NCL Jewel Teen Club Question

AFanofTravel

We are cruising NCL Jewel 3/28 and have 2 teenage boys. They are more into video games vs sports, eating vs laying out in sun.

Anyways, can anyone who has had teenagers on NCL JEWEL give me more information on the teen club, etc.

Waiting for sunshine on 3/28 instead of being in the midwest frozen tundra.

I just got off the the jewel on Saturday. I am fifteen and I had a great time. Apparently in the process the packing I forgot to grab the Entourage schedule. I remember some of the stuff we did.

Most importantly go on the first night. Trust me. It also helps if you go about five minutes early and stand awkwardly with everyone else waiting to go in.

You also don't have to participate in the scheduled activities, most of my cruise I spent in a hot tub with my friends.

I remember there being dodge ball one night, a selfie challenge around the ship. There was also some sort of basketball soccer game on our second last day.

But through the week the sports court was always opened and I saw multiple pickup games of basketball.

I hope this helps.

Our son is now 21, but we did lots of cruises when he was a teenager and he usually just preferred to find other kids on his own to hang out with. But, we were just on the Jewel last week. I think it was the last night on the cruise, the teen group all came into the Tzar's Palace dining room to eat together with the ship's leader/counselor. There must have been 5 tables of them, at least. This dining room requires resort casual attire, which means at least nice jeans, and all the kids were appropriately dressed. They appeared to be having a great time and were as well behaved as a group of teenagers could be expected to be in those circumstances. My husband and I both had big smiles on our faces at the sight. At least on the Jewel, NCL must be doing something right with their teen club to get that many kids to do a "nice" dinner together.

We cruised the Jewel this past Thanksgiving, and it was DS's first cruise as a teen. He's small for his age, and a little on the shy side if he doesn't know anyone. He went to some of the activities, but actually spent more time with us on this cruise - which was new for all of us. He and I spent time at the pool and we spent a lot of time in the game room as a family.

If you like to play games, bring your own. It was very difficult, sometimes impossible, to find a game with all it's pieces. I pack travel Yatzee and our own decks of cards.