Fresh squeezed juice is alive and well

jjmock

A second, smaller cafe Al Bacio, aptly named Il Secondo Bacio indeed resides in the Oceanview cafe on Celebrity Reflection.

It is more a speciality coffee bar (including freshly squeezed OJ as per machine in the picture [emoji14], taken before its alleged removal) to service the buffet area than having its own dedicated seating area.

It doesn't look much different to the generic bar on the port side of the ocean view buffet to me, except it has chairs and a fancy name above it [emoji5]️

496d369c51aacf4844a9a9494968f8b7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When was this picture taken?

Edited by ORV

OK important question here is where does one go or how does one get the best OJ on M-Class ships whether fresh squeezed, fresh frozen, top secret magical OJ process, ... just don't like the standard stuff in the buffet.

Will have premium drink package and champagne to make mimosas as needed :)

-Terry

OK important question here is where does one go or how does one get the best OJ on M-Class ships whether fresh squeezed, fresh frozen, top secret magical OJ process, ... just don't like the standard stuff in the buffet.

Will have premium drink package and champagne to make mimosas as needed :)

-Terry

LOL, I am with you. Stay away from those buffet self service spigots.

Order your OJ, from waiter, in MDR if open for breakfast, Cafe Bacio, and room service.

Order your mimosa in any bar.

LOL, I am with you. Stay away from those buffet self service spigots.

Order your OJ, from waiter, in MDR if open for breakfast, Cafe Bacio, and room service.

Order your mimosa in any bar.

Funny thing is, I like the fruit punch drink from those spigots!:eek:

I expect on my next cruise, with my premium drink package on my my card, I will also be sipping on the delectable nectar that is the fruit punch drink. That said the OJ drink from those spigots is nasty!:D

Edited by Chitown12562

Funny thing is, I like the fruit punch drink from those spigots!:eek:

I expect on my next cruise, with my premium drink package on my my card, I will also be sipping on the delectable nectar that is the fruit punch drink. That said the OJ drink from those spigots is nasty!:D

Some people actually think orange juice is dispensed from those machines. Take a peek when they change the syrup.... sorry "juice" concentrate containers.

I was real thirsty last cruise after dinner. They were changing the concentrate on the fruit punch. The attendance asked for my glass and poured concentrate to fill half of my glass. Told me to put some water in it. Wow! A sugar high!

That picture was taken a while back. The bar chairs are no longer there...perhaps they are keeping the orange squeezer machine company somewhere in the bowels of the ship.

Do I have it straight that on the Reflection, there are actually two bars (one coffee/OJ on the Starboard and the other a drinks bar on the Port side,,, in it's usual place) in the OV Café?

Does the new bar take the place of the Ice cream bar?

Edited by Iamthesea

When was this picture taken?

Not sure but it is definitely an older shot...was not meant to represent the 'current' setup as from other threads the OJ machine pictured is there no longer.... But was just to represent the naming of this spot as the 2nd Al Bacio per discussion above...

Do I have it straight that on the Reflection, there are actually two bars (one coffee/OJ on the Starboard and the other a drinks bar on the Port side,,, in it's usual place) in the OV Café?

Does the new bar take the place of the Ice cream bar?

No, I believe Il Secondo Bacio is simply a name of the existing bar area on the Portside of OV Cafe as mentioned in my earlier post. No change to the ice cream bar!!

Doing a bit of googling brings up Il Secondo Bacio also 'exists' on Silhouette as well.

Anyone who frequents these boards knows that not long ago, there was a long long discussion here about the status (or lack thereof) of fresh squeezed OJ on board Celebrity ships. I am happy to report that my wife s currently on Silhouette, and she reports that fresh squeezed OJ is indeed alive and well and on Celebrity Silhouette.

What a relief, we're back to cruising Celebrity in 2016!

What a relief, we're back to cruising Celebrity in 2016!

Too bad you didn't read some of the posts before you replied. The great debate continues. 2016 is quite away off. They could be serving Tang by then, which will prompt a thread titled "Is it Tang or Kool-Aid"?

Edited by Iamcruzin

Too bad you didn't read some of the posts before you replied. The great debate continues. 2016 is quite away off. They could be serving Tang by then, which will prompt a thread titled "Is it Tang or Kool-Aid"?

ROFLLMAO!! And it will probably be one of the most active threads of its time!! [emoji1]

No, I believe Il Secondo Bacio is simply a name of the existing bar area on the Portside of OV Cafe as mentioned in my earlier post. No change to the ice cream bar!!

OK. ;) I took from your first post (see below) that you were saying It (the Il Secondo Bacio) was on the Starboard side, while the other bar (the generic) was on the Port side.

It doesn't look much different to the generic bar on the port side of the ocean view buffet to me, except it has chairs and a fancy name above it

Do you have any other photos of this port side area? My stateroom is right under this area. I wanted to see if there was carpet under the tables and chairs across the way.

Edited by Iamthesea

I don't have pictures but as you walk into the Oceanview Cafe you are walking down a non carpeted entrance. To your right if you are port side and to your left if you are starboard side are tables with carpet under them. If you continue to walk ahead on the non carpeted floor there are about six tables across from the Il Secondo Bacio bar that are on the non carpeted floor as well. Then ahead all the buffet food islands are also non carpeted. Aside from these few tables across from Il Secondo Bacio, all the tables in the Oceanview Cafe are on carpet. Until you go outside to the open air aft seating. And these few tables are only on the port side.

That's what I was afraid of...that we are going to be under that non-carpeted area. DH and I were on the Equinox last month and actually sat in this area on embarkation day, but I did not pay much attention to the floors because my GTY Suite assignment for the Reflection had not been assigned.

There used to be a website where one could layer deck plan decks over each other. Anyone remember what that was? We are in 2179 Sky Suite for our cruise.

That was the deck plan site that I am thinking of. Perhaps you could take a look for me and see exactly what my stateroom is under. :)

I am a morning person, but my girls are not. :rolleyes: I guess you could say that overhead noise is irritating to me no matter what.

I do carry a white noise machine, but I may have the girls use their white noise apps, on their cells, as a back-up.

Edited by Iamthesea

I did look but since the deck plan for the Oceanview doesn't show where the carpet is its a bit of a tough call. Looks like you would be just past the uncarpeted area....but I can't swear to that. If I were you I might post a thread asking specifically people who had sailed on Reflection in that area if noise was a problem. I, personally, wouldn't want to be under the Cafe even in a totally carpeted area because I've been burned before by the sounds of carts, chairs being stacked, vacuuming....gods bowling, etc. But this was not on Reflection and not even on Celebrity. I would like to think that as these are premium cabins that great care has been taken with soundproofing.

Thank you for looking. :) I have done as much research as I can, and from what I have read, if one was to be under the OV Café, our stateroom is in the best location. ;) Further down, one could be under the very noisy galley (noise all through the night). Out on the aft, one would be under the OV Bar with scrapping chairs.

Like you, we were once under an area like this. The ship was a RCCL ship and we were in a Grand Suite. We could here carts and the automatic doors running all through the night. Thankfully, Celebrity keeps their doors to the café opened during business hours.

We will be fine. We are on a cruise and in a Suite. :) I may throw in some earplugs just in case, though. :D

My first big belly laugh of the day as I waded through this thread. All I know for sure is blu grapefruit juice taste fresher than the Orange juice and I can count on what I pick from my own trees. I already realized if I want a real egg, stay away from scrambled.

My first big belly laugh of the day as I waded through this thread. All I know for sure is blu grapefruit juice taste fresher than the Orange juice and I can count on what I pick from my own trees. I already realized if I want a real egg, stay away from scrambled.

Frankly, for me it doesn't matter how they serve the juice because any citrus drink tastes horrible after you just brushed your teeth.

Frankly, for me it doesn't matter how they serve the juice because any citrus drink tastes horrible after you just brushed your teeth.

You're right, maybe tang or koolaid is the way to go. Lol

Anyone who frequents these boards knows that not long ago, there was a long long discussion here about the status (or lack thereof) of fresh squeezed OJ on board Celebrity ships. I am happy to report that my wife s currently on Silhouette, and she reports that fresh squeezed OJ is indeed alive and well and on Celebrity Silhouette.

And you believe this story enough to print it here? Geeeez! One has to wonder.

The "fresh squeezed OJ" I got from the bar in the buffet, as well as from room service last week is indeed the "frozen fresh." It is definitely not fresh squeezed. More like the juice you buy from the grocery store in cartons that says not from concentrate. I don't like that kind, and I can tell a difference, so I was slightly bummed, but only slightly! :)