My Time Dining question

CuseJeff44

I hate to appear totally dense but I need clarification. Am I right in concluding that if you sign up when you get onboard, you are stuck with that time every night? We eat a different time every night which is why we enjoy Freestyle and YTD so much. It sounds like if you sign up, you are stuck with it, but you do have the option of just showing up. Is that right?

I hate to appear totally dense but I need clarification. Am I right in concluding that if you sign up when you get onboard, you are stuck with that time every night? We eat a different time every night which is why we enjoy Freestyle and YTD so much. It sounds like if you sign up, you are stuck with it, but you do have the option of just showing up. Is that right?

If you have an MTD reservation, it can be changed or cancelled at your option, on a daily basis.

I stopped at dining with the cruise planner in hand on embarkation day an made reservations for the week. I had different times each night based on the activities and shows we planned to attend (in port or on ship). There is no need for it to be the same each night.

I really enjoyed that doing it this way we were always in our waiters section - having the same waitstaff each night significantly improved our dining experiences. Each night was better than the next as they got to know us and our dinner preferences! (Who liked extra roles, that I wanted soy milk for decaf coffee, that my DS loved caesar salad and would be starving when he sat down and my DD fruit cups, and that a little encouragement from them for my kids to finish before time to go to kids club made a huge difference!!)

It may depend on the ship and the particular time you wish to dine, but we have never experienced a lengthy wait (more than five or six minutes) when we arrived in My Time Dining even at supposedly peak times. Having a reserved time may make things more comfortable for you so when you first board the ship, I'd recommend going directly to the dining room to reserve a time you want.

We'll be on the Allure, so it's a big ship and I've heard complaints of people waiting when on MTD. As another poster suggested, it makes sense that they are encouraging / forcing you to book at less popular times.

Good advice from here, that if we can't book those times online, then we'll try when on board. Thanks.