Gas Prices/shortages

jess43

=Prices are $3.19 and up today (but where you'll be on I-75, you'd probably pay more like $3.29 and up),

Up I-75 and I-40 (Knoxville area) you'll in some places see it for $ 3.29...but interstate prices are more around $ 3.45. At least that was earlier today...NO telling what it is tonight.:(

Here in the People's Republic of California where gasoline is much more expensive to produce because of all the regulations and taxes, I paid only $2.99 per gallon Regular unleaded when I filled my SSR truck ! ! No lines whatsoever despite the upcoming Holiday weekend. Surprised me ! ! :eek:

So I would offer that there is obvious gas gouging going on in the immediate area and North on the travel routes.:(

My next car might be a 50 mpg hybrid. They are really beginning to catch on here. Well, DUH, I wonder why. Many people commute 100-150 miles a day roundtrip to work. :rolleyes:

Shortage? Or reduced supply? 90% of the offshore rigs in the gulf are shut down. Several damaged or broke loose from their moorings. Nine of the refineries are closed. Colonial Pipeline is pumping 47% of normal. Shortage? Or reduced supply. Is there really a difference?

Here in High Point, NC there is no shortage and prices from 3.09 to 3.39 is normal today.

http://www.governmentguide.com/govsite.adp?bread=*Main&url=http%3A//www.governmentguide.com/ams/clickThruRedirect.adp%3F55079743%2C43576326%2Chttp%3A//www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/gasprices/states/index.shtml&CID=16101001

I live in a small town northeast of Nashville. Prices in Bowling Green KY were $3.09 to $3.49 a gallon, not sure of shortages, in Nashville gas is around the same and I have heard talk of gas stations running out of gas there. Where I live, all but 1 gas station has ran out of gas. The prices were $3.29 to $3.59 per gallon. There were a 2 gas stations who refused to raise the prices of the gas that was still in the tanks and they did run out also. One station in town, locally owned, closed until further notice.

It is a "SHORTAGE" to ME. I don't know how much oil this country possesses..there may be ample supply...I just know WE don't have hardly any. It is a critical situation here, and hopefully short lived. I think the fact that several oil refineries off the coast were destoryed has contributed to the problem, along with the fact the trucks simply cannot get to where they need to be b/c there are no ROADS in some places..

I heard the president say we need to stay home and not travel unless necessary. I agree. And hopefully next week we can get caught up...

With them releasing 30 million barrels of crude oil out of the reserve, that decreased the reserve by about 5%.

Sorry.... shortage means that there is not enough of a product to meet supply demand. Just cause the supply hasn't made it to you yet, doesn't mean there is a shortage no matter what you think. There is plenty of gasoline in America to go around for everyone which means there is not a "shortage". Using words like shortage and gouging only add kindling the the fire that is national hysteria. If you are doing this then you are the problem. Using words like "interrupted supply" is the accurate thing to do and won't scare the living sh*t out of people. I urge you all to quit using the word shortage and start thinking about this rationally. I'm sorry you are in a hard way....... I really am. We've still got family in Long Beach, MS that we haven't heard from yet, so I'm with you. But we cannot sit around and feed the frenzy that is hysteria. There is no pipeline that takes the gas right to your local exxon from the refinery so you're going to have to sit tight for a little bit until it reaches you. Good luck and god speed.

Danny

Went to our local Kroger store last night after midnight. The price at the Exxon accross the street was 2.87 for regular. I had a couple of other stops to make and decided to go to another station(our local Mapco) they where 3.29 for regular. I imagine since you will be coming from Ohio you may end up coming through here. There were some stations out of regular gas for a couple of days. Local news has reported some stations limiting gallons you can purchase. Not allowing you to fill up. Also reports of price gouging in Chatanooga. Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

North East Tennessee here - very few stations actually out of fuel - most have gotten fresh supply. Prices are anywhere from 2.79 to 3.59 really according to how close to the interstate you are. Wed. night there were lines at every station but I have'nt seen any lines since then. DH & I are driving to Tampa for our cruise - DH doesn't fly - but we still have a while before our cruise.

Archived