Please Please Help !!!!!

Marltom

I think I am out of my depth.Trying to surprise my DH with a three day weekend away on the Explorer in May and would like to surprise him by booking a Junior Suite, please is there any advantage,we normally book a balcony cabin,what would we have has extras if any. We are later in life cruisers and at the moment we are gold members would we get extra points [ :):):)

With a JS you will get:

1. a larger room (similar to a standard hotel room)

2. a bathtub

3. some have a walk-in closet

4. 2 points per night

5. Suite check in

I only go with a JS over a balcony when it's a great deal or I really need the extra space because the kiddos are with us.

You do not get any other suite perks with a JS.

Edited by The Sunset Glow

I think I am out of my depth.Trying to surprise my DH with a three day weekend away on the Explorer in May and would like to surprise him by booking a Junior Suite, please is there any advantage,we normally book a balcony cabin,what would we have has extras if any. We are later in life cruisers and at the moment we are gold members would we get extra points [ :):):)

We don't usually book a Junior Suites as we find the category D balconies to be a pretty nice size. We do have a Jr Suite booked this December just for the double points which will take us to Diamond level for a TA cruise next year. In addition to the double points, you do get more space...the rooms are much wider than a normal balcony room. And the bathroom is larger with a tub/shower combination. A junior suite is a nice treat but not usually worth the extra money for us.

Edited by dplusd
sp

If the cost of the JS is less than what it would cost for two cruises than I say, go for it if your trying to accumulate points for C&A status. I have booked a JS many times but for some reason, I am always offered to upsell to a higher class suite which my husband and I have always done. We are currently booked to stay in a JS on the Freedom in September so if we stay with that category, it will be our first time in a JS.