Can anyone recommend a car/limo svce from Houston (IAH) to Galveston port?

CuseJeff44

There are a lot of companies out there, but I have seen a lot of mixed reviews as well....has anyone had any good experiences recently? Looking for a good price, but reliability is more important. 2 adults and 2 young kids so a sedan should be plenty.

We used Z limo to and from Galveston. Great service!

Be sure to take in consideration the amount of luggage you will be taking and getting all of it in a sedan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by TexCruise371

It's been several years since I cruised out of Galveston, but there at least used to be a Springhill Suites in Houston that offered a cruise package which INCLUDED transportation from their hotel to the port in Galveston, and from the port post-cruise to the airport. It was an AMAZING deal! Not sure if they - or any other hotel chain - still does this, but if you can find something like that, JUMP on it!

We used Z limo to and from Galveston. Great service!

Be sure to take in consideration the amount of luggage you will be taking and getting all of it in a sedan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks. Going with Z. Price is fair and someone else mentioned this one before. I just want reliable.

I see you've already decided, but for future reference for anyone, we used Extreme Elegance via limos dot com and it was $298 including 20% tip for a town car limo that held six of us plus all our bags for a TA cruise.

Thats a good deal too! Thanks!

We had good results with Super Shuttle last September.

Do you happen to remember when you got back to Galveston was it easy to locate where to go to call for your Super Shuttle? I was told to look for people in the blue or green shirts? Was shuttle waiting for you or did you have some time? I have scheduled a pickup at 11am. Hoping that gives us enough time? Thanks

We had good results with Super Shuttle last September.

Bob do you happen to remember?

when you got back to Galveston was it easy to locate where to go to call for your Super Shuttle? I was told to look for people in the blue or green shirts? Was shuttle waiting for you or did you have some time? I have scheduled a pickup at 11am. Hoping that gives us enough time? Thanks

Bob do you happen to remember?

when you got back to Galveston was it easy to locate where to go to call for your Super Shuttle? I was told to look for people in the blue or green shirts? Was shuttle waiting for you or did you have some time? I have scheduled a pickup at 11am. Hoping that gives us enough time? Thanks

I was in touch with the shuttle driver via cell phone periodically from about 8am. He told me exactly where to look for him.

Has anyone rented a car to get from Houston to Galveston? I am reading that IAH does not like to allow cars go one way to Galveston. Did you have any luck?

To my knowledge, there is only one rental car agency on the island, which is Enterprise. Unless they have changed their policy recently, they do not accept one-way rentals. There is an Avis office in Texas City that accepts one-way rentals. They will shuttle you to the port for a flat fee, something like $50.

To my knowledge, there is only one rental car agency on the island, which is Enterprise. Unless they have changed their policy recently, they do not accept one-way rentals. There is an Avis office in Texas City that accepts one-way rentals. They will shuttle you to the port for a flat fee, something like $50.

Enterprise will do one way rentals. Maybe not from the airport, but they did give me a quote from an off site enterprise location. You also need to speak to the local office you want the rental from. The main reservation line would not book it for me. The price they gave me did include a one way drop fee. I found that avis to texas city plus shuttle fee will still be cheaper for me.

Edited by indolent

Enterprise will do one way rentals. Maybe not from the airport, but they did give me a quote from an off site enterprise location. You also need to speak to the local office you want the rental from. The main reservation line would not book it for me. The price they gave me did include a one way drop fee. I found that avis to texas city plus shuttle fee will still be cheaper for me.

How long would you say the drive is between the cruise terminal and Avis in Texas City?

How long would you say the drive is between the cruise terminal and Avis in Texas City?

It is less than 20 miles.

Traffic was light the Sunday morning we returned our ca (about 10 am), so the drive was about 20 minutes. I've heard traffic in Galveston near the port gets worse later; we were happy to beat the traffic.

It is less than 20 miles.

Traffic was light the Sunday morning we returned our ca (about 10 am), so the drive was about 20 minutes. I've heard traffic in Galveston near the port gets worse later; we were happy to beat the traffic.

Thanks, that may be an option for us if we decide to cruise out of Galveston again.

Thanks, that may be an option for us if we decide to cruise out of Galveston again.

I'd be happy to do it again, Bob. Granted, it would be nicer if there were a friendly, car rental agency near the port with long operating hours and easy one way rental policy. But lacking a perfect rental option, Texas City is a reasonable way to have a set of wheels.

One of the other CC posters found a shuttle company servicing Texas City to Port. if that company performs well, it will be nice to have another option to get back and forth to port.