The Royal Wine & Dine Deal on now

The Royal Wine & Dine Deal on nowclear_foot.gifThe Royal Wine & Dine Deal is on now until 11 April! Book today and you can receive a FREE Premium Beverage Package~ and enjoy FREE gratuities~ on selected cruises. Plus, if you choose a Balcony Stateroom or Suite, you will also receive a bonus US$200 onboard credit~ that you could spend at a speciality restaurant.

Visit Chop's Grille for A-grade cuts of steak, Izumi Restaurant for a taste of Asia and Giovanni's Table for traditional Italian fare. Or visit the intimate Chef's Table, where 14 guests enjoy a specially prepared five-course meal personally presented by the Executive Chef in a private dining room.

With a variety of local and international beverage options and individually prepared meals by our experienced chefs, you can wine and dine at sea like you never thought possible on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

What's included in a Premium Beverage Package?

Royal Caribbean offers a variety of Beverage Package types. As part of our Wine & Dine Deal, you will receive a free Premium Beverage Package~ which includes still bottled water (500ml), fountain soda with Coca-Cola souvenir cup, non-alcoholic cocktails, premium cocktails (up to US$12 value), frozen cocktails, beer, premium wines by the glass (up to US$14 value) and 20% off bottles of wine.*

OFFER STARTS 20 FEBRUARY

Book a selected cruise and receive a FREE Premium Beverage Package~ and when you choose a Balcony Stateroom or Suite, you will also receive US$200 onboard credit~ that you could spend at a speciality restaurant.

Visit Chop’s Grille for A-grade cuts of steak, Izumi Restaurant for a taste of Asia and Giovanni’s Table for traditional Italian fare. Or visit the intimate Chef’s Table, where 14 guests enjoy a specially prepared five-course meal personally presented by the Executive Chef in a private dining room.

With a variety of local and international beverage options and individually prepared meals by our experience chefs, you can wine and dine at sea like you never thought possible.

Offer details vary by region:

South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand and Trans-Pacific and Asia Reposition sailings~

• Free Premium Beverage Package for two

• Free pre-paid gratuities for two

• Bonus US$200 per stateroom Onboard Credit for bookings made in a Balcony stateroom or Suite

• Valid for sailings of 5 nights or longer departing between 21 September 2015 and 28 April 2016 (voyage must start or end in Australia)

• Valid for new individual & group bookings named within the offer period and deposited according to the requirements of the booking

• Book by 11 April

International Sailings~

• Free Premium Beverage Package for two

• Free pre-paid gratuities for two

• Booking window - Friday 20 February - Saturday 11 April 2015

• Valid for all worldwide sailings of 5 nights or longer departing between 15 May 2015 and 30 April 2016, with the exception of Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Trans-Atlantic sailings and all sailings departing from China

• Valid for new individual & group bookings named within the offer period and deposited according to the requirements of the booking

• Book by 11 April

For information on our Beverage Packages please click here

For offer FAQs please click here

For full offer terms and conditions for South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand and Trans-Pacific and Asia Reposition voyages, please click here

For full offer terms and conditions for International sailings, please click here

Thats what I received in an email from RCL. However, be careful as it seems like that whacked up the prices.

Looks very enticing....

That is until you look at the prices of each cruise. For example. An 11 night cruise in Feb is $2,119.06 per person for an inside cabin. That's almost twice what it normally would be for a similar cruise without the "Free" beverage package.

I'm a fan of RCCL but their so called "sales" are always very misleading. Buy one, second 50% off. The prices are bumped up so that in the end the price is the same as when they are NOT on sale.

Here you see a cruise that is probably worth about $1500 with gratuities paid (Being fairly average price give or take a hundred or so dollars). So say $1500 and then add on another say $600 (which at $55 or $65 a day - being the price of the premium beverage package) equals oooooooh about $2100 - $2200.... ugh. What do you know. It's NOT free!

Maybe new cruisers would think this is a good offer. Me. Not so much!:eek:

I would NOT be purchasing any Royal cruises at the moment under this new so called sale. The prices are highly inflated compared to yesterday.

Thank goodness i finalised some cruise bookings yesterday - saved a fortune.

An example: Legend of the Seas 25 Jan 2016 14 nights to NZ for a JS was about $3000 pp today it is $4200 pp. that is a ridiculous price when i dont even want the drink package to begin with and i certainly dont want to prepay my gratuities.

Mind you i booked that cruise last year for only $2500 pp.

Keep an eye on the prices, they will come back to earth sooner or later.

Last week I booked a B2B (15 days) on Legend for next January, for a C1 balcony for a family of 3, for just over NZ$10,000, with US$800 OBC. Today, the same B2B is just over NZ$13,000, with US$400 OBC but with pre-paid gratuities for 2 and the drinks packages, again for 2. The extra US$400 I have, will pay for gratuities plus leave me with $40 more OBC than the new offer.

So, in reality, the 2 drinks packages would cost me NZ$3000, or approx. US$2,250, or US$75 per day person (for 2). I could buy this premium package (if I wanted, which I don’t) for US$57 per person per day.

Looked at the price of cruise we booked 3 weeks ago, so with the new sale the cost is $1841.00 dearer for same cabin category so the Free Drinks package and Free gratuities are easily covered with there new prices (nothing is free) RCI you are starting to become a bit of a joke with your so called sales just get back to normal pricing with no gimmicks, I do believe you are starting to lose customers

RCI you are starting to become a bit of a joke with your so called sales just get back to normal pricing with no gimmicks, I do believe you are starting to lose customers

As much as many of us don't like them, the reason you're seeing this introduced is their initial marketing of them has increased sales, not reduced them.

Also note how these 'sales' with increased prices have been extended and extended and this new 'sale' is initially set for 6 weeks. Again, it shows they expect it to be the new norm, rather than a short term promotion that they're only hoping will encourage some short term specific buyers.

Just like the beverage packages which isn't financial value for most passengers, but has still been a popular marketing tool that attracted some customers, this promotion also has so far.

As much as many of us don't like them, the reason you're seeing this introduced is their initial marketing of them has increased sales, not reduced them.

Also note how these 'sales' with increased prices have been extended and extended and this new 'sale' is initially set for 6 weeks. Again, it shows they expect it to be the new norm, rather than a short term promotion that they're only hoping will encourage some short term specific buyers.

Just like the beverage packages which isn't financial value for most passengers, but has still been a popular marketing tool that attracted some customers, this promotion also has so far.

I agree its definately a marketing strategy from RCL. They wouldn't do it for long if it wasn't working. I guess its attracting newbie cruisers, which is the ones they want cause they spending $$$. The old hands, tend to know the ropes and are less likely to buy all the stuff on the ship. Though I do still purchase perfume and stuff from their shops and do their excurisons.

I do agree with what you are saying Big M but it just frustrates me with the sales that aren't sales but I suppose that is the way is it and no one is forcing me to book with them , not during sales at least

I saw on another forum of an example which was identical cruises at almost same time between Voyager and Solstice both balcony cabins both with Drinks packages and gratuities expect Voyager is $1471.00 dearer?

So before any loyals jump on me yes I know the answer is go with Celebrity

I thought I would add another week onto our Oasis Cruise in April 16. We lashed out and booked a Grand Suite.( cause it was only to be 1 week) the price has gone up by $2100. What a joke!! If I booked a balcony, that too has gone up by $1000.

I do agree with what you are saying Big M but it just frustrates me with the sales that aren't sales but I suppose that is the way is it and no one is forcing me to book with them , not during sales at least

I agree and feel similarly. It just sounded like some may have the hope/expectation that things will change. While nobody can be sure about what will happen, recent sales results as well as statements from management give me the impression it's more likely to stay than not.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to cruising and was looking at a 7 night West Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean. The local agent quoted a price similar to brochure price and offered $200 obc and when I asked about the drinks deal he said that it wasn't available on this cruise. I told him for international cruises I didn't see exclusions and asked for him to check on it for me, of course I haven't heard back from TA so maybe he was quoting hoping I didn't know about the deal and isn't sure how to get out of it or am I still being ripped off anyway as I don't know how quoting works.

The 'wine and dine' deal has vanished from the Royal Caribbean website and would seem to no longer be available. They are now having a 'get in early for next summer' sale - no drinks but discounted prices, onboard credit and half deposits.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/dealsandmore/featuredCruises/selectLandingPromo.do?promoCode=131855&utm_source=Homepage&utm_campaign=Next_Summer_Sale

Hmm I wonder if we can take up that offer if we have already booked.

Time for me to troll the website I guess.

I'm guessing its not going to apply :(

Yes these sales they have from time to time are for new bookings only.

We have been getting some quotes from a TA today for a Voyager cruise in Dec 2015. The price we have been quoted for an inside cabin is $2892.00 per person, this includes pre-paid gratuities and the Premium drinks package (the Royal Wine and Dine deal).

I have also gone direct to RCI website and the price for the same category cabin there is $2849.00 per person, this includes pre-paid gratuities, a $300 per person discount and $100 OBC. No drinks package.

For the extra $43 per person to get the drinks package, it seems like an alright deal to me, after reading through this thread tho I am questioning if I have missed something. Granted I don't know what the prices would be after the sale finishes...or what they were before the sale started.

We have been getting some quotes from a TA today for a Voyager cruise in Dec 2015. The price we have been quoted for an inside cabin is $2892.00 per person, this includes pre-paid gratuities and the Premium drinks package (the Royal Wine and Dine deal).

I have also gone direct to RCI website and the price for the same category cabin there is $2849.00 per person, this includes pre-paid gratuities, a $300 per person discount and $100 OBC. No drinks package.

For the extra $43 per person to get the drinks package, it seems like an alright deal to me, after reading through this thread tho I am questioning if I have missed something. Granted I don't know what the prices would be after the sale finishes...or what they were before the sale started.

Dec/Jan is the most expensive time to cruise. How many nights is the cruise? $2849.00 is the regular price for 2 person with a balcony.

Edited by cruisine21

Dec/Jan is the most expensive time to cruise. How many nights is the cruise?

It is 10 nights and New Years Eve is included. Yes, it does seem to be an expensive time to cruise. Every cruise we have looked at that fits our time line seems to be expensive!

Hi Deb, long time no see:p

We are booked on the Explorer for Xmas /New Year this year, 13 nights, NZ/ South Pacific. Booked an inside Cat N, $1400AUD each, booked about 12 months ago when the itineraries came out, prices are now around $3300:eek: for the same cat just to give you an idea on how they have increased. Looks like the Voyager is cheaper than the Explorer though.

No bells and whistles with our booking, no OBC or drink package, but we are about $4000 ahead at the moment which is crazy!!! I also purchased $1500 OBC for the 1:1 deal in case we want a drink package as it's the festive season:p Have also pre paid our gratuities when booking as we do Mytime dining.

Lets catch up soon:)

Chez

The drinks package deal is done it is only available on the US site and no AU travel agent should be trying to sell you it