Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

Drink package question again…!!! Is anybody know if the ``zero proof cocktails`` are included in the Premium non-alcoholic package?? It does mention non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies but nothing about the cocktails.

Thank you for your response.

Drink package question again…!!! Is anybody know if the ``zero proof cocktails`` are included in the Premium non-alcoholic package?? It does mention non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies but nothing about the cocktails.

Thank you for your response.

There's a thread here that indicates that zero-proof cocktails were included, but it is from 2011. I'm not terribly familiar with what a zero-proof cocktail is, but since the Premium Non-Alcoholic package is supposed to include nearly everything on the ship without booze in it I can only imagine that these drinks are still included.

Is there anyone else out there who can comment about a more recent experience?

Is the Igloo included in the Non-Alcoholic Classic? I loved that drink when having the Regular Classic.

If it was included in the Classic Package (alcoholic), then it should be included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic. My only hesitation to say that it will absolutely be included is that there have been a lot of reported inconsistencies about drinks from the Cafe.

Theoretically, the Classic Non-Alcoholic package only includes drinks from the first few pages of the menu, excluding the ones found under the Other Favorites and More Favorites headers. IGLU is under "More Favorites." Keeping that in mind, although it may be covered under the Classic Alcohol/Non-Alcohol packages on some cruises because the baristas allow it, this one seems to be a situation where it should NOT be included and it's up to the discretion of whoever's in charge.

I know that it's confusing and possibly not the answer that you want to hear, but it's the most honest answer that I can give you.

WOW, WOW, WOW, amazing job!

Just a small note, in the additional complimentary drink section, under suites:

Suites: The new suite perks use beverages as an incentive. The complimentary beverages for suite passengers can range from complimentary in-suite espresso and cappuccino from Café al Bacio (Sky Suite) to a complimentary Premium beverage package and bar setup in the stateroom (Royal Suite and above). Suite guests who have access to Michael's Club can also enjoy their drinks for free in that venue.

Since you're so through and precise, all suites, sky and above get a bottle of sparkling wine.

You may also want to add something like:

Sparkling wine may be exchanged for something else, is available at the request of your butler. For Royal Suite an above, the premium bar set-up (2 bottles of spirits) does vary and can often be exchanged by requesting your preferred spirits through the butler or Michael's Club concierge.

I hope you get some type of a gift from Celebrity or Cruise Critic, this content is valuable to both. You earned it!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Great job!

A couple of points:

1. The pitcher of water in the cabin is now by request only on some (all?) ships, even in suites.

2. The initial RS and above premium bar setup can also be exchanged for beer and/or soda (not just spirits).

WOW, WOW, WOW, amazing job!

Just a small note, in the additional complimentary drink section, under suites:

Suites: The new suite perks use beverages as an incentive. The complimentary beverages for suite passengers can range from complimentary in-suite espresso and cappuccino from Café al Bacio (Sky Suite) to a complimentary Premium beverage package and bar setup in the stateroom (Royal Suite and above). Suite guests who have access to Michael's Club can also enjoy their drinks for free in that venue.

Since you're so through and precise, all suites, sky and above get a bottle of sparkling wine.

You may also want to add something like:

Sparkling wine may be exchanged for something else, is available at the request of your butler. For Royal Suite an above, the premium bar set-up (2 bottles of spirits) does vary and can often be exchanged by requesting your preferred spirits through the butler or Michael's Club concierge.

I hope you get some type of a gift from Celebrity or Cruise Critic, this content is valuable to both. You earned it!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I actually did not know this about the suites getting a complimentary bottle of wine, but I suppose that it makes sense. I think I will add the bottle into that specific paragraph and then add a new question about exchanging complimentary alcohol for something else since that's not a topic that is limited to suites.

Thank you so much for your input and for your kind words. It's much appreciated :)

Great job!

A couple of points:

1. The pitcher of water in the cabin is now by request only on some (all?) ships, even in suites.

2. The initial RS and above premium bar setup can also be exchanged for beer and/or soda (not just spirits).

Ah, the last time I cruised (two years ago, we'll be fixing that problem in less than a month!) it was still just THERE all the time. I will update that answer. As I said above, I think I will make an entire new question about exchanging complimentary beverages. This is another piece of that to address, so thank you for pointing it out.

I think I might have enough new or updated material to justify another update to the PDF in the next day or so here. I refer back to this thread when I'm making updates to make sure I've caught everything that you guys have pointed out, so this is very helpful! Thanks! :D

If it was included in the Classic Package (alcoholic), then it should be included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic. My only hesitation to say that it will absolutely be included is that there have been a lot of reported inconsistencies about drinks from the Cafe.

Theoretically, the Classic Non-Alcoholic package only includes drinks from the first few pages of the menu, excluding the ones found under the Other Favorites and More Favorites headers. IGLU is under "More Favorites." Keeping that in mind, although it may be covered under the Classic Alcohol/Non-Alcohol packages on some cruises because the baristas allow it, this one seems to be a situation where it should NOT be included and it's up to the discretion of whoever's in charge.

I know that it's confusing and possibly not the answer that you want to hear, but it's the most honest answer that I can give you.

I know that the NA frozen drinks like Pina Colada, etc. are not included on NA Classic package, but was hoping that the coffee drinks would not fall into that category. Sounds like it does. :(

I think the best thing for me is to see if Celebrity will let me upgrade my free package to the NA Premium.

Edited by Iamthesea

I know that the NA frozen drinks like Pina Colada, etc. are not included on NA Classic package, but was hoping that the coffee drinks would not fall into that category. Sounds like it does. :(

I think the best thing for me is to see if Celebrity will let me upgrade my free package to the NA Premium.

In this case since there seems to be very little rhyme or reason to whether the baristas enforce the rules or not, maybe you might want to wait until you are on board to see if on that particular sailing you can get the IGLU included in the package?

Although, the $4/day difference between the two NA packages isn't so bad if it means you're sure to get exactly what you want (especially if what you want includes NA frozen drinks). :)

Great job!

A couple of points:

As of April, the RS includes the following:

- 2 bottles of spirits which generally are exchangeable

- Unlimited mini bar with beer, soda and water (refillable daily)

- Premium beverage package

- 1 Bottle of sparkling wine (which can generally be exchanged for non sparkling red or white)

There will be no need to exchange the premium bar set-up (2 bottles of spirits and cans of soda) for anything as it will be there as a standard offering.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

In this case since there seems to be very little rhyme or reason to whether the baristas enforce the rules or not, maybe you might want to wait until you are on board to see if on that particular sailing you can get the IGLU included in the package?

Although, the $4/day difference between the two NA packages isn't so bad if it means you're sure to get exactly what you want (especially if what you want includes NA frozen drinks). :)

Yes, I think I will upgrade ahead of time. Don't want to risk not being able to upgrade onboard. ;)

Thank you so much as always to everyone who has contributed information or questions that I overlooked! I have made the following changes and clarifications in the PDF (attached):

*(Before You Cruise) Can I bring alcoholic beverages aboard with me?

Yes, but it is restricted and it may depend on the part of the world on which you are cruising. The stated policy from Celebrity is that you may bring up to two standard-sized (750 ml) bottles of wine per stateroom on board at embarkation. Other alcoholic beverages (beer or spirits) that is brought on board at embarkation will be confiscated and will not be returned.

If you purchase alcohol on board the ship or at a port of call, it is subject to temporary confiscation. It will be returned to you on the last night of the cruise.

In some parts of the world, particularly the Caribbean, the alcohol policy is strictly enforced. In other parts of the world, such as the Mediterranean, there are many reports of individuals who are able to bring more than the allotted amount of alcohol aboard to keep in their room both at embarkation and at various ports of call.

*I updated the suite perks to include the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, and to be more specific that the RS setup includes two bottles of spirits and unlimited beer and soda.

*(A La Carte Drinking) If I don’t like the complimentary beverage included with my stateroom, can I exchange it for something of equal or lesser value?

Yes. If you would like to exchange the bottle of sparkling wine that is included with many staterooms for another bottled beverage of approximately equal or lesser value, just talk to your room steward or butler. They can and generally will make the change for you.

For Royal Suites and above, the complimentary bar setup does vary. You can typically exchange the included bottles of spirits by contacting your butler or the Michael’s Club concierge.

*Added a few words about needing to request the pitcher of water in the stateroom now.

*Updated the wording in the Classic Non-Alcohol package to specify that the Cafe Al Bacio drinks do include cappuccino and lattes. Hopefully that gets the point across for the Classic Package, since it states that includes everything in the Classic Non-Alcohol package!

---

Also of note is that I spent some time speaking with a Celebrity rep this morning (booking a cruise) and the topic of upgrading the packages on board the ship came up. According to the rep, it is theoretically possible to upgrade your beverage package on the ship up until the third day and NOT pay a prorated fee. If you choose this option, your drinks that would have been included in the beverage package you choose will be taken off of your tab. When I pointed out that many people on Cruise Critic have mentioned the prorated upgrade but that no one has mentioned this, he said that he had never heard of the prorated upgrade.

Prorated upgrades aside, has anyone actually tried and successfully upgraded in this other way? Is this something that should be included in this document?

Bev Package FAQ.pdf

One more question - does the classic package include the specialty juices at the Aqua Spa Cafe? Or would I need the premium package for those?

From what I can see online (and I'm happy to ask to confirm this when we sail in two weeks since this thread is all about pulling together the most correct information possible), you can get the specialty juices at Aqua Spa Cafe with the Classic Package. I saw conversation to that effect about both the Non-Alcoholic (2012 most recent) and Alcoholic (2014 most recent) packages.

If anyone can confirm that this is NOT correct could you please chime in? :o

From what I can see online (and I'm happy to ask to confirm this when we sail in two weeks since this thread is all about pulling together the most correct information possible), you can get the specialty juices at Aqua Spa Cafe with the Classic Package. I saw conversation to that effect about both the Non-Alcoholic (2012 most recent) and Alcoholic (2014 most recent) packages.

If anyone can confirm that this is NOT correct could you please chime in? :o

Thanks!

It does! I think I'll update the inclusions list to be a touch more specific. Thanks!

Thank you. My travel agent was told on the phone with Celebrity while I was sitting there that Cappucinnos and Lattes were not included in the Classic Alcohol Package (free with my Concierge booking). It seems like the agent was wrong, sure hope they have not recently changed the policy.

You are terrific to go to all this trouble for us fellow travelers.

Thank you. My travel agent was told on the phone with Celebrity while I was sitting there that Cappucinnos and Lattes were not included in the Classic Alcohol Package (free with my Concierge booking). It seems like the agent was wrong, sure hope they have not recently changed the policy.

You are terrific to go to all this trouble for us fellow travelers.

You are very welcome. I'm working on compiling this into a website with search functionality so that I can expand it to include other topics (dining, shore excursions, rooms, etc.). I'm a big fan of information, as I'm sure you can tell :D

There are reports all over the Cruise Critic boards of Celebrity customer service having a different answer to many questions any time someone calls. I would be more inclined to put greater stock in what I hear from people who have actually tried to order on board and succeeded/failed than in what a rep says. I'm particularly inclined to believe that the rep your travel agent spoke to has given you incorrect information since the Celebrity website SPECIFICALLY says that the Classic Non-Alcohol Package includes Lavazza espresso-based coffees and the Classic Package (alcohol) theoretically includes everything in the Classic Non-Alcohol Package...

Edited by ailetoile

I am a newbie and find this thread to be very helpful. Thank you for your time and effort in compiling this info and for sharing!

Question please.....

Does the Premium Alcohol Package include buckets of beer (like the idea of keeping bottles cold poolside!)? And will it cover the wine in the Cellar Masters or do you need a separate swipe card?

I am a newbie and find this thread to be very helpful. Thank you for your time and effort in compiling this info and for sharing!

Question please.....

Does the Premium Alcohol Package include buckets of beer (like the idea of keeping bottles cold poolside!)? And will it cover the wine in the Cellar Masters or do you need a separate swipe card?

Unfortunately, neither buckets of beer nor the enomatic wine cards (if the machines are working at all) are covered by any beverage package or offset by the Premium Package. This is a great question that I will be sure to include in the next update! :)

I have a query regarding the Classic Non-Alcoholic package. It states that it includes "espresso based coffees", so does that limit it to only espresso, cappucino, cafe latte etc. Or can you get things like hot chocolate or the White Chocolate Mocha to?

Also, are the Tea Forte teas available in the main dining room?