Just off Celebrity Summit on B2B--Questions anyone?

ladytaekwondo

First of all - I hope you had an amazing time :)

We'll be on the Summit for the first time in May - going to Bermuda. It's actually our first time in Celebrity.

Just wondering how late the bars and entertainment venues were open into the night. We're certainly not late-night party people, but sometimes sleep doesn't come very easily, and I was wondering if there were places to go on the ship "after hours" to just hang out.

My husband and I will be on the summit in 4 weeks. Like DinaS, I'm wondering what kind of entertainment there is at night and how late. Also, did you eat at Qsine? I'm trying to talk my husband into it, but he's not convinced. Did they offer any discounted nights? If so, how much? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So excited to be on the Summit in 22 days! Woo hoo!! I was wondering what the shows were...I'm assuming there will be the standard Broadway/Hits show but are they still doing Sirens? (please say no!).

Also, was there a new entertainment show/option called iMagic? I heard something about this somewhere but I can't seem to find any details.

Thanks! Looking forward to the review!!

How was it handled? Did you have to disembark and reembark? Could you stay on the ship? Were you invited to lunch in a specialty testaurant? Each ship is different. Like to know how Summit handles it. I will be doing a pair of cruises. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

So excited to be on the Summit in 22 days! Woo hoo!! I was wondering what the shows were...I'm assuming there will be the standard Broadway/Hits show but are they still doing Sirens? (please say no!).

Also, was there a new entertainment show/option called iMagic? I heard something about this somewhere but I can't seem to find any details.

yes Sirens is still one of the shows and they did iMagic as a show. Sorry to say I did not like either of them. I was on the Jan. 24th sailing. But as each person tastes are different maybe you will like them.

How was it handled? Did you have to disembark and reembark? Could you stay on the ship? Were you invited to lunch in a specialty testaurant? Each ship is different. Like to know how Summit handles it. I will be doing a pair of cruises. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Our turnaround day for our Summit B2B was 1/24/15. There were about 250 people doing the B2B. We met in the Rendezvous Lounge about 10:30 am and they checked to be sure that everyone whose name was on the B2B list was present. After that was done, we walked off the ship in a group to the empty customs hall.

After a few minutes of standing in line, we walked past the immigration/border security officer who looked at each passport (we had our transit pass available as well) and we immediately went back onto the ship during which time we were issued a new keycard for our room/charges. The entire process took about 45 minutes as I recall.

Since it was such a large group, we were all invited for a special luncheon in the main dining room. We had a special menu with a nice selection of luncheon items and the food was quite good. If you didn't want to do that, you could go to the buffet or, I assume, to the Bistro on Five. I think we were back on the ship about 11:30 am and went directly to the main dining room.

There was a meeting a day or two in advance for all persons doing the B2B to have the chance to ask questions and get a full explanation of the process for different scenarios: 1) going on a shore excursion and leaving early in the morning, 2) staying on the ship, 3) going off on your own, 4) changing rooms, 5) staying in the same room, etc. (They even had a separate meeting for German speaking passengers of which there were 60 doing the B2B).

Everything seemed to go smoothly (although we heard the week before there were problems). That seemed to be the reason they held a special meeting a day or two in advance, so that our B2B would go smoother. It was important to attend this meeting as they verified everyone who attended was on their B2B list. It turned out that some people were not on the list (no one knew why) and they had to be added. This was important because if you were not on the list, you were not issued a "transit pass".

About the time the luncheon was over, an announcement was made that the cabins were available which was about 1 pm. All in all, it was handled well as far as we were concerned.

Questions?

Two questions:

How many outlets are there in the cabin?

Did you get actual soap or just shower gel?

Looking forward to your review!

We had two outlets for American style plugs and two outlets for European style plugs, on either side of the desktop in front of the mirror in the room. There were no outlets in the bathroom but that might have been because we were in a handicapped cabin. Someone else will have to answer for a standard cabin.

We had two outlets for American style plugs and two outlets for European style plugs, on either side of the desktop in front of the mirror in the room. There were no outlets in the bathroom but that might have been because we were in a handicapped cabin. Someone else will have to answer for a standard cabin.

Thanks! Last ship we were on only had one outlet. I can work with two. :)

Our turnaround day for our Summit B2B was 1/24/15. There were about 250 people doing the B2B. We met in the Rendezvous Lounge about 10:30 am and they checked to be sure that everyone whose name was on the B2B list was present. After that was done, we walked off the ship in a group to the empty customs hall.

After a few minutes of standing in line, we walked past the immigration/border security officer who looked at each passport (we had our transit pass available as well) and we immediately went back onto the ship during which time we were issued a new keycard for our room/charges. The entire process took about 45 minutes as I recall.

Since it was such a large group, we were all invited for a special luncheon in the main dining room. We had a special menu with a nice selection of luncheon items and the food was quite good. If you didn't want to do that, you could go to the buffet or, I assume, to the Bistro on Five. I think we were back on the ship about 11:30 am and went directly to the main dining room.

There was a meeting a day or two in advance for all persons doing the B2B to have the chance to ask questions and get a full explanation of the process for different scenarios: 1) going on a shore excursion and leaving early in the morning, 2) staying on the ship, 3) going off on your own, 4) changing rooms, 5) staying in the same room, etc. (They even had a separate meeting for German speaking passengers of which there were 60 doing the B2B).

Everything seemed to go smoothly (although we heard the week before there were problems). That seemed to be the reason they held a special meeting a day or two in advance, so that our B2B would go smoother. It was important to attend this meeting as they verified everyone who attended was on their B2B list. It turned out that some people were not on the list (no one knew why) and they had to be added. This was important because if you were not on the list, you were not issued a "transit pass".

About the time the luncheon was over, an announcement was made that the cabins were available which was about 1 pm. All in all, it was handled well as far as we were concerned.

Questions?

I also meant to say that I posted our experience to allow a comparison to the experience of Ladytaekwondo on her B2B. I am interested to see if there is consistency now with how this is handled as we have another B2B scheduled on the Summit.

Summit Questions

So nice to have you ans. questions for us!

My Question 1: do you have to pre-book any shows (ie. RCL Oasis & Allure)?

2. is there a theater or just screen set up for any movies shown?

I have only cruised Celebrity once, but there was not pre-booking for shows nor have I heard of that being done on Celebrity. I think RC began that on the Oasis class due to multiple smaller theater venues. That is frankly why the Allure was my last cruise on RC. I found that the hassle involved in pre-booking for a small group or wasting my time standing in the wait-list line for the no shows was too much aggravation for what is supposed to be a relaxing vacation. The introduction of "Dynamic Dining" just confirmed my decision.

I was on the Summit from January 17th through 24th and here were the evening shows in the theatre:

January 17th: Welcome Aboard Show featuring Juggler Michael DuBois

January 18th: Captain’s Gala Toast & Celebrity Showtime: Stars in their eyes (tribute to legendary stars and their unforgettable music)

January 19th: Vocalist Jayne Curry

January 20th: iMagic (iMagic is an innovative and ground breaking show that explores the work of history’s greatest illusionist using the latest technology. iMagic brings the wonderment of childhood to the technology of the future) – their words not mine

January 21st: Sirens (Join an unsuspecting pirate crew as three mystical mermaids invite you under the sea to a night of burlesque and fantasy)

January 22nd: Comedian Michelle Balan

Sorry, I can’t find the daily for the 23rd, think my dog might have eaten it as payback for me going on vacation. If I do come across it, I'll post what that show was.

So nice to have you ans. questions for us!

My Question 1: do you have to pre-book any shows (ie. RCL Oasis & Allure)?

2. is there a theater or just screen set up for any movies shown?

1. No pre-booking shows. Just show up. Most shows are performed twice each night.

An advantage to Select dining is the flexibility of having your choice of attending either the early or late show.

There are good sight lines in the theater, with very few bad seats.

2. The Summit had a very nice movie theater with comfortable tiered seating, but unfortunately it was removed when they decided to add more revenue generating cabins to the ship.

So now they will sometimes show movies in the regular theater, and occasionally on a big screen outdoors up on deck 12 in nice weather. There are always the movies available on the TV in the cabin.

Once in a while they even try to show one on a screen in the new conference center, which is really a bad place to try to watch a movie unless you are seated up close to the front (or are very tall) because it has uncomfortable seating that is all on one level.

For those passengers on a b2b and have different cabins...when do they move? Does the move take place before the 10:30 muster? We want to take a jaunt to El Yunque and need to get a handle on the timing issues. And, can b2b passengers in the same cabin access their cabin before the open corridor announcement?

I appreciate your response. Thank you.