The Royal Wine & Dine Deal on now

Hi Deb, long time no see:p

We are booked on the Explorer for Xmas /New Year this year, 13 nights, NZ/ South Pacific. Booked an inside Cat N, $1400AUD each, booked about 12 months ago when the itineraries came out, prices are now around $3300:eek: for the same cat just to give you an idea on how they have increased. Looks like the Voyager is cheaper than the Explorer though.

No bells and whistles with our booking, no OBC or drink package, but we are about $4000 ahead at the moment which is crazy!!! I also purchased $1500 OBC for the 1:1 deal in case we want a drink package as it's the festive season:p Have also pre paid our gratuities when booking as we do Mytime dining.

Lets catch up soon:)

Chez

Hiya Chez,

We have been laying low and sorting out family stuff. Thank you for that info on the cruise prices! It certainly pays to book early sometimes. Would be lovely to catch up!

Deb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The drinks package deal is done it is only available on the US site and no AU travel agent should be trying to sell you it

Okay, that is interesting because it is an AU TA. Getting more confused.

The 'wine and dine' deal has vanished from the Royal Caribbean website and would seem to no longer be available. They are now having a 'get in early for next summer' sale - no drinks but discounted prices, onboard credit and half deposits.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/dealsandmore/featuredCruises/selectLandingPromo.do?promoCode=131855&utm_source=Homepage&utm_campaign=Next_Summer_Sale

It's not promoted, but it's still available.

The new deal has better prices, but each deal is separate so for the wine/dine deal you pay the full current price, not the discounted price in the newer promotion.

It is 10 nights and New Years Eve is included. Yes, it does seem to be an expensive time to cruise. Every cruise we have looked at that fits our time line seems to be expensive!

New Years cruises are the most expensive in the cruise calendar, and sell well.

The best thing with those cruises if you want them is just to take it when a package appeals - or you can wait til the next year and buy on release as that's generally the cheapest they are.

New Years cruises are the most expensive in the cruise calendar, and sell well.

The best thing with those cruises if you want them is just to take it when a package appeals - or you can wait til the next year and buy on release as that's generally the cheapest they are.

Yes, you are right. Hubby just told me to stop over analysing and comparing the details and decide if we are happy with the deal!

I finally got a response from the local travel agent after a couple of calls he rang back. I was fobbed off at first and told the deal had ended and it didn't apply to my cruise anyway so I read him what the deal said which clearly hadn't ended or specified certain cruises I was put on hold for about half an hour and was then told I could in fact have the deal but had to forgo the deal he had already given me. Other than an early booking discount of $200 the prices he quoted were above brochure price anyway and I wasn't told I was given a deal on top of that the new price with the wine dine deal came out at $700 dearer and no OBC. Wow doesn't make a first time cruiser feeling at all comfortable with anything the agent says and I can't trust I'm getting any kind of deal.

I finally got a response from the local travel agent after a couple of calls he rang back. I was fobbed off at first and told the deal had ended and it didn't apply to my cruise anyway so I read him what the deal said which clearly hadn't ended or specified certain cruises I was put on hold for about half an hour and was then told I could in fact have the deal but had to forgo the deal he had already given me. Other than an early booking discount of $200 the prices he quoted were above brochure price anyway and I wasn't told I was given a deal on top of that the new price with the wine dine deal came out at $700 dearer and no OBC. Wow doesn't make a first time cruiser feeling at all comfortable with anything the agent says and I can't trust I'm getting any kind of deal.

Just book direct with the cruise line. Free cancellation within the time frame given and you can view and pay for your booking on line with no hassles. Prices will be similar to TA. If the cabin you want is not listed then phone and ask. Half price deposits is very handy for advance bookings.

If you use a US TA you would receive price changes and slightly better obc etc but you have to weigh that up with the falling dollar. If you can pay outright then i would use overseas TA.

Only time to engage a TA is for something special.

Yes, you are right. Hubby just told me to stop over analysing and comparing the details and decide if we are happy with the deal!

As a guide. Balcony prices on Royal should not be more that $200 per night with insides half that. The recent Wine and Dine sale doubled the prices and i refuse to pay that just because they offered a drink package that would have me drinking all day to justify the cost. No thanks.

Although we are loyal to Royal i would be checking the prices on Celebrity as a comparison.

Last Xmas cruise on the Sun Princess (December 2014) 13 night cruise vising Fiji and Noumea. I booked mum and I in an inside cabin. I paid $1549 per person. Now that includes the grats as they are part of the price on cruises department two and from Australia on Princess.

At the moment I think the RCL prices are horrendous. But I posted the above as a comparison.