Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Now that would be awesome.....any ship in NJ besides the Anthem as it is just too big and too impersonal and lacks a "ship" at sea feel, more like a big hotel. Vicki

I agree, it would be awesome. I think NYC is a great market for it. We'll see. Fingers crossed that it happens.

I'm not entirely sure an Oasis Class ship can even fit into NY Harbor...I remember some discussion about that awhile back, but I'm not sure.

But an Oasis Class ship would only really work in the summer sailing from NJ, as they're designed for warm weather, and I've seen many complaints about how when the weather gets bad and the outside activities shut down, the inside gets terribly crowded. Look at some reviews of the Oasis TA last year.

You do understand that Oasis is even bigger than Anthem?

I agree, it would have to be the summer only.

MY TA said there is talk of sending an Oasis class ship to NYC/NJ. Has anyone else heard this? It would be awesome for that area to finally get 2 ships for a decent amount of time.

Now that would be awesome.....any ship in NJ besides the Anthem as it is just too big and too impersonal and lacks a "ship" at sea feel, more like a big hotel. Vicki

I must be missing something here in Vikki's comment....I thought OA (OA class) was considerably larger than AN (Quantum class).

I believe I read somewhere that the Oasis does not have the ability to lower the telescoping stacks anymore. If that is the case, then she won't fit under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge which has a navigational clearance of 215'. The Oasis comes in at 236' with the stacks in the raised position.

Yes, that is my understanding, as well.

Do you guys happen to know if it's just Oasis that no longer has that capability, or is it the entire Oasis class (including Allure)?

For some unknown reason, Voyager's 2016 Asia IT hasn't come out yet and it is already November. Only one sailing is published so far and it is a HK to Singapore sailing in Oct 2016.

But when you check HK's Kai Tak cruise terminal schedule, Voyager's home port for Asia. Voyager's name is all over the place from May 17 to Oct 11.

So I wonder when will all those sailings go on sale.

Royal did confirm in a media release that "Voyager of the Seas will return for another season in Hong Kong in 2016"

Quantum and Ovation are also not sale in Asia 2016 but Mariner of the Seas has been on sale for 2 weeks now.

No documentation, but it is my understanding that both Oasis and Allure had the one-time capacity to lower the stacks, when they left the shipyard.

Oasis and Allure most definitely have the possibility to lower the stacks and with proper ballast can get the ship down to 65 meters height, below the Verrazano bridge's clearance of 69 meters. (this has been my understanding of the information available after both ships sailed out from the Baltic)

I am not sure if they have forgone that added cost by building Harmony and Oasis IV in France.

Whether they would want to go through that 'possible' maneuver, along with its added cost, on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule from Bayonne would be another question.

I would see Galveston getting an Oasis Class ship prior to Bayonne, unless there are other factors that make that impossible. I think getting Oasis class ships to Labadee and Falmouth and St. Maarten and maybe later Curacao Gran Cayman are more important to RCI than where they depart from.

Having Oasis Class on 7 day patterns for port operations and taking on provisions would also most likely become a factor.

Royal did confirm in a media release that "Voyager of the Seas will return for another season in Hong Kong in 2016"

Quantum and Ovation are also not sale in Asia 2016 but Mariner of the Seas has been on sale for 2 weeks now.

I am not sure how much the fact that the ships are 'chartered' by various travel companies that are given marketing rights to many of the sailing dates plays a factor in the release of China itineraries.

Do you guys happen to know if it's just Oasis that no longer has that capability, or is it the entire Oasis class (including Allure)?

I have gone back and tried to find where I read that the Oasis can't (or won't) lower the stacks. I honestly don't know if I read it on Cruise Critic or somewhere else, it was in the last year or so. However, I don't recall they have lowered the stacks since they passed under the Great Belt Bridge. I would think if they had lowered the stacks it would have been something that would have attracted some attention and reported about. The mechanism to accomplish the lowering would have needed maintenance and periodic operation if they intended to have this option available.

As far as the Allure, they have added another stack for the scrubbers outboard of the starboard funnel group, no idea if it is has a retractable capability. Since the new Oasis ships are not being built in Finland I would not think Royal would go to the added expense to fit them with retractable stacks... just guessing. That is of course unless their planned itinerary included low bridges.

I have seen video of the lowering of the stacks on the Quantum.

I am not sure how much the fact that the ships are 'chartered' by various travel companies that are given marketing rights to many of the sailing dates plays a factor in the release of China itineraries.

Correct, normally re-positioning cruises is the least likely to be chartered that is why only the last Asia sailing of Voyager has been released: the Hong Kong to Singapore one.

I guess they are careful now to not release the IT too early and ended up being chartered when many have already booked like what happened to me this year.

But now they are doing it at extreme, it is already Nov but the sailings are still not open to public pending charter opportunities...

So basically, all China, Japan, Korea, HK, Taiwan IT's of Voyager are still closed to public.

Edited by roquejo

• 4 weeks later...

We are planning to book a 12 day Ovation cruise from Beijing to Singapore on Nov 18, 2016 and I was looking for the next cruise. She shows up for a Sydney to NZ cruise of December 15.

So, do y'all think she is chartered for the Singapore to Sydney leg or might it show up a little later for bookings?

Would love to do a BTB but it's not looking good.

J

We are planning to book a 12 day Ovation cruise from Beijing to Singapore on Nov 18, 2016 and I was looking for the next cruise. She shows up for a Sydney to NZ cruise of December 15.

So, do y'all think she is chartered for the Singapore to Sydney leg or might it show up a little later for bookings?

Would love to do a BTB but it's not looking good.

J

Ovation is chartered by Cruiseco during that time. Itinerary is roughly Singapore - Fremantle - Hobart - Sydney and is available for sale now. You can buy shorter sectors too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ovation is chartered by Cruiseco during that time. Itinerary is roughly Singapore - Fremantle - Hobart - Sydney and is available for sale now. You can buy shorter sectors too.

Thanks for that info. I checked and they have Singapore to Freo and then a Freo to Sydney option. I had hoped a Singapore to Sydney was available at a better rate then they are offering with having to buy two different cruises.

Thanks for that info. I checked and they have Singapore to Freo and then a Freo to Sydney option. I had hoped a Singapore to Sydney was available at a better rate then they are offering with having to buy two different cruises.

As you're no doubt aware, it's the first visit of a Quantum class to Australia and it's a short season. We're booked on the Dec 30 NZ cruise from Sydney which is already booked out I believe. Probably no good deals on these cruises I'm afraid.

On a positive note, the extra capacity in the Aussie market from Ovation and Explorer plus other cruise lines does seem to be bringing some good deals on to the market compared to previous years.

As you're no doubt aware, it's the first visit of a Quantum class to Australia and it's a short season. We're booked on the Dec 30 NZ cruise from Sydney which is already booked out I believe. Probably no good deals on these cruises I'm afraid.

On a positive note, the extra capacity in the Aussie market from Ovation and Explorer plus other cruise lines does seem to be bringing some good deals on to the market compared to previous years.

Yes, that is true. I was researching a SYD - NZ cruise yesterday and the Aussie price is cheaper than the US price for the same cruise. Makes it substancially cheaper when paying in AUD with a US credit card account :D

I want Rhapsody for Eastern Mediterranean and Adriatic! :)

I already have the TA.

I want Radiance for Vancouver to Hawaii to Australia! :D

I will (not) patiently wait for March. :eek:

We are on the TA as well, plus the western before. Had not thought of staying on for med

I would see Galveston getting an Oasis Class ship prior to Bayonne, unless there are other factors that make that impossible. I think getting Oasis class ships to Labadee and Falmouth and St. Maarten and maybe later Curacao Gran Cayman are more important to RCI than where they depart from.

Having Oasis Class on 7 day patterns for port operations and taking on provisions would also most likely become a factor.

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus, please bring an Oasis class ship to Galveston. And if it could somehow stop in Labadee, that would be even better! Labadee/Grand Cayman/Cozumel would be great! Even if it only did 1 other port (Grand Cayman), that would still be fine with me!:D

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus, please bring an Oasis class ship to Galveston. And if it could somehow stop in Labadee, that would be even better! Labadee/Grand Cayman/Cozumel would be great! Even if it only did 1 other port (Grand Cayman), that would still be fine with me!:D

Having just arrived at Galveston last month with Liberty, I am not sure how I feel about the future of Galveston. It will be interesting to see how things flow when the new terminal finally opens and I have no idea about the length of that pier for an Oasis class ship.

That said, it was interesting how the Captain on Liberty kept saying that Liberty was moving to Galveston for 'a couple of seasons' on the repositioning cruise.

I see she is currently booked at Grand Cayman through May of 2018.

Unless Grand Cayman builds a pier, which is not too likely, Oasis/Allure/Harmony will not dock there. Can you imagine how long it would take to tender 6000+ passengers off and back on again?

Or am I missing something?

Unless Grand Cayman builds a pier, which is not too likely, Oasis/Allure/Harmony will not dock there. Can you imagine how long it would take to tender 6000+ passengers off and back on again?

The cable car proposal, 20,000 passengers an hour on 4 lines. :D

http://cruisefever.net/0821-grand-cayman-concept-cable-cars-to-replace-tenders/

You're not missing anything. Unless they build a pier (or the cable car thing :p), you won't see Oasis Class in Grand Cayman, to any tender port for that matter.

The captain on the Oasis last May stated that Royal is always looking to develop GC as a call for the Oasis Class, but I don't know how true that is.