Magical Flying Beach Chair question

metairiegal

Should we reserve the Flying Chair before our Princess cruise as a shore excursion? Or, wait until we are actually there to buy a ticket? I assume booking it prior will cut down on the line?

Can you do without the Flying Chair - how long of a walk is it to the beach?

Thanks in advance for any info.

You can buy your ticket there. But it's a short walk to the beach. at tops a 10 minute stroll. I don't think there's a price break fro the chair buying it on the ship. Most of what I've seen is that the chair is included in a package that gets you a clam shell lounger, versus a regular lounger(free) and a few other amenities which you can purchase on your own if you want to. Regardless of where you buy your chair ticket it's good for the whole day multiple trips if you want.

--I would search You Tube for some Mahogany Bay videos of that area. I had booked the clamshell chairs, kayak etc for myself and my adult daughter for our upcoming cruise and after watching a video taken by a guy a couple months back decided that cattle call set up was just not for us. And as the OP said, you can walk the path right down there without a hitch. The you tuber videographed from the chair ride so it's very easy to see exactly what's involved in chair versus walk.

At this point I'm not sure what we are going to do in Roatan....weather looking kinda iff-y so we may wait until getting to the pier and go from there. I'd like to go to West Bay area but not sure my daughter will want to do that....we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

Save your $ on the magical chair lift. It is a total rip off for how far it is to walk. I am so disappointed after seeing what it actually is like in Mahogney Bay. I think it is a total money grab for Carnival, but that's just my opinion.