Teens in solarium

Jiffymom

I don't know what ship you are on, but on Adventure there are signs on the doors leading to the Solarium stating that no one under 16 is allowed.

Another option is to go up to deck 12 and walk over the Solarium.

JiffyMom, if you let us know which ship, there are lots of us who can suggest alternate routes.

On the Freedom Class (Freedom, Independence, Liberty), there are covered "walk ways" on each side of the open solarium area. Very often, you would see families walk through on the way to the main pool. No one will say anything as long as the kids don't stay. If you are going to the H20 zone, you might be better walking through the ship to the bank of elevators/stairs which open into the H20 zone - works out to the same amount of walking.

I know teens can not use the zacuzzi in the solarium. But our GS a is at the end of deck 10 just near steps and elevator.

Can the just walk up steps and walk thru solarium to main pool

It depends on what age your "teens" are. 16 year olds and older are allowed in the Solarium.

Certainly on Indy, and presumably other Freedom class, only the actual pool and whirlpools were adult only, it was a constant passageway from elevators to main pool deck and children loved the couple of swinging chairs in there.

We had the same issue on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. However, the distance from the door to the area outside of the "Adults Only" was very short that people ignored it when kids walked by. I don't think anyone noticed unless the kids were loud or stayed longer in the area. It was literally a 10 second walk.

However, even with this, we take our kids up one flight to avoid it and walk over and down the stairs to the pool. It wasn't a big deal, but the first time we were on the ship, we didn't realize it until we walked through it and when my son looked back (for some reason), he saw the sign and, knowing how I am about following rules, he jokingly mentioned it several times during the cruise.

But since I'm going on my first RCCL cruise in a couple of weeks and obviously do not know the best path to take, I am of no help. I just wanted to post how sometimes the design of the ship doesn't always make sense and sometimes you may need to take a longer path to get there. It may be as simple as going down or up one deck to avoid going through it.

Edited by dvcdisney

Traveling through shouldn't matter, I've seen plenty of rule abiding parents who direct their kids to check in periodically or let them know if they are going somewhere. Usually the kid will come in, walk to the parent, say they are going to the promenade and leave.

I know teens can not use the zacuzzi in the solarium. But our GS a is at the end of deck 10 just near steps and elevator.

Can the just walk up steps and walk thru solarium to main pool

No need to find another route. If the most convenient route for you and your GS is through the Solarium use it.;)