? About Air Conditioning in Aft Cabins

RealDeal

I typically book cabins at the end of the hallway (aft). Our cabins have never been terribly cool and I just read a cabin review in which someone mentioned that those cabins are at the "end" of the A/C line and therefore don't get as cool. Any truth to this? I have no basis of comparison b/c we're always way aft.

We were in a family veranda twice and always have arts otherwise on X. Twice we've had a question about why our room was not cool enough...of course once was going through Panama Canal and it was like 97 when we hit Cartagena. We called and it was promptly corrected. Absolutely no issue with other afts.

Don't be afraid to inquire. Also, remember not to leave your balcony door open as that causes quite a mess with AC for you and for others not to mention a wind tunnel effect when hall door is opened.

Enjoy your aft. You'll love it!

I've only been in an aft once (Hawaii), and had no problem with the A/C. And I always keep my cabin cold, so that would have been a real problem for me.

And I second the comment about the balcony door - keeping it propped open causes problems not only for you but for your neighbors heating/cooling.

Can't wait to cruise aft again :)

• 1 month later...

I recently posted under a thread ("Record aft cabin temperature") a problem with warmth in a Carnival Valor aft cabin (7435) on March 15th's sailing. We did notice our next door neighbors had their door open at least once, and I do wonder if that may have been a contributing factor.

Our room temperature ranged from 70-76 with the temperature rising in the evening. We were shocked by this as we keep hotel rooms around 65-68 and have difficulty sleeping in anything warmer.

The first night I called to complain, the tech said that the standard is 70-74. He recorded 74.5, so made an adjustment to our unit. However, this continued to be a problem and we were told the adjustment had already been made and the tech would check the "chillers".

I would also like to know if aft cabins tend to be warmer. If so, I will book elsewhere. I'm not sure cruising is for me if 74 (or more) is standard; is this standard for Carnival or all cruise lines? I was miserable.