2016? I've been searching for cruises for Oct/Nov/Dec and just realized that her TA is still listed as Sold Out and her first cruise from Tampa is until 12/3. Is she going to dry dock? Or has RCI not made up their minds yet? Just curious.

Not trying to change the subject, but what is going on with Rhapsody in Nov 2016? I've been searching for cruises for Oct/Nov/Dec and just realized that her TA is still listed as Sold Out and her first cruise from Tampa is until 12/3. Is she going to dry dock? Or has RCI not made up their minds yet? Just curious.

The only clue is an old booking that is still on the books at Madeira ports for the 12th of November. This booking was there when the ship was still going back to Brazil though.

The Palma booking on that revised TA seem to have been cancelled.

That article is from Jan 2014. The proposed replacement of JW by NV in May 2015 certainly did not happen. There was chatter last year they were sending a Freedom class ship to SJU.....but that hasn't happened either. We love both JW and AD but would certainly appreciate ship rotation so we have "new shows" "new restaurants" "new slot machines", etc.

That article is from Jan 2014. The proposed replacement of JW by NV in May 2015 certainly did not happen. There was chatter last year they were sending a Freedom class ship to SJU.....but that hasn't happened either. We love both JW and AD but would certainly appreciate ship rotation so we have "new shows" "new restaurants" "new slot machines", etc.

Mr Ski is a slot player :what:

I imagined he was a shooter