Anyone going to Costa Maya???

cluelyss18

Is anyone going to be in Costa Maya in the near future? We had a bit of a mishap when we were there on Friday 2/13/15 and unfortunately, one of our items got left behind. If anyone is going there, I'd like to see if it's still there. I'm having difficulty finding contact information for the port itself. Thanks in advance!

It would probably help if you was to list where you were at when you left something behind since there's tons of places for people to go when in port and not all will be headed to the exact place.

Another thought would be to find a cruise going there and look up the roll call and ask someone on it if they are going to the place you went to in Costa Maya. :)

It would probably help if you was to list where you were at when you left something behind since there's tons of places for people to go when in port and not all will be headed to the exact place.

Another thought would be to find a cruise going there and look up the roll call and ask someone on it if they are going to the place you went to in Costa Maya. :)

Thanks for the suggestion! We had to be transported back to the ship by port authority, on a tug. My husband says it's what they use to pull airplanes on the ground. I think it looked like an industrial golf cart. Anyway, I had to sit on my husband's lap and my iPhone fell out while we were on the way. The ship called the port to see if they found anything, but so far, no one did.

Thanks for the suggestion! We had to be transported back to the ship by port authority, on a tug. My husband says it's what they use to pull airplanes on the ground. I think it looked like an industrial golf cart. Anyway, I had to sit on my husband's lap and my iPhone fell out while we were on the way. The ship called the port to see if they found anything, but so far, no one did.

If you weren't on a ship excursion, you can try contacting your excursion vendor.

There are several competing tug boat operators in Mexico. But I believe Grupo TMM SAB is the operator for Costa Maya. Don't know why there would be a second tug operator there. You might try to contact them. Their website is www.grupotmm.com you might have to call or dig further.

Unless you have a tracker on the your iPhone, you may have to just accept the fact that it's "lost" now. :(

Your best bet is to contact the port authorities yourself, you can do it from their website.

http://www.puertocostamaya.com/

The link is in the upper right corner of the screen.

I would not get any hopes up about getting your phone back though, it has likely been appropriated by someone who has replaced the SIM card and now using it themselves.

"it's what they use to pull airplanes on the ground. I think it looked like an industrial golf cart."

This is completely confusing me. Crew mentioned tug "boat" and you are describing something on land? I have no idea what the situation is or why you had to be pulled, but my only thoughts is that you would need to contact the company that was pulling you. :confused: They would be your best bet.

You also mentioned that you were sitting on your husbands lap and it probably fell out....onto/into what, I'm still confused about...whether you were on a boat possibly broken down or in a bus...or open air bus...or ??? It's possible it could have fell into the "transportation" vehicle or even outside of it.

Either way, I would think it's probably gone forever and if someone over there did find it, they have probably sold it, used it or whatever. Hopefully you had insurance on it and can get it replaced. :(

The 'tug', as it's called, is not a boat. It is used to pull aircraft on land, or sometimes, to pull trolley cars. We were not in a boat. I had to sit on my husband's lap because there was no passenger seats to speak of.

I did try and contact the port, they haven't responded. The cruise line said no one has found it, as far as they know.

AT&T was nice enough to move my upgrade up a couple months and I now have a new phone.

I now realize someone has probably already unlocked the phone and is using. I thought it was worth a shot to ask around on here, if anyone was going to port.

Thanks anyway.

The 'tug', as it's called, is not a boat. It is used to pull aircraft on land, or sometimes, to pull trolley cars. We were not in a boat. I had to sit on my husband's lap because there was no passenger seats to speak of.

I did try and contact the port, they haven't responded. The cruise line said no one has found it, as far as they know.

AT&T was nice enough to move my upgrade up a couple months and I now have a new phone.

I now realize someone has probably already unlocked the phone and is using. I thought it was worth a shot to ask around on here, if anyone was going to port.

Thanks anyway.

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks though for clarifying your return was land based. When this old salt hears "tug" returning to "port" blue waves immediately form in mind:D

On your new iPhone, Upgrade or pay additional for a tracking app or one of those disable phones, need security code to log on apps like "Start" where you have to punch in your pin every time you pick up the phone.

a bit of a pain sometimes, but it'll keep your phone from being used immediately by unwanted persons.

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks though for clarifying your return was land based. When this old salt hears "tug" returning to "port" blue waves immediately form in mind:D

On your new iPhone, Upgrade or pay additional for a tracking app or one of those disable phones, need security code to log on apps like "Start" where you have to punch in your pin every time you pick up the phone.

a bit of a pain sometimes, but it'll keep your phone from being used immediately by unwanted persons.

Thanks! My new iPhone came with this nifty feature that you need my fingerprint to get in it! I'll keep that on at all times. :)