Fresh squeezed juice is alive and well

jjmock

The "fresh squeezed OJ" I got from the bar in the buffet, as well as from room service last week is indeed the "frozen fresh." It is definitely not fresh squeezed. More like the juice you buy from the grocery store in cartons that says not from concentrate. I don't like that kind, and I can tell a difference, so I was slightly bummed, but only slightly! :)

But the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice really IS fresh squeezed!

There were always a few seeds in it.

And the solution to the toothpaste problem is to eat a croissant first. ;) :D

But the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice really IS fresh squeezed!

There were always a few seeds in it.

And the solution to the toothpaste problem is to eat a croissant first. ;) :D

Now I want to go back and do my cruise over, so I can order the grapefruit juice. After the OJ, I assumed the GF would also be "not from concentrate, non-fresh squeezed."

We were on the March 1 sailing of the Millennium. I was surprised to see the orange juice extractor in the Ocean View Cafe bar upon boarding, based on the famous OJ thread.

For the first few days of our cruise, we enjoyed fresh squeezed OJ each morning. Even when it was poured from a pitcher, it was marked with the time it was squeezed.

Then it changed. On the third or fourth day, they went to the processed OJ. We sent ours back the first day and complained. The entire ship and crew knew about it and was talking about the change during the next couple of days.

After a couple of days, they had staff walking around "trying" to sell it minimal success.

Nope, not fresh squeezed on ship any more.

Mike

On the Reflection, they were serving orange juice that tasted like watered down from concentrate. You know, it tasted like you added too much water to the pitcher when preparing it. I can tell fresh squeezed and this definitely was not.