Question about pack and play offer

chip2552

What happens if I book a cruise offer with the person who has the special offer and then they can't come on the cruise for some reason like work? Do we just lose the money for his part or is it different because it was a special offer?

What happens if I book a cruise offer with the person who has the special offer and then they can't come on the cruise for some reason like work? Do we just lose the money for his part or is it different because it was a special offer?

Would you still go on the cruise? You would need to call Carnival and see how that works, I don't know if you could board without the person who is the main person on the booking.

I actually called 20 min ago and they said it wouldn't be a problem at all. All that would happen is you would forfeit his portion of the fare. It does sound like a great idea to get it in writing though. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The person on the pack and play offer has to be in the cabin booked. Have you reached final payment due date yet?

The person on the pack and play offer has to be in the cabin booked. Have you reached final payment due date yet?

Not necessarily true. I can't say whether or not they have to board the ship, but they do not have to remain in the room. The way most people are doing the Pack and Play offer, to allow friends or family to go, is if two people get it, for example, and four want to go - they book the two in separate rooms, each with one of the people who do not have it. After boarding the ship, they can go to guest services and switch rooms - so it might end up with the two with the offer are in one room, and the two without the offer are in one room. The offer is still in effect, including the OBC. Our PVP confirmed this, and we did this in December to allow family to travel with us.

Edited by Cruisin'Doc

You wouldn't even need to go to guest services and switch rooms, really. I mean, unless there is some issue with what credit card is assigned to what room. They don't care what cabin you sleep in, they aren't going to come check and make sure you are sleeping in your assigned cabin. (with the obvious exception of sleeping in a cabin you aren't invited in, lol)

Edited by BigB0882

Not necessarily true. I can't say whether or not they have to board the ship' date=' but they do not have to remain in the room. The way most people are doing the Pack and Play offer, to allow friends or family to go, is if two people get it, for example, and four want to go - they book the two in separate rooms, each with one of the people who do not have it. After boarding the ship, they can go to guest services and switch rooms - so it might end up with the two with the offer are in one room, and the two without the offer are in one room. The offer is still in effect, including the OBC. Our PVP confirmed this, and we did this in December to allow family to travel with us.[/quote']

Sounds like in this situation.. it's one room with one Pack and Play offer.. I looked into this and if the person who has the offer can't go.. you CANNOT get that offer.

What you said here does hold true if multiple cruisers have that promo.

GOOD LUCK!