Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

It is true that RCI policy does make B2B's a little of a hassle. Many lines do not make you even get off the ship. Some ships within RCI handle them better than others.

I was only trying to post an idea of how I thought they could better use having a third Oasis ship in Florida, especially while having one Ovation class there.

I sometimes miss how important the ports are in the Caribbean are for some and 7 day cruises may be necessary to keep them happy.

I guess the travel trade also likes the current 'if it is Saturday, it must be Oasis and If it is Sunday, it must be Allure mentality' as it is easier to sell, but I think the traveling public have variable needs, wants and desires that just are not always being met.

Edited by MADflyer

People on this forum are overly sensitive. everyone gets offended so easily because of someone elses opinion.

This is cruise forum, we are not debating politics or religion.

Amen! :rolleyes:

Edited by kruzerci

Was looking at my local port calendar today (Monterey) and it shows Jewel of the Seas here on Sunday May 15th 2016. So it looks like another season in Alaska.

http://monterey.org/en-us/Departments/Harbor-Marina/Cruise-Ship-and-Tall-Ship-Visits

That's a good find. We will be there in September

Also glad this thread is back on track of deployment

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

Was looking at my local port calendar today (Monterey) and it shows Jewel of the Seas here on Sunday May 15th 2016. So it looks like another season in Alaska.

http://monterey.org/en-us/Departments/Harbor-Marina/Cruise-Ship-and-Tall-Ship-Visits

Thanks for posting.

I had actually just found that for the first time on Saturday. As I had just found that, I was wondering, Have you been checking that link over time? Was that booking just recently made is what I am curious to find out....

I noticed they only booked the one Spring stop and wonder if this indicates anything about where Jewel goes after the Alaska season. Thanks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45534969&postcount=194

Excellent! Jewel's current final sail date scheduled is she arrives back to San Juan on April 3rd. then she'll hit drydock (for how long? At least 2 weeks like NOS or Freedom) and then does the Panama Canal right after... say April 17-May 1 (14 day) then maybe a Mexican Riviera or coastal before Alaska? There's a couple of weeks missing in there from May 1 to May 15 Monterey, can anyone fit the pieces to the puzzle?

Thanks for posting.

I had actually just found that for the first time on Saturday. As I had just found that, I was wondering, Have you been checking that link over time? Was that booking just recently made is what I am curious to find out....

I noticed they only booked the one Spring stop and wonder if this indicates anything about where Jewel goes after the Alaska season. Thanks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45534969&postcount=194

I check that link about once a month, as it indirectly relates to my job.

Sorry I missed the other post on the other thread...thought I had breaking news.

I check that link about once a month, as it indirectly relates to my job.

Sorry I missed the other post on the other thread...thought I had breaking news.

No problem. It is not easy to catch every post. I thought it was on this thread but might have posted it elsewhere.

So, that means that the booking is new. That is great.

There are a lot of 'historic' bookings and sometimes they lead us in the wrong direction.

Thanks for the info.

I second that. I am really hoping for more pacific coastal cruises like this year.

We are looking forward to the West Coast this year. 2 cruises and 8 days travelling in between. I do hope they do it again next year as we might do the Panama Canal to San Juan

So this would mean a Freeport dry dock for Jewel of the Seas.

Would not appear to be a Victoria dry dock like Radiance had in 2011.

So this would mean a Freeport dry dock for Jewel of the Seas.

Would not appear to be a Victoria dry dock like Radiance had in 2011.

That would have always made perfect sense considering she is booked to return for the last time on April 3rd to San Juan for the current deployment, just prior to the scheduled dry dock.

It will be interesting to see if she gets the same venues and solo cabins that they put on the other Radiance Class vessels.

Lately, I've been interested in Europe deployment. I noticed earlier in this thread, that Vision and Rhapsody are both calling at Dubrovnik. Does Royal have two ships calling there this upcoming (2015) season? From scanning itineraries, it doesn't appear that they do. I see that this year, Splendour sails from Venice (I would assume either Vision or Rhapsody is going to be the replacement for her), but what are your guess for the other ship calling in Dubrovnik? Itineraries from Rome maybe? But I see that both ships sometimes have Venice as their previous port of call? I wouldn't think that two ships would sail from Venice, correct? Maybe longer itineraries from Rome or Barcelona that call at both Venice and Dubrovnik?

I know that the itineraries will be released soon enough, but just wanted to put this up for discussion/questioning...

Lately, I've been interested in Europe deployment. I noticed earlier in this thread, that Vision and Rhapsody are both calling at Dubrovnik. Does Royal have two ships calling there this upcoming (2015) season? From scanning itineraries, it doesn't appear that they do. I see that this year, Splendour sails from Venice (I would assume either Vision or Rhapsody is going to be the replacement for her), but what are your guess for the other ship calling in Dubrovnik? Itineraries from Rome maybe? But I see that both ships sometimes have Venice as their previous port of call? I wouldn't think that two ships would sail from Venice, correct? Maybe longer itineraries from Rome or Barcelona that call at both Venice and Dubrovnik?

I know that the itineraries will be released soon enough, but just wanted to put this up for discussion/questioning...

Hmm, interesting point, interesting for me as well.

The 2015 season, Splendour calls regularly at Dubrovnik, and Vision mainly at Risan (Montenegro), but sometimes this stop is replaced by Dubrovnik.

Since Vision is calling at Dubrovnik every second Sunday, she seems to be the replacement for Splendour.

For Rhapsody, however, there are at least two possibilities:

-12 night Med runs from Barcelona - with regular calls on the Med route via Venice

-new, longer itineraries from Venice around spring/summer, and late summer/fall operating from Rome instead

For me the question arises, which ship will sail from Harwich, if Brilliance is doing the 12 night runs from Barcelona, not Rhapsody.

Edited by celebrity_fan

Hmm, interesting point, interesting for me as well.

The 2015 season, Splendour calls regularly at Dubrovnik, and Vision mainly at Risan (Montenegro), but sometimes this stop is replaced by Dubrovnik.

Since Vision is calling at Dubrovnik every second Sunday, she seems to be the replacement for Splendour.

For Rhapsody, however, there are at least two possibilities:

-12 night Med runs from Barcelona - with regular calls on the Med route via Venice

-new, longer itineraries from Venice around spring/summer, and late summer/fall operating from Rome instead

For me the question arises, which ship will sail from Harwich, if Brilliance is doing the 12 night runs from Barcelona, not Rhapsody.

Another good question. I think it was you who speculated about possibly Jewel going to Europe, but she appears to go to Alaska again. So I'm trying to figure out the 4 Radiance Class ships...

Jewel to Alaska

Radiance to Alaska

Brilliance either doing the 12 night Harwich sailings or 12 night Barcelona sailings

Serenade doing Northern Europe again

I know this has probably been mentioned, but its hard to find in a thread with so many posts, is there evidence that Brilliance is in the Med and not Northern Europe? I haven't seen any confirmation that Radiance is definitely in Alaska, but I guess we can assume that because there's really no ship to replace her?

Or, just thinking here, Quantum to Seattle and Jewel to Vancouver/Seward, with Radiance going to Europe! ;)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I do not think Rome has been updated the past few weeks. When they update there may be more clues.

While it appears at this point that Vision arrives at Venice with weekly Saturday sailings from May 2015, it looks like Rhapsody is maybe not fully home ported in Rome until her sailings every week from July on Sundays.

This could indicate a group of sailings that might go from Barcelona to Venice, Venice to Istanbul, Istanbul to Venice and then maybe into Rome, or not.

Some might also think that RCI go back to their former deployment where they had 2 ships based at Venice. But, if the weekly Rome departures from July hold, this does not seem as likely.

There should definitely be some interesting developments soon to say the least.

I do not think Rome has been updated the past few weeks. When they update there may be more clues.

While it appears at this point that Vision arrives at Venice with weekly Saturday sailings from May 2015, it looks like Rhapsody is maybe not fully home ported in Rome until her sailings every week from July on Sundays.

This could indicate a group of sailings that might go from Barcelona to Venice, Venice to Istanbul, Istanbul to Venice and then maybe into Rome, or not.

Some might also think that RCI go back to their former deployment where they had 2 ships based at Venice. But, if the weekly Rome departures from July hold, this does not seem as likely.

There should definitely be some interesting developments soon to say the least.

I really like that idea. I'd love to do a sailing from Barcelona or Rome to Venice, or the other way around!

What kind of itineraries did Royal offer when they had two ships in Venice? Did both ships sail to the Greek Isles/Turkey?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Or, just thinking here, Quantum to Seattle and Jewel to Vancouver/Seward, with Radiance going to Europe! ;)

I really think that Quantum could one day do just that. Whether it is in the 2016 season, I might not think so. 2017 is a whole other thing and depending what happens in regards to both marketing and ship building joint ventures in China could also have an impact.

I know everyone has RCI ripping out the newly constructed and key Quantum feature, the Music Hall, but I see a much more flexible solution to the ship that would allow the ship to move to the west coast at some point.

Another good question. I think it was you who speculated about possibly Jewel going to Europe, but she appears to go to Alaska again. So I'm trying to figure out the 4 Radiance Class ships...

Jewel to Alaska

Radiance to Alaska

Brilliance either doing the 12 night Harwich sailings or 12 night Barcelona sailings

Serenade doing Northern Europe again

I know this has probably been mentioned, but its hard to find in a thread with so many posts, is there evidence that Brilliance is in the Med and not Northern Europe? I haven't seen any confirmation that Radiance is definitely in Alaska, but I guess we can assume that because there's really no ship to replace her?

It was me who speculated that Jewel might sail from Harwich, but since Vision seems to sail from Venice in 2016, and not Alaska, Jewel more or less must do Alaska in 2016.

And I personally see Quantum staying in Asia, and Radiance and Jewel doing Alaska again...

The issue is that Brilliance is booked in Mediterranean ports, such as Villefranche or Cannes, and their lists have been updated last week.

But the cruise lists of Le Havre and Reykajavik also show up Brilliance, and they also have been updated the last few days - so there are some contradictions regarding Brilliance... :confused:

Lets assume:

-Brilliance from Harwich again --> Rhapsody or Splendour from Barcelona

-Brilliance from Barcelona --> Rhapsody from Venice on longer runs, maybe Adventure sailing from Harwich??

For me, that's still the tricky point... :rolleyes:

I really like that idea. I'd love to do a sailing from Barcelona or Rome to Venice, or the other way around!

What kind of itineraries did Royal offer when they had two ships in Venice? Did both ships sail to the Greek Isles/Turkey?

Royal tend to do these sailings only when positioning the ship from or to a transatlantic.

Historically cruise lines used to send the ships over to Lisbon on sailings and then just sail on the TA from there. I do not think Royal has done this, but it was a common luxury line move before.

I noticed that Celebrity sailing you were looking at on the other thread and that seems really ideal for some. The only evidence of these type of sailings with RCI are in May and November right now though.

Royal tend to do these sailings only when positioning the ship from or to a transatlantic.

Historically cruise lines used to send the ships over to Lisbon on sailings and then just sail on the TA from there. I do not think Royal has done this, but it was a common luxury line move before.

I noticed that Celebrity sailing you were looking at on the other thread and that seems really ideal for some. The only evidence of these type of sailings with RCI are in May and November right now though.

Yes, that's the ideal itinerary for me, and I may book with Celebrity for the first time because of it. I'd love for Royal to offer something like this, but as you said they seem to only pop up in early May or September/October, which aren't convenient times for me to cruise. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something like that from Royal, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If the itineraries end up being basically the same as they are in 2015, I may just end up booking that Celebrity sailing. :)

Differently.

-In 2010, Splendour (full summer season) and Vision (fall) were based in Venice, both sailed Greece and Turkey. Splendour on weekly runs, Vision roughly 10 nights.

-In 2011, Voyager and Splendour both sailed one week itineraries from Venice.

Voyager Adriatic Sea, Splendour Greece and Turkey.

-In 2013, Splendour again one week, and Legend longer runs, but only fall 2013... ;)

Could imagine RCI plans something like that again for 2016, if two ships will sail from Venice.

Vision 7 nights, Rhapsody longer runs...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app