Daytime clothes

Frogso

Ok, it's getting very close to packing time and I'm still not sure what sort of things are appropriate. I'm cruising on the Statendam on the 15 day Hawaii circle cruise. My evening clothes are pretty well set. I'm all ready for my four formal and three informal nights. My concern is daytime. What is the temperature while you're crossing the Pacific. I can check San Diego weather and the various ports in Hawaii but don't know how to get information on the trip across itself. Also, aside from temperature concerns, what is considered appropriate? Can I wear a nice jogging suit (pretty pastel yellow)? How often can I wear shorts? Thanks for any suggestions!

Keep in mind that these ships are heavily airconditioned so they are chilly inside.

I you are at sea you will probably have a 15-25 knot wind blowing on the decks.

In Port you will have the normal weather for that area....

Jim

At least while you are near San Diego, be prepared to feel cool. Unlike the East Coast, when you get out on the water, with a breeze, on the West Coast, it's much cooler than on shore, because the ocean temperature is cool -- say 70 degrees max even around San Diego. Your jogging suit sounds fine, but you may not want to wear only shorts while on deck.

Frogso:

It can be warm and sunny in San Diego but those 4 sea days may not be the same. A jogging suit sounds great to me with tank top under. Slacks and tops work well too. Don't bank on it being warm enough for shorts, at least for the first couple of days.

the Pacific is not always blue and can be as chilly as the Atlantic. People have been known to think of it as being rough. It's also true that the ship may be cool - I learned to take a big towel or a blanket to the movies if I was wearing shorts. Of course there are suntraps to be found and you can always get a 'wind tan' if the sun seems weak.

It's a great cruise - you'll enjoy every moment of it I'm sure.

:)

Hey, fellow shipmate! I am on the same cruise.

I am packing short sets, sun dresses and capri sets for day time wear, on the boat and in port. I also have 3 bathing suits and two coverups. I also packed a few pairs of jeans and tops plus a jacket for Vancouver and San Diego and when we go to the top of the Haleakala volcano.

Ok, it's getting very close to packing time and I'm still not sure what sort of things are appropriate. I'm cruising on the Statendam on the 15 day Hawaii circle cruise. My evening clothes are pretty well set. I'm all ready for my four formal and three informal nights. My concern is daytime. What is the temperature while you're crossing the Pacific. I can check San Diego weather and the various ports in Hawaii but don't know how to get information on the trip across itself. Also, aside from temperature concerns, what is considered appropriate? Can I wear a nice jogging suit (pretty pastel yellow)? How often can I wear shorts? Thanks for any suggestions!

Sounds good, I hope to see you on the ship!

Your suggestions reaffirm what I had been thinking. I'll be taking a combination of lenghts with me in both tops and bottoms. Lots of coodinating stuff so I can change to suit whatever comes along.

Archived