Internet packages on the Allure

palaemon

Does anyone have current information about the Internet packages? I heard they had an unlimited, but I was wondering if they had a daily? And also any speed information would be also nice. (Just you know how worth it it would be)

Sailing Allure of the Seas - 2/15/2015

Does anyone have current information about the Internet packages? I heard they had an unlimited, but I was wondering if they had a daily? And also any speed information would be also nice. (Just you know how worth it it would be)

see this thread.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157874&highlight=allure

Thank you. That's a great help - but it only listed pricing for 2 devices.

We're on the Allure now and will be staying on for the February 8 cruise as well. The internet prices turned out to be cheaper than I had seen listed previously. I've just gone online and checked prices as if we were signing up now.

Premium Plus Voyage Plan - 2 devices $245 1 device $195

Premium Plus Daily Plan - $60 - Continuous for one day and expires in 24 hours

Premium Plus Hourly Plan - $35 - 60 minutes that can be used gradually throughout the cruise, making sure you log out each time.

Premium Voyage Plan - 2 devices $150 1 device $115

Premium Daily Plan - $45 - Continuous for one day and expires in 24 hours

Premium Hourly Plan - $25 - 60 minutes that can be used gradually throughout the cruise

Basic Voyage Plan - 2 devices $120 1 device $85

Basic Daily Plan - $32 - Continuous for one day and expires in 24 hours

Basic Hourly Plan - $20 - 60 minutes that can be used gradually throughout the cruise.

Because I'm looking at the prices today, the second last day of the February 1 sailing they also have the following special offers:

2 Day Premium Deal - $59 48 hours of unlimited internet access for 2 straight days for 1 device

1 Day Premium Deal - $36 24 hours of unlimited internet access for 1 device

I signed up for the Premium Voyage Plan - 1 device for $115 and got Diamond C & A discount of $29.95 so it only cost me $85.05 for a full week of unlimited internet - great value compared with other cruises we've been on.

I had read earlier threads comparing the 3 different speeds available and the general consensus was that the middle plan - "Premium Voyage Plan" was as good as most of us will need so I went for that. I've been pleased with the speed of the Premium plan for web browsing, uploading photos to Facebook, listening to streaming radio from Australia etc. and I will get the same plan for our Feb 8 cruise.

For anyone with Diamond C & A the offer for internet is 1 hour of free internet or $29.95 off any internet purchase.

Sine we're also on the February 8 sailing, if the prices are different to these I'll post the info here.

Ken

Edited by Koz1

Awesome!!

Thank you!

What's Diamond C&A? How do I get that? I'm guessing it's Crown & Anchor? And I'm also guessing it's more than my first RCCI cruise. lol

You are correct. It's Royals Crown and Anchor points program You need 175 days at sea with Royal Caribbean to get there. Good Luck. :)

You are correct. It's Royals Crown and Anchor points program You need 175 days at sea with Royal Caribbean to get there. Good Luck. :)

Is that over all? or within a certain timeframe?

Although it doesn't matter - that's 25 7-night cruises. We won't do more than one a year, so that's mute (25+ years)

Edited by palaemon

Is that over all? or within a certain timeframe?

Although it doesn't matter - that's 25 7-night cruises. We won't do more than one a year, so that's mute (25+ years)

There's no time limit. We've only gotten to go every 4 years and our points from 12 years ago are still good. As a matter of fact after our Allure cruise next year we will move up to the second level, Platinum (30 points). Right now we are at Gold. You get Gold after your first cruise.

Awesome!!

Thank you!

What's Diamond C&A? How do I get that? I'm guessing it's Crown & Anchor? And I'm also guessing it's more than my first RCCI cruise. lol

175 points are required for Diamond Plus and it's 80 for Diamond. After your first cruise you'll be Gold.

The points required for the different Crown and Anchor levels are:

Gold 3

Platinum 30

Emerald 55

Diamond 80

Diamond Plus 175

Pinnacle Club 700

Full details are here:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.au/cas/benefits.do

We're on the Allure now and will be staying on for the February 8 cruise as well. The internet prices turned out to be cheaper than I had seen listed previously. I've just gone online and checked prices as if we were signing up now.

Premium Plus Voyage Plan - 2 devices $245 1 device $195

Premium Plus Daily Plan - $60 - Continuous for one day and expires in 24 hours

Premium Plus Hourly Plan - $35 - 60 minutes that can be used gradually throughout the cruise, making sure you log out each time.

Premium Voyage Plan - 2 devices $150 1 device $115

Premium Daily Plan - $45 - Continuous for one day and expires in 24 hours

Premium Hourly Plan - $25 - 60 minutes that can be used gradually throughout the cruise

Basic Voyage Plan - 2 devices $120 1 device $85

Basic Daily Plan - $32 - Continuous for one day and expires in 24 hours

Basic Hourly Plan - $20 - 60 minutes that can be used gradually throughout the cruise.

I signed up for the Premium Voyage Plan - 1 device for $115 and got Diamond C & A discount of $29.95 so it only cost me $85.05 for a full week of unlimited internet - great value compared with other cruises we've been on.

Sine we're also on the February 8 sailing, if the prices are different to these I'll post the info here.

Ken

For anyone sailing on the Allure soon the prices are even cheaper for this week, sailing February 8, compared with last week. Last week there were three different speed levels available and this week they are only offering one speed - the highest speed, at a price lower than I paid for the middle speed last week.

The prices are now:

Voyage Plan for 2 devices $140 1 device $105

With download speeds never before seen at sea, this package lets you do it all from streaming movies to live video calls, downloading large files and more.

Voyage Daily Plan $29.95 (24 hours of continuous access)

Voyage Hourly Plan $29.95 (60 minutes to be used throughout the cruise)

I asked at the desk on deck 5 selling the internet package and he said he's been told these new prices will be the same for the foreseeable future.

I took photos of the screen at the desk promoting the internet packages and also of the screen on my iPad when I was choosing a plan, both showing details of the plans available, and I've attached them here. The second photo shows prices before and after the Diamond discount has been applied.

While I was at the desk someone asked what the discount is for Emerald and was told 15% and I got a Platinum 15% discount when on the Navigator last August and that unlimited 7 day package was around $160 before the discount. The internet speed on that cruise was very slow.

There are not many ships yet with this new fast internet so I have no idea what prices will be on other ships. I'm pleased that prices are dropping on the Allure. Maybe they are trying different price points to see how many more sign up with lower prices.

Ken

Please note: I'm sorry the quality of the second photo is not very good. I've been trying to resize to keep within the file limit size of Cruise Critic but the quality has come out a bit fuzzy.

Allure Internet prices 08 Feb 2015.pdf

Allure Internet prices 08 Feb 2015 - 02.pdf

Edited by Koz1

Ken,

Thanks so much for this updated info! We sail next Sunday and just turned Diamond. Would you say this new faster speed would work for FaceTime?

Thanks,

Ali

Hi Ali,

We used the middle speed last week for a 45 minute Skype chat back to Australia and the quality was great - the video quality was really clear and didn't break up at all. With the new speed it should be even better since they say you can stream movies and do live video calls.

Especially with the Diamond discount making it $75.05 it's a bargain for a full week of unlimited access but even without any discounts paying $105 for a week is great value compared with what I've had to pay on other ships and the speed is so much better here. I have the 1 device package and swap between my iPad and laptop computer. They say to log out of one device when you want to log onto another device but you just need to sign in on the new device and it disconnects you from the previous device.

Ken

Edited by Koz1

For anyone sailing on the Allure soon the prices are even cheaper for this week, sailing February 8, compared with last week. Last week there were three different speed levels available and this week they are only offering one speed - the highest speed, at a price lower than I paid for the middle speed last week.

The prices are now:

Voyage Plan for 2 devices $140 1 device $105

With download speeds never before seen at sea, this package lets you do it all from streaming movies to live video calls, downloading large files and more.

Voyage Daily Plan $29.95 (24 hours of continuous access)

Voyage Hourly Plan $29.95 (60 minutes to be used throughout the cruise)

I asked at the desk on deck 5 selling the internet package and he said he's been told these new prices will be the same for the foreseeable future.

I took photos of the screen at the desk promoting the internet packages and also of the screen on my iPad when I was choosing a plan, both showing details of the plans available, and I've attached them here. The second photo shows prices before and after the Diamond discount has been applied.

While I was at the desk someone asked what the discount is for Emerald and was told 15% and I got a Platinum 15% discount when on the Navigator last August and that unlimited 7 day package was around $160 before the discount. The internet speed on that cruise was very slow.

There are not many ships yet with this new fast internet so I have no idea what prices will be on other ships. I'm pleased that prices are dropping on the Allure. Maybe they are trying different price points to see how many more sign up with lower prices.

Ken

Please note: I'm sorry the quality of the second photo is not very good. I've been trying to resize to keep within the file limit size of Cruise Critic but the quality has come out a bit fuzzy.

Ken,

That is amazing news. Thank you so much. We're sailing on the Allure next Sunday.

What's the "coupon" that shows on your second PDF?

Or is that just a C&A discount?

Dave

Ken,

That is amazing news. Thank you so much. We're sailing on the Allure next Sunday.

What's the "coupon" that shows on your second PDF?

Or is that just a C&A discount?

Dave

Dave,

Yes the "coupon" that shows is my C&A discount of $29.95 off any package. Even without the discount though it's still a great price compared to what I've paid previously for much slower internet.

Edited by Koz1

Dave,

Yes the "coupon" that shows is my C&A discount of $29.95 off any package. Even without the discount though it's still a great price compared to what I've paid previously for much slower internet.

I wholeheartedly agree! So much better. And that's s great perk for those too!

I hope these are in fact the same prices when we sail this Sunday.

I hope the prices do stay the same for you for your cruise next Sunday. Last night I asked at the Internet kiosk on the Promenade where they are promoting the internet packages if the prices will be the same next week and he said that as far as he knows they will be the same.

Last night they were selling a package for the last 3 days of the cruise for $59.95 for 1 device but if you want internet for the whole cruise you may as well pay the $105 on the first day.

To sign up when you board you don't need to go to a kiosk, just connect to "Royal WiFi" and you will be taken to a login screen where you put in your details and select a plan.

Wow, this is great!

Do you stay logged on when you turn your device screen off or is it one of those types of access where every time you turn on your device you have to agree to the terms and conditions?

The reason I ask is because, at this price, I think this is the solution to keeping in touch with the group we're traveling with, but only if e-mails and messages will ding immediately, even if my phone is in my purse.

Wow, this is great!

Do you stay logged on when you turn your device screen off or is it one of those types of access where every time you turn on your device you have to agree to the terms and conditions?

The reason I ask is because, at this price, I think this is the solution to keeping in touch with the group we're traveling with, but only if e-mails and messages will ding immediately, even if my phone is in my purse.

You will stay connected until you log off, your device's WiFi is turned off, or another device is logged in with your username/password and exceeds your device limit.

Edited by clarea

You will stay connected until you log off, your device's WiFi is turned off, or another device is logged in with your username/password and exceeds your device limit.

Perfect! I'll let the other families know this an option for keeping in touch.