Can we bring a case of water on Quantum? Yay or Nay?

nicmur143

Hi All~Cruising on the Quantum on February 20th. I see conflicting reports regarding taking on a case of our own water. Does anyone out there know for sure whether or not we can do that on RC Quantum? We always purchase the water package but it's so expensive. If we can bring a case on-board, we'd really like to. Any feedback is appreciated!!

Officially prohibited, but rarely enforced. Most report no problem putting water or soda in a checked bag.

The water onboard is drinkable and delicious. The engineering department purifies it with great care -- same as the bottlers, if not more. I take water bottles to fill and drink from.

Officially prohibited, but rarely enforced. Most report no problem putting water or soda in a checked bag.

The water onboard is drinkable and delicious. The engineering department purifies it with great care -- same as the bottlers, if not more. I take water bottles to fill and drink from.

I usually wrap it in tape and attach a luggage tag to it. On the few times that we tried the checked luggage we ended up down in the naughty room. Carnival opens your luggage without you but Royal insists that you be present.

Yes it is pure, but also chlorinated.

Hi All~Cruising on the Quantum on February 20th. I see conflicting reports regarding taking on a case of our own water. Does anyone out there know for sure whether or not we can do that on RC Quantum? We always purchase the water package but it's so expensive. If we can bring a case on-board, we'd really like to. Any feedback is appreciated!!
Maybe.

Guest maddycat

We've never had a problem bringing water onboard any ship at Cape Liberty.

We pack the water in a cardboard box, tape it shut, tie it with rope and tape on a luggage tag. We give it to the porter with the rest of our luggage and it is delivered to our cabin.

We've been able to take water many times by simply putting luggage tags on the case. No problem......however we DID have it taken away from us on a recent holiday cruise. But unless it is a holiday (Christmas, New Year's, Spring Break) you will probably be fine.

Sure its drinkable, or is it.

Was walking towards a big beautiful water dispenser on a royal ship when out jumps a little girl and wraps her lips around the spigot. YUCK. Even though there is usually a sign not to refill your water bottles, I've often seen people put their water bottles up the spigot touching its sides.

No thanks, I prefer to bring my own water bottles. I also drink more water when I have them handy and not having to go refill somewhere. Also easy to take off on tours.

Tape it up with a luggage tag and give the porter an extra $5 and let him know why. Works every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think that porter does? He doesn't deliver it to the ship. He puts it on a cart and wipes his hands clean. It passes multiple different processes and at any given time, it can be removed and isolated. But if you believe giving him $5.00 helps, go for it. I'd save my money and buy a drink on board.

Guest maddycat
Also easy to take off on tours.

And it's disposable. Finish the water, throw out the bottle. No empty refillable bottle to carry around.

What do you think that porter does? He doesn't deliver it to the ship. He puts it on a cart and wipes his hands clean. It passes multiple different processes and at any given time, it can be removed and isolated. But if you believe giving him $5.00 helps, go for it. I'd save my money and buy a drink on board.

I find porters to be a rather "surly" lot. Yes all he does is hand if off. The tip is to make sure he does that. 5 might be a little much.

I just got off of Enchantment today and we were able to bring a case of water on! The porter would not let us check it in, so we had to carry it on. They did open up the package in the middle and shook up the waters to make sure liquor wasn't it it during the security scan. But if you don't mind carrying it on, you'll be all set! :)

Nope sorry, The $5 works. All the time. The porter has influence. But if you want to buy yourself another drink onboard, hey they always have AA meetings onboard for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PennStateFan123

I was just on the 1/23 sailing, and put 24 bottles in a duffle bag, and it was delivered to my cabin. If you pack it with other things you may get called down to the naughty room. I always pack it by itself.

We do the exact same thing....has worked every time so far :p

Pardon my ignorance please. What do you mean by you wrap it in clear tape? So its ok for them to know its a case of water up front? I can onky drink bottled water due to the chlorination of most water sources. If i wrap it in clear packing tape and put a luggage tag on it, I should be good? Thanks!!!

Pardon my ignorance please. What do you mean by you wrap it in clear tape? So its ok for them to know its a case of water up front? I can onky drink bottled water due to the chlorination of most water sources. If i wrap it in clear packing tape and put a luggage tag on it, I should be good? Thanks!!!

No guarantees but it has worked for us several times on different ships. The most that you have to lose is a case of water and that's not a lot of money. In your case (it sounds like you have a medical reason) if they say anything I would challenge them and explain why you need it.

I did one time see a case sitting in the hallway with other luggage and other passengers where helping themselves to it. I guess it takes all kinds of people. My room steward once brought mine to the door and said "I didn't think I should leave this in the hall". That earned him a tip;)

I don't take water but i usually bring an 8 or 12 pack of Vitamin-water with me...I have always carried it on in either a backpack or duffle without issue....they do usually open the bag to check it out and make sure it's sealed.

Edited by bajathree

I just boarded the QOS and I checked a cooler bag with 10 bottles of flavored seltzer water. It was delivered to my room with no problems. THANKS CRUISE CRITIC. I never would have attempted that if not for the advice found here.

• 2 weeks later...

So I HAVE to drink purified water from a bottle, not spring water or faucet water, or filtered water. I had a kidney transplant over 5 yrs ago and I have been paying that ridiculous amount of money for Evian on board. I shouldn't even drink that since it's not purified water. But I thought I had no choice.

I can bring my own case of water? just by slapping a luggage tag on it or carrying it on board myself? I can bring a doctor's note to validify the need. Boy that would save me $50 or more!

So I HAVE to drink purified water from a bottle, not spring water or faucet water, or filtered water. I had a kidney transplant over 5 yrs ago and I have been paying that ridiculous amount of money for Evian on board. I shouldn't even drink that since it's not purified water. But I thought I had no choice.

I can bring my own case of water? just by slapping a luggage tag on it or carrying it on board myself? I can bring a doctor's note to validify the need. Boy that would save me $50 or more!

If you have followed this thread, the answer is probably and what do you really have to lose, some water? I believe that Royal has a department that deals with medical issues in diet. Maybe you should call C&A and ask to be transferred. Explain that you are not supposed to drink the water that they have on board and ask how to get what you need.