Am I supposed to have my own VIFP account?

crazyboutdisney

When I log in on Carnival it shows my husbands name and I am listed under his traveling companions. Should I have my own account I can sign in on or are we linked? I see some people talking about checking for special offers under their VIFP or their spouses but we just have one. I do have my own number Just curious.....

When I log in on Carnival it shows my husbands name and I am listed under his traveling companions. Should I have my own account I can sign in on or are we linked? I see some people talking about checking for special offers under their VIFP or their spouses but we just have one. I do have my own number Just curious.....

Hopefully I can clarify this for you. What you are asking if I read this correctly is should you create your own log-in account on Carnival's site, not a new VIFP number. Yes. That way it will show just your information.

Our son cruises with us and is listed under my account as a traveling companion just as you are on your husbands. He also has his own log-in account where it just shows his information.

We have sailed before. I tried to search using my number but it just takes me to his! Hmmm....might have to email carnival for some assistance

After clicking on the "yes" radio button, if you look closely on the next page, just below the block where you can enter your VIFP number, there is a blue link that you can click on to look up your VIFP number using your name and date of birth. Each person has his/her own VIFP number although Carnival may only send email offers to one of the 2 people in a couple since they only tie one person's VIFP number to a single email address. You can always view your own offers though online by signing in.

https://secure.carnival.com/bookedguest/guestmanagement/registration/enroll

Edited by winddawn

What everybody is missing is that she said she has her own VIFP number and knows what it is and just questioned if she should create her own sign in account on Carnival's site. Yes she should.

Oh, you're right. I misread it as "Do I have my own number?":o

My wife and I each have our own VIFP numbers. they correctly reflect our past cruise which were taken together. We get different offers and she is the one who won the free cruise.

Either I'm just slow or something, because the website would not let hubby create his own log in even if he uses a different email address. His comes up under mine. We have uniquie VIFP numbers tho.

We have minor children that all have a VIFP number as well. I'm assuming they would not send an offer to a minor so there is no advantage of them having a different log in to the site. Correct?

DON'T CREATE A NEW VIFP ACCOUNT! That will make a mess of your past cruises. If you need to, call Carnival and get your VIFP number then log in to your account using that. I made the mistake of creating a new account for my husband when Carnival changed their loyalty program. He went from Gold to Blue and it was HE!! getting it sorted out.

We did the same thing with my DH's account. Still haven't gotten it straightened out.