Hotels?

parttimr

The New Orleans Saints' beloved quarterback, Drew Brees, has purchased one of the 92 condominiums in the future Four Seasons New Orleans Hotel at the foot of Canal Street, according to a story on the TMZ website. The hotel/apartment development will occupy the 1968-vintage, modernist tower once known as the International Trade Mart.

Work began on the renovation of the 34-story former office building in 2018 and may be completed as soon as 2021. The redevelopment was projected to cost $450 million and will include 341 hotel rooms as well as condos.

According to the breathless TMZ report, “Drew's new pad is coming with ALL the bells and whistles … from private access to a bar/lounge to a golf simulator room."

TMZ said Brees provided a statement that said he and his family plan to call the condo home. The Saints organization could not immediately confirm or deny the report.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_4c43072c-0e3d-11eb-ab88-97d57ad3b300.html

• 5 months later...

A lot has been shutdown and not much happening in the way of cruises. We just switched to the NCL Breakaway out of NOLA. Part of the reason is we want to tour New Orleans for more than a few hours. Our plan is to get there Friday during the day which will give us Friday and Saturday to tour. The last time I was there, was early 90s for Mardi Gras while in college. Not the same experience this time. Staying "near" the cruise terminals is not as important as being closer to things to tour. I can always pay for Uber/Lyft to get from the hotel to the cruise port. I am more on the cheaper side of things and use a room to sleep and shower, not to lounge. 

I plan to keep an eye on this thread over the next 8-10 months to get an idea on where to stay as covid comes to end end (fingers crossed).

5 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

A lot has been shutdown and not much happening in the way of cruises. We just switched to the NCL Breakaway out of NOLA. Part of the reason is we want to tour New Orleans for more than a few hours. Our plan is to get there Friday during the day which will give us Friday and Saturday to tour. The last time I was there, was early 90s for Mardi Gras while in college. Not the same experience this time. Staying "near" the cruise terminals is not as important as being closer to things to tour. I can always pay for Uber/Lyft to get from the hotel to the cruise port. I am more on the cheaper side of things and use a room to sleep and shower, not to lounge. 

I plan to keep an eye on this thread over the next 8-10 months to get an idea on where to stay as covid comes to end end (fingers crossed).

You mostly looking to be in the french quarter area? I have a lot of New Orleans hotel reviews on my blog site including Sheraton Four Points on Bourbon Street if you really want to be in the middle of it.  I'll be adding Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House in the next month. Those are more in the downtown/superdome area but there is a streetcar stop right outside. I'm an out of town Saints season ticket holder so I've stayed at I think literally 100 New Orleans hotels if you have any questions.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Our cruise isn't until April 2022, so not much we can look at in the way of pricing. We will be there the weekend before Easter. Price will be playing a role in where we stay. Most likely I would be looking to book in December or January timeframe.

I'll be cruising out of NOLA in March on Carnival Glory for Carnival's 50th birthday "Sailabration" so I'll probably be looking to book around the same time. I'm subscribed to this thread so you can just post here when you're looking to book.

• 4 months later...

Would love some help, tried searching online, but haven't had much luck. Going out of New Orleans, the end of January for 7 days. Would like a moderate priced room where parking is free. I'm okay if it's a bit further from port and no shuttle, comfortable with rideshares. Happy sailing! 

• 4 months later...

@Saint Greg - Looking for recommendations on hotel options for our girls trip when we sail out of NOLA in October on the Valor. Most in our group have never really been to NOLA, so we want to take advantage of our time to do some exploring! We aren't looking to break the bank but willing to spend a bit for more of the NOLA experience. Would love a property with some charm/character vs. a cookie cutter chain hotel. First choice would be Hotel Monteleone, but open to other options. Just want to be somewhere we can walk to restaurants/bars/entertainment or maybe a short trolley or shuttle ride. 

Thanks so much! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

@Saint Greg - Looking for recommendations on hotel options for our girls trip when we sail out of NOLA in October on the Valor. Most in our group have never really been to NOLA, so we want to take advantage of our time to do some exploring! We aren't looking to break the bank but willing to spend a bit for more of the NOLA experience. Would love a property with some charm/character vs. a cookie cutter chain hotel. First choice would be Hotel Monteleone, but open to other options. Just want to be somewhere we can walk to restaurants/bars/entertainment or maybe a short trolley or shuttle ride. 

Thanks so much! 

I am sure St Greg will have some good advice but check out Prytania. It for sure has character and you can catch the trolley and really not that bad to walk from there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

Thanks so much! 

Wow October is pretty far off. Monteleone is great and would be my first choice! Even if you don't stay there you must stop by their carousel bar. Actually you'll want to check out my New Orleans Barhop and Frenchman Street articles for some unique bars to visit. Monteleone is usually pretty expensive. I have gotten deals on Hotwire in the past. I think I know what you're looking for. You want that old New Orleans feel. Let me throw out a few other options. Some of these have big chain names but all are in old style buildings with that old New Orleans feel. I won't recommend Sheraton on Canal which is a high rise but I will recommend Sheraton on Bourbon Street which is in one of those old buildings for instance. And I won't recommend a place I haven't stayed at myself. All are in the French Quarter except for Le Pavillon which is downtown (a few blocks walk or street car...they call them street cars in New Orleans...from the French Quarter). Let me know if you have any questions or need help finding a good price when you are ready to book.

Hotel Monteleone 

https://hotelmonteleone.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuGNBhCPARIsACbnLzo_m7cWqmoYmFzUBvP-IWPmE-BIhp0fAiZKOPXuGjna2zzB-eFHQ5EaAsoTEALw_wcB

Royal Sonesta

https://www.sonesta.com/us/louisiana/new-orleans/royal-sonesta-new-orleans

Omni Royal Orleans

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/new-orleans-royal-orleans?utm_campaign=omni_ohr_x_prospecting_x_nb_prop_booking_en_dsa_us&utm_content=58700006495347664&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=39700058667223661&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuGNBhCPARIsACbnLzp-Hdl_S8Y6NXCe8_dzBcJKxpnEN1oD6tjI0WAttHxbU0uFBB2PoyMaAqB6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sheraton Four Points - Bourbon Street

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/msyqf-four-points-french-quarter/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2&y_source=1_MTUwMjgyOS03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU%3D

Le Pavillon

https://www.lepavillon.com/?utm_source=google my business&utm_medium=listing&utm_campaign=visit website

Holiday Inn Chateau Lamoyne

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/new-orleans/msycl/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-HI-_-US-_-MSYCL

Bourbon Orleans

https://www.bourbonorleans.com/?utm_source=google-gmb&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

Hotel Provincial

https://www.hotelprovincial.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuGNBhCPARIsACbnLzooLc5twt8JltqG74rEESQLq_ArMCesyUbszMiNhb9OqGFQMOkT28kaAjzeEALw_wcB

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Wow October is pretty far off. Monteleone is great and would be my first choice! Even if you don't stay there you must stop by their carousel bar. Actually you'll want to check out my New Orleans Barhop and Frenchman Street articles for some unique bars to visit. Monteleone is usually pretty expensive. I have gotten deals on Hotwire in the past. I think I know what you're looking for. You want that old New Orleans feel. Let me throw out a few other options. Some of these have big chain names but all are in old style buildings with that old New Orleans feel. I won't recommend Sheraton on Canal which is a high rise but I will recommend Sheraton on Bourbon Street which is in one of those old buildings for instance. And I won't recommend a place I haven't stayed at myself. All are in the French Quarter except for Le Pavillon which is downtown (a few blocks walk or street car...they call them street cars in New Orleans...from the French Quarter). Let me know if you have any questions or need help finding a good price when you are ready to book.

Hotel Monteleone 

https://hotelmonteleone.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuGNBhCPARIsACbnLzo_m7cWqmoYmFzUBvP-IWPmE-BIhp0fAiZKOPXuGjna2zzB-eFHQ5EaAsoTEALw_wcB

Royal Sonesta

https://www.sonesta.com/us/louisiana/new-orleans/royal-sonesta-new-orleans

Omni Royal Orleans

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/new-orleans-royal-orleans?utm_campaign=omni_ohr_x_prospecting_x_nb_prop_booking_en_dsa_us&utm_content=58700006495347664&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=39700058667223661&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuGNBhCPARIsACbnLzp-Hdl_S8Y6NXCe8_dzBcJKxpnEN1oD6tjI0WAttHxbU0uFBB2PoyMaAqB6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sheraton Four Points - Bourbon Street

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/msyqf-four-points-french-quarter/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2&y_source=1_MTUwMjgyOS03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU%3D

Le Pavillon

https://www.lepavillon.com/?utm_source=google my business&utm_medium=listing&utm_campaign=visit website

Holiday Inn Chateau Lamoyne

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/new-orleans/msycl/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-HI-_-US-_-MSYCL

Bourbon Orleans

https://www.bourbonorleans.com/?utm_source=google-gmb&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

Hotel Provincial

https://www.hotelprovincial.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuGNBhCPARIsACbnLzooLc5twt8JltqG74rEESQLq_ArMCesyUbszMiNhb9OqGFQMOkT28kaAjzeEALw_wcB

Yeah...I'm a planner! LOL It might also have something to do with the fact that this will be my first cruise since April, 2019 and the rebooking from our canceled October, 2020 cruise. So I'm whiling away the time by researching and planning! I've even already booked my flights (on the first day they became available to book!)! 

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I'll check all of these out! And I'm already working my way through your the NOLA portion of your blog! I've followed a few of your trip reports...I think you were even on the same cruise as some of my best friends and cruise buddies right before the cruise shutdown began! How far ahead have you found to be the best time to book? I know we'll be traveling during NFL season, but not yet sure if the Saints will be home that weekend or not - though hopefully staying on a Friday night vs. Saturday night will get us ahead of any NFL crowds. 

Thanks again for the help! 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 9:04 PM, kitten816 said:

Would love some help, tried searching online, but haven't had much luck. Going out of New Orleans, the end of January for 7 days. Would like a moderate priced room where parking is free. I'm okay if it's a bit further from port and no shuttle, comfortable with rideshares. Happy sailing! 

Did you still need help? I must have missed the alert for your post back in July. I do have a section on Park and Cruise hotels at the end of my New Orleans Parking article. I last updated it in August so I mention the places that used to have park and cruise packages that removed them from their website. Some may have added it back so I left them at the bottom of the list for you to check out. 

2 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

Yeah...I'm a planner! LOL It might also have something to do with the fact that this will be my first cruise since April, 2019 and the rebooking from our canceled October, 2020 cruise. So I'm whiling away the time by researching and planning! I've even already booked my flights (on the first day they became available to book!)! 

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I'll check all of these out! And I'm already working my way through your the NOLA portion of your blog! I've followed a few of your trip reports...I think you were even on the same cruise as some of my best friends and cruise buddies right before the cruise shutdown began! How far ahead have you found to be the best time to book? I know we'll be traveling during NFL season, but not yet sure if the Saints will be home that weekend or not - though hopefully staying on a Friday night vs. Saturday night will get us ahead of any NFL crowds. 

Thanks again for the help! 

My last New Orleans cruise was in August 2019. I found a great deal on the Sheraton Four Points on Bourbon Street in December or January so I booked 7-8 months out. That was a hotwire deal and I ate a couple of non-refundable hotel rooms during the pandemic so I'm really cautious with those things now. I would probably look to reserve a room at an acceptable price that can be canceled as soon as possible. Then if you find something better or cheaper as it gets closer you can switch.

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Did you still need help? I must have missed the alert for your post back in July. I do have a section on Park and Cruise hotels at the end of my New Orleans Parking article. I last updated it in August so I mention the places that used to have park and cruise packages that removed them from their website. Some may have added it back so I left them at the bottom of the list for you to check out. 

You're the best, thank you!! 

• Like 1

Hotels for our 1-night stay in April are still very expensive. Without knowing our flight times until late February, I do not want to book a hotel. If we get in early on Saturday, it is worth spending a bit more to be near the tourist spots. But if we land at say 10PM, better to stay near MSY for about $100. I keep checking on deals to see what we can get, but nothing worth jumping on yet. We are almost at the 100-day mark 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2021 at 5:53 PM, Saint Greg said:

My last New Orleans cruise was in August 2019. I found a great deal on the Sheraton Four Points on Bourbon Street in December or January so I booked 7-8 months out. That was a hotwire deal and I ate a couple of non-refundable hotel rooms during the pandemic so I'm really cautious with those things now. I would probably look to reserve a room at an acceptable price that can be canceled as soon as possible. Then if you find something better or cheaper as it gets closer you can switch.

Hello @Saint Greg! I've finally gotten a chance to really dig into hotel options for our October cruise! I think I've cracked the Hotwire Hot Deals and figured out what hotel most of them are. I was able to find the Hotel Monteleone on a Hot Deal for $323 (showing on the hotel's website for $414). Is that pretty in line with what you've seen it for on Hotwire? 

The Sheraton New Orleans isn't showing on a Hot Deal (that I can find, anyway) but is available on the hotel website for $484. And the Bourbon Orleans is showing a Hot Deal for $332 (compared to $403 on the hotel website). The other ones that you recommended weren't available yet on either Hotwire or the hotel's website. It looks like most of those will start booking out for October in the next few weeks. 

Any thoughts on the pricing that I've found so far? I'm almost inclined to book the Hotel Monteleone Hot Deal pricing especially if that's likely to be as low as it's going to get! 

29 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

Hello @Saint Greg! I've finally gotten a chance to really dig into hotel options for our October cruise! I think I've cracked the Hotwire Hot Deals and figured out what hotel most of them are. I was able to find the Hotel Monteleone on a Hot Deal for $323 (showing on the hotel's website for $414). Is that pretty in line with what you've seen it for on Hotwire? 

The Sheraton New Orleans isn't showing on a Hot Deal (that I can find, anyway) but is available on the hotel website for $484. And the Bourbon Orleans is showing a Hot Deal for $332 (compared to $403 on the hotel website). The other ones that you recommended weren't available yet on either Hotwire or the hotel's website. It looks like most of those will start booking out for October in the next few weeks. 

Any thoughts on the pricing that I've found so far? I'm almost inclined to book the Hotel Monteleone Hot Deal pricing especially if that's likely to be as low as it's going to get! 

Prices sound high. Are you there during voodoo fest or something? What are your exact dates?

I’m personally being very cautious with the hot rates. I got burned on a couple non-refundable hotel rates during the pandemic.

What I did for my upcoming New Orleans cruise is book a room that I can cancel then a couple weeks out I’ll check the hot rates and see if I can do better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Prices sound high. Are you there during voodoo fest or something? What are your exact dates?

I’m personally being very cautious with the hot rates. I got burned on a couple non-refundable hotel rates during the pandemic.

What I did for my upcoming New Orleans cruise is book a room that I can cancel then a couple weeks out I’ll check the hot rates and see if I can do better.

We are there October 21…cruise leaves the 22nd. Looks like voodoo fest is Halloween weekend. I did a search and don’t see any big events that weekend - at least that sound like big ones to me! Lol 

There is an option to add on an insurance to the hot deal. For the Monteleone, it was around $20. Maybe we’ll do that?? Need to check into it more closely and read the fine print. 

1 hour ago, MistyRo76 said:

We are there October 21…cruise leaves the 22nd. Looks like voodoo fest is Halloween weekend. I did a search and don’t see any big events that weekend - at least that sound like big ones to me! Lol 

There is an option to add on an insurance to the hot deal. For the Monteleone, it was around $20. Maybe we’ll do that?? Need to check into it more closely and read the fine print. 

I guess the prices aren’t that bad overall. Those are just on the higher side and that price was after taxes and fees. Monteleone looks like the best price out of those. The trip protection was $17 and said it included up to 100% of a trip cancellation. That might be a good investment.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 12:12 AM, Saint Greg said:

I guess the prices aren’t that bad overall. Those are just on the higher side and that price was after taxes and fees. Monteleone looks like the best price out of those. The trip protection was $17 and said it included up to 100% of a trip cancellation. That might be a good investment.

@Saint Greg

We missed out on the Monteleone on the HotDeals on Hotwire. Have you ever done the Priceline PriceBreaker option where they show you three hotels and the price and you're guaranteed to get one of those hotels. I can get a PriceBreaker deal that includes a guaranteed room at either the Hotel Monteleone, Bourbon Orleans or Bienville House Hotel for $281 plus taxes/fees. What do you think about that? I Monteleone and Bourbon Orleans would be my top 2 picks for hotels in NOLA. I wasn't familiar with the Bienville House. But reviews on trip advisor are really good and the pics on the hotel website look great! Do you know anything about this hotel? 

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, MistyRo76 said:

@Saint Greg

We missed out on the Monteleone on the HotDeals on Hotwire. Have you ever done the Priceline PriceBreaker option where they show you three hotels and the price and you're guaranteed to get one of those hotels. I can get a PriceBreaker deal that includes a guaranteed room at either the Hotel Monteleone, Bourbon Orleans or Bienville House Hotel for $281 plus taxes/fees. What do you think about that? I Monteleone and Bourbon Orleans would be my top 2 picks for hotels in NOLA. I wasn't familiar with the Bienville House. But reviews on trip advisor are really good and the pics on the hotel website look great! Do you know anything about this hotel? 

Thank you! 

I personally stopped doing priceline over a decade ago. When I go to new orleans I usually need a two bed room. Priceline books for double occupancy which could be a double bed. I got burned on that and stopped using them. On Hotwire I can pick 2 adults and 2 children in my search and that will guarantee two beds. Sometimes the price goes up in that search. Sometimes it doesn't. So I'm not as familiar with priceline.

I went ahead and unlocked all of the hotwire french quarter and french quarter/miss river hot rate hotels for you. Just match the rating up with the number of reviews.  I personally only have experience with Hilton Riverside and Royal Sonesta from that list. Both are great though Riverside is the one that you can walk to the port from and not quite in the French Quarter. For someone staying in the french quarter Royal Sonesta would be up there with Monteleone for me.  Of course the price is up there. I'm adding in one downtown hotel just because the Roosevelt is a fancy, historic hotel that deserves consideration if you're going up in the $300 range.

Bourbon Orleans I've stayed at a couple times. It's fine. It's on the far end of Bourbon street so there isn't much action right outside. I rank the bourbon street hotels 1. Royal Sontesta, 2. Sheraton Four Points, 3. Bourbon Orleans. Four Points and Bourbon are about like 3 star hotels where Royal is 4.5 so it's not even close. Four Points is better located than Bourbon Orleans as far as being close to all of the action on Bourbon Street.

If you're happy with the three options and the price, book it. If you want to look at the hot rates, here they are:

4.2 2659 - wyndham FQ $212
4.5 1062 - homewood suites FQ $179
4.2 1112 - hilton riverside $219
4.3 952 - doubletree $212
4.6 916 - Prince Conti $219
4.3 978 - lamoth house $175
4.1 1000 - Indigo FQ $189
4.6 1176 - Hotel St. Marie $269
4.3 2426 - Royal Sonesta $423
4.5 954 - Place D'Armes $239

Downtown
4.5 $309 Roosevelt

Edited by Saint Greg

58 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I personally stopped doing priceline over a decade ago. When I go to new orleans I usually need a two bed room. Priceline books for double occupancy which could be a double bed. I got burned on that and stopped using them. On Hotwire I can pick 2 adults and 2 children in my search and that will guarantee two beds. Sometimes the price goes up in that search. Sometimes it doesn't. So I'm not as familiar with priceline.

I went ahead and unlocked all of the hotwire french quarter and french quarter/miss river hot rate hotels for you. Just match the rating up with the number of reviews.  I personally only have experience with Hilton Riverside and Royal Sonesta from that list. Both are great though Riverside is the one that you can walk to the port from and not quite in the French Quarter. For someone staying in the french quarter Royal Sonesta would be up there with Monteleone for me.  Of course the price is up there. I'm adding in one downtown hotel just because the Roosevelt is a fancy, historic hotel that deserves consideration if you're going up in the $300 range.

Bourbon Orleans I've stayed at a couple times. It's fine. It's on the far end of Bourbon street so there isn't much action right outside. I rank the bourbon street hotels 1. Royal Sontesta, 2. Sheraton Four Points, 3. Bourbon Orleans. Four Points and Bourbon are about like 3 star hotels where Royal is 4.5 so it's not even close. Four Points is better located than Bourbon Orleans as far as being close to all of the action on Bourbon Street.

If you're happy with the three options and the price, book it. If you want to look at the hot rates, here they are:

4.2 2659 - wyndham FQ $212
4.5 1062 - homewood suites FQ $179
4.2 1112 - hilton riverside $219
4.3 952 - doubletree $212
4.6 916 - Prince Conti $219
4.3 978 - lamoth house $175
4.1 1000 - Indigo FQ $189
4.6 1176 - Hotel St. Marie $269
4.3 2426 - Royal Sonesta $423
4.5 954 - Place D'Armes $239

Downtown
4.5 $309 Roosevelt

Thanks for the insights and the breakdown of the Hot Deal hotels. I had figured out most of them on my own...but there were a few that I couldn't crack! Now knowing to compare the Expedia review numbers, it will be WAY easier! lol 

As far as Priceline, maybe it's changed since you used them last. Now you can book for more than two people. We have four in our group who will be sharing a room. I was a little concerned when the mock booking I did showed 1 double bed but I went into the Booking Conditions it says all rooms will accommodate up to four guests. So that makes me feel better. I would love to have a room with 2 king beds (or at least queens), but for one pre-cruise night, we can manage in two doubles or even one double and a sleeper sofa if we have to! lol I also found that with the PriceBreaker option, you can somewhat manipulate it to get three hotels that you would be absolutely okay with. It does give you the option to replace one of the options they give you. And you can do that repeatedly until there are three that you like. 

I did notice that the Bourbon Orleans was a bit further away from things. But I honestly feel like that would probably be the least likely option we get as it is the most expensive of the three being offered. But who knows? I think we could live with it for a night if we get it! LOL

thanks again for the tips and advice! 

6 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

Thanks for the insights and the breakdown of the Hot Deal hotels. I had figured out most of them on my own...but there were a few that I couldn't crack! Now knowing to compare the Expedia review numbers, it will be WAY easier! lol 

As far as Priceline, maybe it's changed since you used them last. Now you can book for more than two people. We have four in our group who will be sharing a room. I was a little concerned when the mock booking I did showed 1 double bed but I went into the Booking Conditions it says all rooms will accommodate up to four guests. So that makes me feel better. I would love to have a room with 2 king beds (or at least queens), but for one pre-cruise night, we can manage in two doubles or even one double and a sleeper sofa if we have to! lol I also found that with the PriceBreaker option, you can somewhat manipulate it to get three hotels that you would be absolutely okay with. It does give you the option to replace one of the options they give you. And you can do that repeatedly until there are three that you like. 

I did notice that the Bourbon Orleans was a bit further away from things. But I honestly feel like that would probably be the least likely option we get as it is the most expensive of the three being offered. But who knows? I think we could live with it for a night if we get it! LOL

thanks again for the tips and advice! 

That price breaker is interesting. They didn't have those the last time I used them. I couldn't get them to give me Monteleone on that at all.  So it'll probably be one of the other two. I did get Astor Crown Plaza as an option which isn't a bad one either. It's on the corner of Bourbon and Canal. 

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That price breaker is interesting. They didn't have those the last time I used them. I couldn't get them to give me Monteleone on that at all.  So it'll probably be one of the other two. I did get Astor Crown Plaza as an option which isn't a bad one either. It's on the corner of Bourbon and Canal. 

@Saint Greg Well - I did the Pricebreaker. I was 85% sure going in that we would probably get the Bienville House Hotel....and we did! But our options were that, Hotel Monteleone and Bourbon Orleans. I think it worked out great! Bienville appears to be in a good location - only 2 blocks from Monteleone which is great cause the Carousel Bar is top of my list of places to go! And three blocks to Bourbon. And it gives me that old NOLA feel that I was looking for! I will report back on how it was when we return after our cruise. Thanks again for all the advise and tips! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 5:20 PM, MistyRo76 said:

@Saint Greg Well - I did the Pricebreaker. I was 85% sure going in that we would probably get the Bienville House Hotel....and we did! But our options were that, Hotel Monteleone and Bourbon Orleans. I think it worked out great! Bienville appears to be in a good location - only 2 blocks from Monteleone which is great cause the Carousel Bar is top of my list of places to go! And three blocks to Bourbon. And it gives me that old NOLA feel that I was looking for! I will report back on how it was when we return after our cruise. Thanks again for all the advise and tips! 

Sorry nobody tossed the Hotel Roosevelt a Hilton property into the mix.  It's full of history and charm.  We stayed there just after Christmas and walked into French Quarter several times.  Took Uber to the WWII museum, which I highly recommend you do.