Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

well I guess that scratches out Vision as a possible replacement for Majesty.

The biggest issue I see is that the Dubai to Venice sailing has been open for booking and I had suspected, but seen no confirmation that Splendour would stay in Venice at that point.

I do not see Splendour booked anywhere in Europe.

I am not sure what this indicates, if the Vision bookings hold.

Maybe Splendour heads to Cadiz for some sort of re-fit prior to crossing to Miami?

The biggest issue I see is that the Dubai to Venice sailing has been open for booking and I had suspected, but seen no confirmation that Splendour would stay in Venice at that point.

I do not see Splendour booked anywhere in Europe.

I am not sure what this indicates, if the Vision bookings hold.

Maybe Splendour heads to Cadiz for some sort of re-fit prior to crossing to Miami?

still got my fingers crossed for Jewel

I'd like to see the return of a British Isles cruise, either out of Southampton, Harwich, or Copenhagen. This used to be a regular itinerary through 2013. We wound taking the Freedom to the eastern Caribbean, because the British Isles cruise was dropped. And there is no British Isles cruise this year. I know Celebrity has British Isles cruises this year out of Amsterdam, but they are all 12 or 14 nights. That starts to use up the vacation days.

The only thing I can think of here is that they were forced to severely discount the Vision sailing on the 7th of August, 2013 offering insides for several weeks at just $599 for a 10 day. It was even further discounted on the Tuesday sales at that time.

I'd like to see the return of a British Isles cruise, either out of Southampton, Harwich, or Copenhagen. This used to be a regular itinerary through 2013. We wound taking the Freedom to the eastern Caribbean, because the British Isles cruise was dropped. And there is no British Isles cruise this year. I know Celebrity has British Isles cruises this year out of Amsterdam, but they are all 12 or 14 nights. That starts to use up the vacation days.

I sent an email asking the same question. I live near Edinburgh and Princess are sending better ships every year. We go over and watch the tenders coming in, no Rci although Vision has been once or twice. P&O are sending there new ship Britannia.

This year they have Royal Princess doing a 12 nighter. Msc also do this.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a reply. Not good for Rci as the Princess ships are sailing almost full.

Edited by bigeck

Ovation to Alaska in 2017 out of San Francisco. Mark my word. I've seen hints given from royal on Twitter and Richard fain when he did the technology reveal. I'm willing to bet money on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well.... Alaska sure has all the buzz for growth again right now and that would be a big reveal.

While summer 2017 will not be released until next year with RCI, this years deployment might need to get a ship lined up to do that in 2017.

I have sailed into SFO on a Panama Canal sailing a long time ago on a luxury line and that was sure a 'bucket list' experience.

Well.... Alaska sure has all the buzz for growth again right now and that would be a big reveal.

While summer 2017 will not be released until next year with RCI, this years deployment might need to get a ship lined up to do that in 2017.

I have sailed into SFO on a Panama Canal sailing a long time ago on a luxury line and that was sure a 'bucket list' experience.

We will be sailing into San Francisco three times this year on Jewel. While in the Navy I spent three shore tours in the bay area but never arrived from this perspective. Definitely looking forward to it. :)

Ovation is not due out till Fall. She may come straight to the US when complete.

Due to Meyer Werft, Ovation is due to be delivered in spring 2016.

So I see her sailing from Southampton.

Jewel surely does not sail the short runs from Miami. All Radiance Class ships surely sail longer cruises, since they are designed for that. Jewel I see sailing Alaska or Europe, and Caribbean from San Juan in winter...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by celebrity_fan

Due to Meyer Werft, Ovation is due to be delivered in spring 2016.

So I see her sailing from Southampton.

Jewel surely does not sail the short runs from Miami. All Radiance Class ships surely sail longer cruises, since they are designed for that. Jewel I see sailing Alaska or Europe, and Caribbean from San Juan in winter...

The 2013 annual report also lists Ovation being due in the 2'nd quarter (April - June) of 2016. I have vs been looking for the 2014 complete annual report to see if this has changed but RCCL has not released it yet.

If Ovation is released in Q2 I would expect it to sail from Southhampton for the summer before venturing to FLL for the winter with Anthem staying in Bayonne.

The 2013 annual report also lists Ovation being due in the 2'nd quarter (April - June) of 2016. I have vs been looking for the 2014 complete annual report to see if this has changed but RCCL has not released it yet.

If Ovation is released in Q2 I would expect it to sail from Southhampton for the summer before venturing to FLL for the winter with Anthem staying in Bayonne.

Exactly my thoughts as well!

IMHO it does not make any sense at all to transfer her to US, if she gets finished in Europe, just under logistic aspects.

Anthem surely sails from Cape Liberty, and second ship from Southampton should be Navigator.

Exactly my thoughts as well!

IMHO it does not make any sense at all to transfer her to US, if she gets finished in Europe, just under logistic aspects.

Anthem surely sails from Cape Liberty, and second ship from Southampton should be Navigator.

Well now I might have to re-consider...RCI and common sense:eek:

I have been using Cruise Industry News as a main source as they do analysis for the cruise industry and have to track the order-book in order to get these statistics correct for their industry publications.

They list Ovation as

Royal Caribbean Ovation $950 167,000 4,100 Meyer TBA "Mid 2016"

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/cruise-ship-orderbook.html

As they have both Anthem and Oasis III on 'spring' and Anthem sails first in April, 2015.

The Viking Star of Viking Ocean Cruises is also listed as "mid 2016" and she has her maiden voyage on June 24, 2016.

I have been using Cruise Industry News as a main source as they do analysis for the cruise industry and have to track the order-book in order to get these statistics correct for their industry publications.

They list Ovation as

Royal Caribbean Ovation $950 167,000 4,100 Meyer TBA "Mid 2016"

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/cruise-ship-orderbook.html

As they have both Anthem and Oasis III on 'spring' and Anthem sails first in April, 2015.

The Viking Star of Viking Ocean Cruises is also listed as "mid 2016" and she has her maiden voyage on June 24, 2016.

Q2 could be as late as June so that could be considered mid 2016 which would agree with the report in cruise industry news.

Personally I would put more stock in the information contained in the Annual report than I would with what is listed on the website or a press release.

Great to see some good possibilities put up while I have been asleep.

Royal are certainly trying to confuse the opposition.

1 June 2016 guesses.

Ovation to replace Anthem in New York.

Anthem or Quantum with Jewel in Alaska

Oasis to Asia

Oasis 3 Med

Radiance Harwich

Brilliance Barcelona

Independence and Navigator Southampton

Serenade Copenhagen

Rhapsody Rome

Splendour to be sold or transferred

Looks like Rhapsody will be continuing to do the seasonal South America deployment in late 2016/early 2017. The Buenos Aires port website shows Rhapsody making weekly calls there from December 2016-mid February 2017 and then making one last call in March 2017.

http://www.puertobuenosaires.gob.ar/ver_archivos/cruceros-post-proxima/31.pdf

Great to see some good possibilities put up while I have been asleep.

Royal are certainly trying to confuse the opposition.

1 June 2016 guesses.

Ovation to replace Anthem in New York.

Anthem or Quantum with Jewel in Alaska

Oasis to Asia

Oasis 3 Med

Radiance Harwich

Brilliance Barcelona

Independence and Navigator Southampton

Serenade Copenhagen

Rhapsody Rome

Splendour to be sold or transferred

What about Splendour going to Miami to replace Majesty?

Sorry, Splendour's passenger capacity at max is 2074. Majesty at its mimimum number of passengers is 2390 and at max is 2744.....I can't imagine a ship with that few passengers replacing Her Majesty.....the 3/4 day itineraries are cash cows -- they won't be if they put a ship Splendour's size there.

This thread is fascinating.

I can't wait for the schedules to be released so we can see who got it right. :D

There's not a whole lot for me to book for 2016 - 2017 other than my possible fall Caribbean cruise, unless something interesting pops up for early 2017, like maybe bringing back the partial Panama Canal itinerary out of Ft. Lauderdale. :rolleyes: That would be awesome.

Then again...I hadn't planned on booking anything for fall 2015 when those came out, but ended up booking something because it was too awesome not to (my fall Quebec - Ft. Lauderdale cruise)

I am curious to see what spring 2017 brings, only because there might be similar ships/ports in spring 2018 which will be my next "major" cruise vacation for a milestone birthday :eek:

When I was on the Grandeur 2 weeks ago, I asked at the captains corner if there was "any truth to the rumor that the Enchantment would replace Majesty, and Grandeur would replace Enchantment, or would the Grandeur stay in Baltimore?" All the hotel director and Captain said was that "Royal was committed to it's relationship with baltimore" Not confirming or denying the rumor, but this led some of us to believe that Grandeur might be leaving Baltimore and another Vision class ship might be calling it home. Our waiter said something about the Jewel but unfortunately any class bigger then Vision can't fit under the bridge :( bummer I would love to have a Radiance class ship call Baltimore home

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, Splendour's passenger capacity at max is 2074. Majesty at its mimimum number of passengers is 2390 and at max is 2744.....I can't imagine a ship with that few passengers replacing Her Majesty.....the 3/4 day itineraries are cash cows -- they won't be if they put a ship Splendour's size there.

On the contrary, I can completely see them putting Splendour in place of Majesty. Majesty is absolutely a cash cow, there's no denying that, however if they replaced her with a ship with slightly lower cabin capacity and more amentities, they would likely be able to break away from the cheap last minute fares to sell off those remaining cabins.

Utilizing Splendour, they could probably make up for the loss of occupancy with slightly higher fares. Simple supply and demand.